Thread: Anybody Remember Brian Evans Playing at IU With a Shoulder Injury?

Default Anybody Remember Brian Evans Playing at IU With a Shoulder Injury?

This is a little off-topic...my apologies, but all of this focus on Jermaine and his shoulder has reminded me of when Brian Evans played with a separated shoulder for IU. I literally remember him snapping his shoulder back in place during the middle of the game. I don't know if this kid had an ubelievable tolerance for pain, or if he his ligaments became loose enough for it to pop in easily enough.

It sure as hell was painful to watch. Anybody else remember that?
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Anybody Remember Brian Evans Playing at IU With a Shoulder Injury?

Quote Originally Posted by brich
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a little off-topic...my apologies, but all of this focus on Jermaine and his shoulder has reminded me of when Brian Evans played with a separated shoulder for IU. I literally remember him snapping his shoulder back in place during the middle of the game. I don't know if this kid had an ubelievable tolerance for pain, or if he his ligaments became loose enough for it to pop in easily enough.

It sure as hell was painful to watch. Anybody else remember that?
    Absolutely. He had a huge shoulder brace on. And he still played great. Was that the season he led the Big Ten in scoring?

Funny how you forget stuff till someone brings it up. Yeah, I remember that now. Brian was the man. Yeah, he just toughed it out and you almost forgot about it till you looked at that big, old brace. I just checked. He's playing in Europe. I think for an Italian team. Got waived by the Woves in 99.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I remember that very well. Evans impressed the hell out of me.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, I remember it... he got fouled hard driving the lane and popped it back to shoot the free throws... knocked them down too. Mucho sack.

Too bad he had a rough time in the NBA

Yeah, it is probably unfair of me to do this - because I have no idea how bad Jermaine's injury is compared to Brian's - but I always remember how tough this kid was. When I first heard about Jermaine's injury, I immediately thought of Evan's. I figured if this kid could tough it out, then so could Jermaine. To be fair to Jermaine, he certainly has been a trooper. He is just having a tough time getting the ball in the basket.

As another sidenote, I used to live in Detroit. I remember when Evan's had his breakout game against Michigan, and I think he was a freshman. I remember Mitch Albom writing about it in the Detroit Free Press. He was still in shock that Brian had helped IU put Michigan away. He described him as "...having the body of a shoe salesman," yet he was still able to light them up.

I need to cling to positive memories from the past to take my thoughts off of this loss.
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

Funny timing of this thread. Evans was at Game 3 on Friday night. Was over at The Pub afterwards.