Thread: Make it so! - from a Kings fan

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Make it so! - from a Kings fan

Okay, I watched the Heat make the Wizards go poof and I was glad.

Now, dear Pacer fans, I am hoping that your team will make the Pistons rust and fall by the wayside. I want to see them run over and demolished. And that's not all I want.

As a Kings fan, I have had to watch my beloved team suffer indignities this year, but nothing like what your team has experienced. It is my humble yet heartfelt opinion that it is YOUR turn - your destiny is to keep the trophy in the East, just not in Detroit.

I have secured a temporary seat on your bandwagon and am cheering loudly for Reggie to go out with the one last big prize.

Do it not only for Pacer fans but for NBA fans!

Good luck!

Slap them silly tomorrow (you do play tomorrow, right?) and then send them whimpering into the night.

Thank you...

Default Re: Make it so! - from a Kings fan

Thanks, Everyone on here wants a ring too. Its been some kind of rollercoaster.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Nice comments VF21!
    Proud owner of 'Dutch Pacers'

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thanks VF, I have to admit, I was rooting for the Kings against Seattle. Webber-less Kings are a lot more attractive to me.

Proves that everyone outside of Piston fans is rooting for the Pacers. The Pistons have become the "black eye" franchise of the NBA because of what happened in November, and the Pacers have become the darlings of the NBA world.

It was so much more fun last year when everyone was rooting for you, and Pistons were lauded for playing "the right way". How much things change in a year. Reminds me of the Fab Five.

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Proves that everyone outside of Piston fans is rooting for the Pacers. The Pistons have become the "black eye" franchise of the NBA because of what happened in November, and the Pacers have become the darlings of the NBA world.

It was so much more fun last year when everyone was rooting for you, and Pistons were lauded for playing "the right way". How much things change in a year. Reminds me of the Fab Five.
    I'm gonna start calling you IndyToad.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Proves that everyone outside of Piston fans is rooting for the Pacers. The Pistons have become the "black eye" franchise of the NBA because of what happened in November
    Oh give it a rest.

sweabs

I do agree with shags comment about people, outside of Pistons fans, are rooting for the Pacers.

That seems to be my experience thus far, at least. However, I think a lot of it has to do with this being Reggie's last year, and everything the Pacers have overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    I do agree with shags comment about people, outside of Pistons fans, are rooting for the Pacers.

That seems to be my experience thus far, at least. However, I think a lot of it has to do with this being Reggie's last year, and everything the Pacers have overcome.
    Just like Wilt Chamberlain said, "Nobody roots for Goliath."

It was so much more fun being David last season.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know about everyone else. I have ties to Indiana - my dad was born and raised just outside of Lynn.

It's not about the Pistons for me in any way, shape or form. Quite frankly, I couldn't possibly care less about the Pistons. If I did I would have tried to find a Pistons board...

Good luck, Pacers!!! GO REGGIE! GO JERMAINE! GO JEFF! And, for old-times sake, GO SCOT!!!

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VF21
    And, for old-times sake, GO SCOT!!!

We've made it to this point too. Even though it took a season to see the light.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird