Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, what can I say..we just wanted it more tonight.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Well, what can I say..we just wanted it more tonight.

Total role reversal from games 2 and 3. The Pistons were the aggressors. All five Pistons were crashing the glass.

I also didn't see the same hustle from Indiana tonight. They were a step slow to pretty much everything. Maybe thats because foster's minutes seemed limited. We didn't shoot much better from the field, but the difference was, we kept giving ourselves 2nd and 3rd chances to score. With Indiana, it was often one shot and out.

Rasheed. Say what you will about the guy, but he's a villian that delivers. 17, 12 and 5, and played awesome defense.

I'm well aware that the Pacers won game 5 at boston, so thats why I'm not really any more confident after this game than I was after game 3. Game 5 is WAY more crucial now.

Carlos Arroyo. I've been crazy about the guy ever since we traded for him. He ran the offense smoothly, and played solid D on Tinsley. Speaking of Tinsley, he had a very bad night tonight. He threw too many risky passes, and he got flat-out beaten up by Chauncey Billups at the other end.

Lastly, I was really surprised at the three-chucking of Indiana. Thats not how they took games 2 and 3. They don't have a great 3-point shooting team, aside from reggie Miller. On most nights, I'll take my chances with forcing Fred Jones and Stephen Jackson beating me from the perimeter, rather than the paint. Same goes for JO and his 15-footer. That shot was falling earlier, but not over the last 2 games. He has to attack more.

Well, I'm glad I didn't have to supress vomiting making a postgame thread, for once. I hope things carry over to game 5.

Again, with all the throwing of arms over good calls and bad calls, can anyone here really say that the team that deserved to win each game in this series didn't wind up winning?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo

Default Re: Well, what can I say..we just wanted it more tonight.

It would have been nice if any of the big 3 on our end could have shot the ball well.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Word.

I knew when I saw us settling for jumpers in Q1 we were going to play lazy the whole game...and did.

On to game 5.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

this is exactly what i'm talking about...who cares about what the pistons did???this is the pacers forum!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHotShot31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this is exactly what i'm talking about...who cares about what the pistons did???this is the pacers forum!!!
    For real if I wanted to know what the Pistons did good I would go to the damn Pistons forum.

Mood

I'll read Kstats posts any day of the week thank you.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I consider this my home as much as anyone else here.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

PacerNation

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Total role reversal from games 2 and 3. The Pistons were the aggressors. All five Pistons were crashing the glass...

Rasheed. Say what you will about the guy, but he's a villian that delivers. 17, 12 and 5, and played awesome defense...

Again, with all the throwing of arms over good calls and bad calls, can anyoen here really say that the team that deserved to win each game in this series didn't wind up winning?

I agree, Rasheed made up for his promises last year; he did actually deliver tonight. The team with the most intensity has one each game.

Mood

I gotcher back there Kstat.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    I gotcher back there Kstat.
    Thanks, it really doesn't bother me as much as you'd think, though.

I'm not naive enough to think I'm going to be universally accepted.

guys this is the playoffs damn it,

guys this is the playoffs damn it,
    So? Good thoughts on basketball are always worth hearing, no matter who it comes from.

kstat can post anything he wants.

But I'll disagree a little with ya - I thought the Pacers wanted it enough - but they executed horribly. Part of that was Detroit - you guys upped the ante and looked like the team you were last year. I was real interested to see how you'd respond when the Pacers got it close - and you answered.

And the Pacers didn't - they really played stupid. The TO's at that point must've driven Carlisle crazy. When it got to 62-50 the game was essentially over. But I didn't think it was an effort thing - I thought you were more disciplined in your offense than Indy and rotated better on D but it was mostly an execution win, not an effort win.

Indy not hitting shots didn't help but your D had a lot to do with that (and their love with the 3-ball).

Good W - and if you keep your effort at that level I definitely give you the edge - though I still wouldn't predict a washout.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

KStat touched on it, but the simple fact is the team that's gotten the loose balls in this series has won every game.

I didnt mean to offend anyone, im just fustrated over this loss

listening to Carlisle, he realizes he made a mistake by letting all thsoe threes go up, too.

Mood

I didnt mean to offend anyone, im just fustrated over this loss

Oh I am too, believe me. Kstat is a good poster. But I can understand frustration. I got real frustrated with all the lazy jumpers in the first Q rather than taking it to the rim.

Total role reversal from games 2 and 3. The Pistons were the aggressors. All five Pistons were crashing the glass.

I also didn't see the same hustle from Indiana tonight. They were a step slow to pretty much everything. Maybe thats because foster's minutes seemed limited. We didn't shoot much better from the field, but the difference was, we kept giving ourselves 2nd and 3rd chances to score. With Indiana, it was often one shot and out.

Rasheed. Say what you will about the guy, but he's a villian that delivers. 17, 12 and 5, and played awesome defense.

I'm well aware that the Pacers won game 5 at boston, so thats why I'm not really any more confident after this game than I was after game 3. Game 5 is WAY more crucial now.

Carlos Arroyo. I've been crazy about the guy ever since we traded for him. He ran the offense smoothly, and played solid D on Tinsley. Speaking of Tinsley, he had a very bad night tonight. He threw too many risky passes, and he got flat-out beaten up by Chauncey Billups at the other end.

Lastly, I was really surprised at the three-chucking of Indiana. Thats not how they took games 2 and 3. They don't have a great 3-point shooting team, aside from reggie Miller. On most nights, I'll take my chances with forcing Fred Jones and Stephen Jackson beating me from the perimeter, rather than the paint. Same goes for JO and his 15-footer. That shot was falling earlier, but not over the last 2 games. He has to attack more.

Well, I'm glad I didn't have to supress vomiting making a postgame thread, for once. I hope things carry over to game 5.

Again, with all the throwing of arms over good calls and bad calls, can anyone here really say that the team that deserved to win each game in this series didn't wind up winning?
    Kstat, as usual, we appreciate the view from the other side, despite some sour puss griping from some.

Yeah, I think you summed it up. The Pistons wanted it more. Way more. I knew it when we kept jacking up threes and jumpers and your guards, of all people, kept taking it to the paint.

I gotta say, I truly and deeply hate Rasheed. Really. I loathe him. To have his statement come true crushed me more than anything. I think we looked like punkass beyothches by allowing you guys to let him bolster the Piston's confidence like that.

I don't see a huge advantage in game 5 for you guys, though. It seemed you guys were hitting as many shots wild shots unchracteristically as we we missing easy ones. I figure the cosmic balance of things will start to kick in next game.

BUt you guy's defintely have the edge. Mental toughness and forcing momentum is everything.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Well, look at it this way - Pacers are still undefeated in Prime Number Games! And you have 2 more of those this series.

The problem that I have with Kstat is this - playing Detroit reminds me every second of the game of what happened with Artest.

What he said to me - directly - still stiks with me. And I will quote, verbatim (that means word for word for you Pistons fans)

"Nothing that happens in November is going to hurt a team's chances for a championship."

Oh really?!? We were the better team with Artest - we just were. And the irony of the whole mishap is that we were probably the only team that could take Detroit - but we had to have a full team.

But I forgot - you guys were punished to - Ben missed six whole games! How did you ever recover?
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

ebroemel

Why would Carlisle be not happy with wide open threes, one after another? - Especially from Reggie!!
    Had they hit 6 or 7 more of them, we would be talking about another result.

The threes that we missed in the first quarter hurt the most as moral killers though. If I remember right, reggie missed 3 consecutive shots in a row. All wide open with enough time for the crowd to rise to their feet and then go back to their seats.

The Pistons played a very disciplined game, but the pacers missed many, many great opportunities.

question, doug. If you hate me so much, why do you insist on responding to everything I say?

This is my postgame thread for game 4. There are plenty of 11/19 threads elsewhere. If I ever want to comment on it, again, I'll go post in one of them. But don't hold your breath.

question, doug. If you hate me so much, why do you insist on responding to everything I say?

there are plenty of 11/19 threads elsewhere. If I want to comment on it, I'll go post in one of them.
    Whoa!!!

WHOA!!

I'm going to call you out right now, Kstat.

Nowhere did he says he hated you. He said he had a problem with something you said. Huge diff. Don't turn this into something it's not. What he said is right up there in black and white. No possibility of misinterpretation.

Don't drop the level in here based upon some weird perception or re-interpretation of what's right in front of you.

Come on. You're better than that.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    Kstat, as usual, we appreciate the view from the other side, despite some sour puss griping from some.

Yeah, I think you summed it up. The Pistons wanted it more. Way more. I knew it when we kept jacking up threes and jumpers and your guards, of all people, kept taking it to the paint.

I gotta say, I truly and deeply hate Rasheed. Really. I loathe him. To have his statement come true crushed me more than anything. I think we looked like punkass beyothches by allowing you guys to let him bolster the Piston's confidence like that.

I don't see a huge advantage in game 5 for you guys, though. It seemed you guys were hitting as many shots wild shots unchracteristically as we we missing easy ones. I figure the cosmic balance of things will start to kick in next game.

BUt you guy's defintely have the edge. Mental toughness and forcing momentum is everything.

No truer words have ever been spoken. I even hated him as a Blazer playing against the Lakers...and it takes a lot to make me hate an opponent of the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    Whoa!!!

WHOA!!

I'm going to call you out right now, Kstat.

Nowhere did he says he hated you. He said he had a problem with something you said. Huge diff. Don't turn this into something it's not. What he said is right up there in black and white. No possibility of misinterpretation.

Don't drop the level in here based upon some weird perception or re-interpretation of what's right in front of you.

Come on. You're better than that.
    Well, Doug's not - if every time kstat makes a post he decides he's gonna pull up something he said months ago then I don't see much room for interpretation.

That's infantile on his part. I'd bet there isn't a poster on this forum I couldn't pull a quote up from and throw at them six months down the road. It has no value in a post-game discussion.

If something kstat said bothered him that much Doug should have sent him a PM. Instead he behaved like a 12-year-old by throwing a comment totally unrelated to the topic into this thread.