Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 252

Thread: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

  1. #226
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,307

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude is a Pistons fan, he is hoping he is right just like most of us are hoping we are right, he is just being obtuse about it.
    Nah...I'm not going to play "He's a Pistons fan." card with him. It's rather admirable that he can frequent a different team's forum and not discuss Pistons basketball at every and any opportunity.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:


  3. #227
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    Posts
    1,179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah...I'm not going to play "He's a Pistons fan." card with him. It's rather admirable that he can frequent a different team's forum and not discuss Pistons basketball at every and any opportunity.
    Not saying that to disparage him, just saying that we as Pacers fans have a rooting interest in either resigning PG or getting a decent package back for him. He, as a Pistons fan, has a rooting interest in us losing PG for absolutely nothing. That puts a division rival on the mat for at minimum 5 years. He hopes he is right just like we hope we are right. My issue is that he is taking a rumor and running with it as the gospel truth.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:


  5. #228
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    57
    Posts
    16,631

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    One point I have to believe is at least under consideration by Paul and his advisers is that the only difference between Boston and the Pacers in the playoffs is that Boston got to play in two rounds before getting clobbered by the Cavs, while the Pacers hit the Cavs first round. Who is to say that Boston is somehow one player away from a championship while the Pacers have nothing whatsoever they can do to improve over this year enough to make any kind of leap. About the only way that argument works is to believe that the Cavs went easy on the Pacers - which why we're the only team in the league everyone goes easy on I don't know, but whatever.

    There is definitely an argument about whether the pieces Boston has have more potential than those Indiana has, but I think the result of those pieces is more similar than the final standings may imply. After all, despite the differences we may have about how and why Paul's play was affected, we all pretty much agree that if Paul plays all season like he did the last few weeks we would very much have been in contention for an upper-tier Eastern Conference playoff spot and a lot better record.
    BillS

    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  7. #229
    Member jrwannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,775

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One point I have to believe is at least under consideration by Paul and his advisers is that the only difference between Boston and the Pacers in the playoffs is that Boston got to play in two rounds before getting clobbered by the Cavs, while the Pacers hit the Cavs first round. Who is to say that Boston is somehow one player away from a championship while the Pacers have nothing whatsoever they can do to improve over this year enough to make any kind of leap. About the only way that argument works is to believe that the Cavs went easy on the Pacers - which why we're the only team in the league everyone goes easy on I don't know, but whatever.

    There is definitely an argument about whether the pieces Boston has have more potential than those Indiana has, but I think the result of those pieces is more similar than the final standings may imply. After all, despite the differences we may have about how and why Paul's play was affected, we all pretty much agree that if Paul plays all season like he did the last few weeks we would very much have been in contention for an upper-tier Eastern Conference playoff spot and a lot better record.
    Boston certainly has more potential than the Pacers. Pacers have Turner. We'll see how this series goes but I hope PG took notice that the Ps gave the Cavs more of a run than the Raps and maybe Celtics. As it stands now, the Pacers are closer to the Cavs than the Celtics. Barring any major changes this off-season, could be the same next year. However, 2 years from now Boston will be much better.

    Celtics adding PG this off season makes them a finals contestant.

    For some sicken feeling, I think DRose and DWade will sign some stupid vet min contracts with the Cavs.

  8. #230

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One point I have to believe is at least under consideration by Paul and his advisers is that the only difference between Boston and the Pacers in the playoffs is that Boston got to play in two rounds before getting clobbered by the Cavs, while the Pacers hit the Cavs first round. Who is to say that Boston is somehow one player away from a championship while the Pacers have nothing whatsoever they can do to improve over this year enough to make any kind of leap. About the only way that argument works is to believe that the Cavs went easy on the Pacers - which why we're the only team in the league everyone goes easy on I don't know, but whatever.

    There is definitely an argument about whether the pieces Boston has have more potential than those Indiana has, but I think the result of those pieces is more similar than the final standings may imply. After all, despite the differences we may have about how and why Paul's play was affected, we all pretty much agree that if Paul plays all season like he did the last few weeks we would very much have been in contention for an upper-tier Eastern Conference playoff spot and a lot better record.
    Well, sure, but even if you say the Pacers with George are about equal to Boston without George, Boston with George is a whole lot better than either of those two. And that's really the main difference between those two franchises right now. Boston has more of everything to potentially improve their team: more cap space, more draft assets, and more young, talented players that are getting better. So while both teams could jump to the next level, Boston has a much better chance than the Pacers do of doing that.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post:


  10. #231
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,307

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One point I have to believe is at least under consideration by Paul and his advisers is that the only difference between Boston and the Pacers in the playoffs is that Boston got to play in two rounds before getting clobbered by the Cavs, while the Pacers hit the Cavs first round. Who is to say that Boston is somehow one player away from a championship while the Pacers have nothing whatsoever they can do to improve over this year enough to make any kind of leap. About the only way that argument works is to believe that the Cavs went easy on the Pacers - which why we're the only team in the league everyone goes easy on I don't know, but whatever.

    There is definitely an argument about whether the pieces Boston has have more potential than those Indiana has, but I think the result of those pieces is more similar than the final standings may imply. After all, despite the differences we may have about how and why Paul's play was affected, we all pretty much agree that if Paul plays all season like he did the last few weeks we would very much have been in contention for an upper-tier Eastern Conference playoff spot and a lot better record.
    It's a fair assessment. Is it REALLY the team, or is it more on Paul George's effort the reason why Indiana wasn't successful this season? If Paul George was the Paul George from the final months of the season and playoffs, then Indiana should have easily gotten more wins than did. It's a tough spot for the Indiana FO.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  11. #232
    Member jrwannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,775

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs231721 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, sure, but even if you say the Pacers with George are about equal to Boston without George, Boston with George is a whole lot better than either of those two. And that's really the main difference between those two franchises right now. Boston has more of everything to potentially improve their team: more cap space, more draft assets, and more young, talented players that are getting better. So while both teams could jump to the next level, Boston has a much better chance than the Pacers do of doing that.
    But is Boston really Boston without IT. So the question becomes, which would have been better, The Pacers with IT on it, or Boston with PG on it? With the rest of the roster being the same

  12. #233
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,806
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by jrwannabe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But is Boston really Boston without IT. So the question becomes, which would have been better, The Pacers with IT on it, or Boston with PG on it? With the rest of the roster being the same
    How about the Pacers with Brad Stevens?

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorgeHill For This Useful Post:


  14. #234
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,830

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by jrwannabe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    For some sicken feeling, I think DRose and DWade will sign some stupid vet min contracts with the Cavs.
    How much money would DWade give up to do that, 24 million? That is highly unlikely.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  15. #235
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    57
    Posts
    16,631

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs231721 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, sure, but even if you say the Pacers with George are about equal to Boston without George, Boston with George is a whole lot better than either of those two. And that's really the main difference between those two franchises right now. Boston has more of everything to potentially improve their team: more cap space, more draft assets, and more young, talented players that are getting better. So while both teams could jump to the next level, Boston has a much better chance than the Pacers do of doing that.
    Unless you are saying it is impossible for the Pacers to pair a player with the impact of IT with Paul, then this is just another way of saying Boston needs Paul as a piece but the Pacers only need a player who is not Paul as a piece. Both teams can improve - one requires Paul while the other is adding TO Paul.

    It's why I am thinking that we have got to let KP see what he can bring in alongside Paul before deciding it's time to tear down and rebuild for 3-5 years. I am influenced - as I have explained before - that I really don't by into this whole "we lost him for nothing!" angst because I don't believe that there is a no-brainer "something" to get. If Paul leaves, we get the choice of how to go about rebuilding with a crapload of cap space to get not just our own upper draft pick through being bad but also to take on those contracts that net us other teams' good picks as well (as some are arguing now). I am not so impatient as to think we need to start this a year early no matter what is on the table for Paul. The upside of KP putting something together that gives us a major improvement - which should lead us to being able to convince Paul to stay just as easily as Boston would be able to - is worth the wait for me.
    BillS

    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  17. #236
    Member jrwannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,775

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeHill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about the Pacers with Brad Stevens?

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Total dream. Plus that'd give the Pacer's the upperhand for Hayward

  18. #237
    Member PaceKid31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    46

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    https://twitter.com/yg_trece/status/865231304526184448

    Welp...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I think the people that may have questions about him will say wait a minute, why wasn't he more dominant at Fresno State? He's a maturing player, a guy that's figuring it out and you know when you're considering drafting guys that have been freshman and all that stuff. He's got the potential to get better and better and better." - Jay Bilas on PG on draft night.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceKid31 For This Useful Post:


  20. #238

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless you are saying it is impossible for the Pacers to pair a player with the impact of IT with Paul, then this is just another way of saying Boston needs Paul as a piece but the Pacers only need a player who is not Paul as a piece. Both teams can improve - one requires Paul while the other is adding TO Paul.

    It's why I am thinking that we have got to let KP see what he can bring in alongside Paul before deciding it's time to tear down and rebuild for 3-5 years. I am influenced - as I have explained before - that I really don't by into this whole "we lost him for nothing!" angst because I don't believe that there is a no-brainer "something" to get. If Paul leaves, we get the choice of how to go about rebuilding with a crapload of cap space to get not just our own upper draft pick through being bad but also to take on those contracts that net us other teams' good picks as well (as some are arguing now). I am not so impatient as to think we need to start this a year early no matter what is on the table for Paul. The upside of KP putting something together that gives us a major improvement - which should lead us to being able to convince Paul to stay just as easily as Boston would be able to - is worth the wait for me.
    Both teams can improve, but the Pacers path to significant improvement is much, much harder. They basically have to outscout the league and find a highly undervalued player to make that leap. Those players do exist and that does happen, but it's fairly rare. Boston can pay fair market value on either the free agent market or a trade to make their team significantly better.

    Whether the Pacers should trade PG knowing that is a different question. The Pacers may want to make that gamble knowing that Boston likely won't have max money in free agency next year and just hoping that PG chooses them over the Lakers. But to say that PG's camp should see that the Pacers and the Celtics are equally close to contention is just not right IMO. Boston has several roads to get there, while the Pacers road is very limited.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post:


  22. #239
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    57
    Posts
    16,631

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by PaceKid31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://twitter.com/yg_trece/status/865231304526184448

    Welp...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not there. What did it say that will blow up the speculation this time?
    BillS

    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

  23. #240
    Member PaceKid31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    46

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by PaceKid31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://twitter.com/yg_trece/status/865231304526184448

    Welp...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tweet got deleted.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I think the people that may have questions about him will say wait a minute, why wasn't he more dominant at Fresno State? He's a maturing player, a guy that's figuring it out and you know when you're considering drafting guys that have been freshman and all that stuff. He's got the potential to get better and better and better." - Jay Bilas on PG on draft night.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceKid31 For This Useful Post:


  25. #241
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    57
    Posts
    16,631

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by PaceKid31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tweet got deleted.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Accidental retweet of something he was reading? Or an indication Paul now wants to go to Boston and not LA?
    BillS

    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

  26. #242
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,307

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by PaceKid31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tweet got deleted.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't get it. He retweeted it or something?


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  27. #243

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by PaceKid31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tweet got deleted.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Damn PG

  28. #244
    Member PaceKid31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    46

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get it. He retweeted it or something?
    He replied to it, just simply drawing attention to the article. It wasn't a Retweet. The article was about Boston trading the No 1 for Paul, Butler, etc.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I think the people that may have questions about him will say wait a minute, why wasn't he more dominant at Fresno State? He's a maturing player, a guy that's figuring it out and you know when you're considering drafting guys that have been freshman and all that stuff. He's got the potential to get better and better and better." - Jay Bilas on PG on draft night.

  29. #245
    Member PaceKid31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    46

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Accidental retweet of something he was reading? Or an indication Paul now wants to go to Boston and not LA?
    Let the speculation begin. My guess is it's a play by his agent to draw the most attention to himself? Not really sure what to make of it aside from the fact that he's probably gone.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I think the people that may have questions about him will say wait a minute, why wasn't he more dominant at Fresno State? He's a maturing player, a guy that's figuring it out and you know when you're considering drafting guys that have been freshman and all that stuff. He's got the potential to get better and better and better." - Jay Bilas on PG on draft night.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaceKid31 For This Useful Post:


  31. #246

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    If PG will agree to sign with Boston, that is great news for the pacers. Gives us much needed leverage in trade negotiations. I think he re-signs with us if he makes all NBA tonight though.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to DieHard For This Useful Post:


  33. #247
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,307

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by PaceKid31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He replied to it, just simply drawing attention to the article. It wasn't a Retweet. The article was about Boston trading the No 1 for Paul, Butler, etc.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah! Well...I guess that's not a bad thing. Now, it opens up the speculation that he could be open to the possibility of being a Celtic. That puts pressure on LA to make a move now.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  34. #248
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,307

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If PG will agree to sign with Boston, that is great news for the pacers. Gives us much needed leverage in trade negotiations. I think he re-signs with us if he makes all NBA tonight though.
    As I much as I want him traded, I'm pretty confident he'll want to resign. However, I think there's rumblings that Indiana doesn't want to pay the DPE money....


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  35. #249
    #Biggie4NPOY Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,959

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    Musta been the same guy that hacked Zinger

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  36. #250
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    57
    Posts
    16,631

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Draft Lottery 2017

    He sent a blank reply and then deleted it. For anyone else, that would be "replied in error". For PG, it's a Sooper Seekrit Hint.

    'Fess up, you guys know where the Treasure of the Illuminati is buried underneath DC, don't ya'?
    BillS

    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •