View Poll Results: Has the Pacers' Game 3 win changed your mind about the series outcome?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I still think the Pistons will ultimately win the series

6 17.65%
  • No, I already think the Pacers will ultimately win the series

9 26.47%
  • Yes, now I have hope the Pacers will win the series

13 38.24%
  • I'm too nervous about Game 4 to know what I think!

6 17.65%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 05/15/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 4 (2nd Round)

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Exclamation 05/15/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 4 (2nd Round)

SEIZE THE DAY!!!

-VS-

Game Time Start: 3:30 PM EST (2:30 PM Indiana Local Time) [corrected]

PROJECTED STARTERS:
    PACERS__________PISTONS
    CENTER
    -VS-
    _Davis_______Wallace
    POWER FORWARD
    -VS-
    _O'Neal_________Wallace
    SMALL FORWARD
    -VS-
    _Jackson_______Prince
    SHOOTING GUARD
    -VS-
    _Miller________Hamilton
    POINT GUARD
    -VS-
    _Tinsley_______Billups

PLAYOFF SERIES STANDINGS:
    :thepacers 2
    :thepiston 1
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: 05/15/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 4 (2nd Round)

Wow! This is early .

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Default Re: 05/15/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 4 (2nd Round)

I'm starting the game thread hours early because I'm probably not gonna be at my PC at game time - but so far that's resulted in wins so here's hoping the streak continues!!!

Your horse is dead, get off it already...

I'm gonna stay away from my PC too. I have a strong urge to go but the prices through the brokers are too much - just don't feel like paying it so I'll stick with TV for this one.

Besides, it's a non-Prime# Game. Plus I want to be able to go to a game in the next ser .... uh, to a game some other time - maybe the Fever.

(Phew - that was close!)
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You know how I feel.

The Pistons are a better team than the Pacers. But not by much. The Pistons don't realize the dire circumstances they're under, and won't come out with the sense of urgency that is necessary to beat the Pacers.

Pistons have a better chance of coming back and winning this series from a 3-1 deficit than they do of winning this game.

Pacers win.

WEST

I gotta take a shower and get ready to make the trip to Indy. I'm in sec. 220 row. 7 seat 7. Say hey if ya see me. Be loud! Be Proud! and NO Detroit Sucks chant until after we win the game. I do think a BEAT DETROIT chant at tipoff would be cool.

Personally, I think an "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT" chant the first time Larry Brown talks to a ref would be nice - but pretty close to impossible.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll be in section 216 Row 9. I don't even know what seats they are but Ill be wearing my white Reggie jersey. Pop by and say hello!

Doesn't it start at 3:30? Not 3?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tipoff is scheduled for 2:30 Indiana time.

I couldn't fall asleep last night, I'm so excited/anxious/nervous about today's game.

GET ANOTHER WIN!

Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

two keys: limit turnovers, and get Rip the ball as many times as possible. Do that, and we're ok....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Vegas:

Pacers 5 point dogs at home...

Pretty big line, most of the betting world is feeling a Pacers letdown.

We need tons of energy today, hopefully the crowd drinks some coffee and stays in it after the Pistons make an early run. Gotta believe they'll come out strong.

lets go Pace

I think the key to this game is gonna be to keep Tinsley out of foul trouble and when he gets in foul trouble they're gonna need the 3 main scorers (JO, SJ, Reggie) each to have very efficient games, shooting over 40% at least.. and everyone else hittin timely jumpers.

Default We WILL win this game, no doubt about it

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

sweabs

I have a feeling JO is going to have a bad game. He might try and do too much, with Bird saying "you owe me one", and with his talk towards Ben, he might just get owned on the offensive end. Not to mention, Sheed is likely pumped to hurt him on the defensive end as well.

I don't have a great feeling about this one today. And of course, it being a Sunday afternoon game makes things worse......

Dale Davis will get the game ball after this one.... I have faith Dale will deliver us to 3-1 land.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a feeling JO is going to have a bad game. He might try and do too much, with Bird saying "you owe me one", and with his talk towards Ben, he might just get owned on the offensive end. Not to mention, Sheed is likely pumped to hurt him on the defensive end as well.

I don't have a great feeling about this one today. And of course, it being a Sunday afternoon game makes things worse......
    Ya the Pacers do seem notoriously bad in afternoon games...

anyone got a playoff afternoon game record? I bet they are like 1-10

sweabs

I wonder if we are going to see more of Arroyo? Brown is likely to throw something out there to mix things up, and Arroyo could do that...he's arguably their best passer and hasn't played much thus far.

**** Bill Walton, this dude just said that Jermaine cant start over Ben and Rasheed if he was on the Pistons, get of their nuts.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cool, Lenny Elmore is the color commentator for today's game.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

GO PACERS

LET'S GO PACERS!!!!

Breen is enjoyable too - he has called some great Reggie moments
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

1 key: beat the Pistons.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

3ptmiller

WE GONA WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!