Thread: What do you think about Slick's hope for a reinstated rule?

Default What do you think about Slick's hope for a reinstated rule?

He said he wished they would go back to the days where only the team captain could talk to the officials. If anybody else talked to the officials, then it was considered a technical.

Personally, I think this would be a great thing. And yes, I mean this as much for my own team as others. It gets old seeing players whine up and down the court. However, they do need the opportunity to make their case.

I thought Dale did a good level headed job of trying to talk to the referees showing them how he was trying to maintain good defensive position.

Default Re: What do you think about Slick's hope for a reinstated rule?

So, what, next year JO and Ron would be the only one's who could talk to refs? What if neither's in the game?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, what, next year JO and Ron would be the only one's who could talk to refs? What if neither's in the game?
    Then it would be my understanding that the captain could approach the ref from the bench or at the next dead ball. It isn't like the official will change their mind anyway, so when it is covered is probably moot.

Interesting; I like it.

Sounds good to me!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

If JO is named captain, then he would be allowed to talk to the refs? I think he talks to them too much as it is.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Even if the NBA doesn't implement it, I think the Pacers should. Being the only point of contact would force JO to grow up and attempt to communicate to the refs in a more positive way. It would also force Jax and others to ignore the refs and focus solely on the game.

What do people think about the fact that it could be easier for a guard to talk to the refs, as opposed to big guys since they are usually in rebounding for fts at the stop of play.

This rule would be good if your captain wasn't the biggest duck in the pond as far as problems whining to the refs is concerned.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

I don't like this idea. Our guys shouldn't need some strange rule to make them stop acting like jerks towards the refs.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well I remember when it WAS the rule and it wseem to work ok then. But then the players weren't such a bunch of pampered whinners anyway, they played the game and took the calls.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Man, I love that idea. Even if the league doesn't do it, I think the Ref's union ought to just get together and say, anyone that whines gets a T, every time. Even if Shaq is out 2 minutes into the game in game 7 of the finals.

WEST

I like it. But Reggie prolly the only person on our team I like as captin. and thats not gonna help us next year. Unless. . .

woman without a team

In theory it's a good idea, but in practice it's only going to make the ref more irritated with the captain and therefore the captain is going to end up getting more fouls which will tick off the captain which will lead him to saying the wrong thing to the ref which will lead to a tech which will **** everybody off and then the coach will get a tech as he's taking the captain out of the game which will lead to both the coach and the captain giving the ref the evil eye which will cause the ref to throw both the coach and the captain out of the game.

The above is just the first post of my campaign to be nominated for the longest run-on sentence on PD