Thread: I knew Friday that

Default I knew Friday that

there wouldn't be an over abundant crowd of Piston fans in attendance. Since it was still a weekday & the game was early I'm sure that most of them saved their money & will be attending today's game.

Does anybody expect that there will be any trouble today with any of them?

I have a sad feeling that today's game could be ugly & the crowd could be even more ugly.

I'm really worried about the seats in front of & behind me because they are scalper seats.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Default Re: I knew Friday that

I hope not....I'm actually going to the game, and I don't want to be around crappy Detroit fans.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

woman without a team

I hadn't given it much thought. I suppose I assumed the low number of Detroit fans was becasue of the Ticketmaster policy. Thanks for bursting my bubble.

I remember last year, Game 5, walking to conseco after lunch with my mom.. there was a huge crowd of Piston fans outside some bar there harrassing every Pacer fan that walked by. Anyone with a Jersey on it was "JO sucks!" or whoever was on that jersey.

They were all, about 40 of the bastids, real drunk and rowdy (in the early afternoon). Of course nothing happened cause most hoosiers are so laid back. I would bet 5 dollars that some of those same pistons fans were the ones dumpin beer all over our boys in Nov.

it's payback time

I'm very concerned something will happen. If Detroit fans turn out like they did last year, I don't see people turning the other cheek like they did then.

There needs to be more security in the balcony. I don't think my old-maid usher can do much of anything.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Yeah that's a real problem. Security up in the decks & even in the club level is really worrisome.

My Usher, who is a nice guy & always says "hi" to me, is probably (& I'm not kidding here) 75-80 years old. There are some plane cloths guys in out in the halls, but there are no uniformed officers at all that I've ever seen.

I felt much more comfortable in the lower decks than I do now.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

sweabs

I'm worried because it's a Sunday afternoon game. Anyone remember our record on Sunday afternoons last year? Maybe it wasn't that bad after all, but it just seems like our guys are always real lacksadaisacal out there in these situations.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There will be a LARGE crowd of Piston fans at today's game, from what I hear..... any piston fan planing to see a game in Indy got tickets to game 4.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Lets just hope everything goes ok between fans. With the majority of law enforcement dedicated to the track today things could get real ugly around the fieldhouse.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    any piston fan planing to see a game in Indy got tickets to game 4.
    Yikes!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Why do they have to come en masse looking to cause trouble? You know that's why something's going to happen, if anything does. When you have a large group from the other city come into an emotional game, and when they have the (self-inflicted) reputation of being loud, obnoxious, and drunk, you're begging for trouble. Can't the people from Detroit with good sense do something to keep these losers out? If not them, then somebody else?

If something happens today, I think something has to give; to change this so it doesn't happen again. God help me but I want to use the term common sense. Common sense should come into play in that no one cares if you want to root for the other team and/or see them play on the road. But no one wants you if you're hear to get drunk and be an ******* in the name of your team. I wish there was a way we could collectively, the decent people from both states, find a way to keep the ******** at bay.

You know that's why something's going to happen, if anything does. When you have a large group from the other city come into an emotional game, and when they have the (self-inflicted) reputation of being loud, obnoxious, and drunk, you're begging for trouble. Can't the people from Detroit with good sense do something to keep these losers out? If not them, then somebody else?
    Hicks, that's offensive.

Just because most of us agreed on Sunday doesn't mean we did so to start trouble. A) Its a weekend afternoon, and B) Its much more fun traveling in groups. I realized that back in January, when section 222 was %65 Piston fans. We didn't get out of line in any way (unless you count "Deeetroit baaasketball" as being out of line, in which case we have to agree to disagree), but it was fun cheering together.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

224 better not have Piston fans....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Hicks, that's offensive.
    I could sneeze and you would be offended.

Just because most of us agreed on Sunday doesn't mean we did so to start trouble. A) Its a weekend afternoon, and B) Its much more fun traveling in groups. I realized that back in January, when section 222 was %65 Piston fans. We didn't get out of line in any way, but it was fun cheering together.
    Did I say you? No. I said the ******** that look to get drunk and make asses of themselves in the name of their team. If that does not apply to you, then I'm not talking about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I could sneeze and you would be offended.
    Yes, because between the two of us, I'm easily the more easily offended one.......

Did I say you? No. I said the ******** that look to get drunk and make asses of themselves in the name of their team. If that does not apply to you, then I'm not talking about you
    No, Hicks. You didn't even qualify the statement. You just basically just assumed that Piston fans only travel in groups to cause trouble.

In all honesty, it is pretty cool for a team to have a large constituent travel to the opposing team's arena...

It would be nice if Indy could do the same thing.

That said, there were quite a few rude Detroit fans at last year's game 5. So much so that my own mother will never attend a Pacers-Pistons game again!!!

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by ILovethePacers
    In all honesty, it is pretty cool for a team to have a large constituent travel to the opposing team's arena...

It would be nice if Indy could do the same thing.

That said, there were quite a few rude Detroit fans at last year's game 5. So much so that my own mother will never attend a Pacers-Pistons game again!!!
    Been there done that when we played Atlanta in the playoffs years ago. Of course that was an organized event rather than just some friends getting together to drive down.

The pistons obviously (with a few exceptions) have the worst fans in all pro sports from any continent that doesn't rhyme with syrup.

Hicks is absolutely right and I saw the same crap last year with those a-holes. They are totally unruly just lookin for a riot, and seem to have that wild pack of dogs mentality.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

South America..."syrup" .... no, that's not it.

Asia ...

Africa...

Oh. I got it.

Yes, because between the two of us, I'm easily the more easily offended one.......
    That's such a pot calling the kettle black statement, it deserves no more words.

No, Hicks. You didn't even qualify the statement. You just basically just assumed that Piston fans only travel in groups to cause trouble.
    You assumed I meant all of them. Once again you assume you're the victim. Chill out. You (by now) know exactly the type of people I'm talking about.