Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Pritchard ready to use aggressive approach on Indiana Pacers' revamp

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kevin Pritchard ready to use aggressive approach on Indiana Pacers' revamp

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People don't want what he is, they want what he represents. This is more about the archetype of Hans vs. his output.

I at least see the value in that style of player as a strategic differentiator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I get that. I just wish we would think bigger. We already have several options at backup 4, we need a starter.

I liked that about his game as well. I just want someone with more athleticism.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Pritchard ready to use aggressive approach on Indiana Pacers' revamp

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    I get that. I just wish we would think bigger. We already have several options at backup 4, we need a starter.

I liked that about his game as well. I just want someone with more athleticism.
    I don't think you can take it too seriously. Just enjoy the chatter.
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

Default Kevin Pritchard ready to use aggressive approach on Indiana Pacers' revamp

If I am Paul, I'm signing a 2 year extension, just like Lebron does. That way I can see the Pacers really go after allstar talent like Hayward or a Milsap. That also ensures that he doesnt get traded to gutted Lakers team. If indeed he wants to go there in a couple of seasons.

If you are Paul you just seen a vastly superior Raptors team get swept and none of the games were even competitive. The Pacers have essentially been the only team to give Lebron a real challenge year over year when they have met. Paul needs to be recruiting help at this point.

Pacers need to do everything possible to clear cap room for Hayward. Then get a glass eater along with some shooters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    That's like saying I want my ex girlfriend to live with me and my new girlfriend because while my new girlfriend is all-around awesome in ways my old girlfriend wasn't... my old girlfriend makes the best blueberry pie whereas my new girlfriend isn't very kitchen-capable. So for that one reason, we need to create this awkward and sure to be explosive, living situation.
    This is really why we are all here.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    If I am Paul, I'm signing a 2 year extension, just like Lebron does. That way I can see the Pacers really go after allstar talent like Hayward or a Milsap. That also ensures that he doesnt get traded to gutted Lakers team. If indeed he wants to go there in a couple of seasons.

If you are Paul you just seen a vastly superior Raptors team get swept and none of the games were even competitive. The Pacers have essentially been the only team to give Lebron a real challenge year over year when they have met. Paul needs to be recruiting help at this point.

Pacers need to do everything possible to clear cap room for Hayward. Then get a glass eater along with some shooters

This is such a big thing, and it really doesn't get talked about much. Every season we hear about LeBron's buddies that he wants on his team, and it seems like every one of them ends up there. The Heat had the most famous case of stars recruiting each other. Golden State had a full-team presentation for Durant where the stars all told KD how they'd fit him into their offense.

Yet we NEVER really hear about PG being in meetings, or texting and tweeting other players to recruit them. Maybe it's not PG's personality, but he does seem real buddy-buddy with basically every star around the league. Maybe it was Bird's policy that he was the only one to talk to free agents (a possibility I view as very likely). But when you look around the league and see superstars recruiting other superstars, you better be getting that from the star on your roster if you want to have a chance. PG better be making some phone calls and sitting in some meetings (assuming KP allows it), or his criticism of the front office rings a little hollow to me, when you know other franchise players are doing their part.
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I can't even begin to describe to you guys how much I enjoy this post.
    Lol...the post completely made me forget about basketball and reflect on life in general .

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    This is such a big thing, and it really doesn't get talked about much. Every season we hear about LeBron's buddies that he wants on his team, and it seems like every one of them ends up there. The Heat had the most famous case of stars recruiting each other. Golden State had a full-team presentation for Durant where the stars all told KD how they'd fit him into their offense.

Yet we NEVER really hear about PG being in meetings, or texting and tweeting other players to recruit them. Maybe it's not PG's personality, but he does seem real buddy-buddy with basically every star around the league. Maybe it was Bird's policy that he was the only one to talk to free agents (a possibility I view as very likely). But when you look around the league and see superstars recruiting other superstars, you better be getting that from the star on your roster if you want to have a chance. PG better be making some phone calls and sitting in some meetings (assuming KP allows it), or his criticism of the front office rings a little hollow to me, when you know other franchise players are doing their part.
    The first time I ever heard of PG talk about recruiting was last year after losing to Toronto in Game 7 at the podium. He said him and Monta were planning on recruiting. Doubt that happened.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    The first time I ever heard of PG talk about recruiting was last year after losing to Toronto in Game 7 at the podium. He said him and Monta were planning on recruiting. Doubt that happened.
    Maybe that's how we got AlJeff? Monta wanted someone else in the over-the-hill club.
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    That's like saying I want my ex girlfriend to live with me and my new girlfriend because while my new girlfriend is all-around awesome in ways my old girlfriend wasn't... my old girlfriend makes the best blueberry pie whereas my new girlfriend isn't very kitchen-capable. So for that one reason, we need to create this awkward and sure to be explosive, living situation.
    I see nothing wrong with that. It's all about the pie - right ??

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post

Excellent points. That makes complete sense to me and I would be thrilled if that happened. Also if I am Pritchard I would probably try to sell doing a two year deal (if PG isn't willing to do a 5 year extension) by saying, I am now in charge and give me two seasons to get this thing right. Who knows what PG is really thinking, but I could see PG wanting a two year deal. Pacers will always extend the full 5 year max deal. plus he will be in the league 10 years then and be qualified for a supermax deal after making one of the all NBA teams. Which is doesn't appear to be happening this season

Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    I heard Myles has already packed on 15 lbs of muscle and has dramatically improved his ability to box out working with tim duncan in the offseason
    I would take that with a grain of salt. Adding 15 lbs of muscle in a couple of months is near impossible unless you take something illegal in which case I guess he could be doing that since I doubt the NBA test in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    I would take that with a grain of salt. Adding 15 lbs of muscle in a couple of months is near impossible unless you take something illegal in which case I guess he could be doing that since I doubt the NBA test in the off season.
    You do realize he was being tongue in cheek referring to Roy's off season workouts right?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    You do realize he was being tongue in cheek referring to Roy's off season workouts right?
    I don't think so...I heard that Myles said he was going to dominant...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    No. No I didn't.

I honestly thought since Myles played at Texas that he would probably go down there in the off season.

Yeah, I remember him talking about that. My guess is that talking about it is all he did.

As to the part about him being friends with so many players, I get the feeling (nothing to back it up, just a feeling) that he wants to be a part of the "in crowd" more than he actually is a part of that crowd.
    Last edited by Tom White; 05-10-2017 at 03:07 PM.

I think the main issue with the team is obvious. To revamp it you have to have money or assets and the Pacers are limited in both categories. It makes sense to add Hayward who has 2 daughters the youngest is almost a year old which I can vouch is a rough time as a parent so I guess the selling point in moving back would be family. I am not sure though if his wife parents are in Indy or not but you have to figure that would be the primary selling point in signing him.

As for Teague I am not sure if the Pacers have enough money to sign him and Hayward which would be the best approach to retain talent and add filler pieces via the draft or by using the exceptions. The biggest issue to a complete team is the PF position. IF you add a bruiser there then you need to somehow flip Thad into that player via a trade or draft him which is probably not going to solve the issue this year.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Or maybe it did, but nobody took Monta freakin' Ellis seriously...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDavisBrothers For This Useful Post:

https://youtu.be/d7VnH-XcC2c

3:30 mark

doesn't sound like a guy who's sticking around. he's gone imo

Sports Logo

Can someone tell me what the salary cap situation is in order to even consider offering a MAX Contract to Hayward?

What's his starting MAX Salary going to be? Is it $25 mil a year?

Like anything.....it's technically possible to offer him a MAX Contract ( just like it's technically possible to trade for Lebron ), but I think that it's more of a dream than anything. I assume we have to dump Monta and AlJeff while getting back NO Salary.....which is easier said than done. Keep in mind....we have to be at least $25+ mil BELOW the salary cap before we can even consider offering him a MAX contract. At most, I can see someone taking one of AlJeff or Monta while dangling our 1st round pick.....but not both. We're talking about taking on $23+ mil in Salary for a late teens 1st round pick.....which isn't worth taking on IMHO.

I think that some of you are going to have to come back down to reality when it comes to having the ability to even make an offer to him in the first place.
    Last edited by CableKC; 05-10-2017 at 01:35 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Can someone tell me what the salary cap situation is in order to even consider offering a MAX Contract to Hayward?

Like anything.....it's technically possible to offer him a MAX Contract ( just like it's technically possible to trade for Lebron ), but I think that it's more of a dream than anything. I assume we have to dump Monta and AlJeff while getting back NO Salary.....which is easier said than done. Keep in mind....we have to be at least $25+ mil BELOW the salary cap before we can even consider offering him a MAX contract. At most, I can see someone taking one of AlJeff or Monta while dangling our 1st round pick.....but not both. We're talking about taking on $23+ mil in Salary for a late teens 1st round pick.....which isn't worth taking on IMHO.

I think that some of you are going to have to come back down to reality when it comes to having the ability to even make an offer to him in the first place.
    30%, I think. So make it $31-ish. Doable, IMO. Take some shuffling and cap management, but doable.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

We only need to get rid of one of Al/Monta.... We have what, 18 million or so in cap space? getting rid of Monta would give us 29, Al 28.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    We only need to get rid of one of Al/Monta.... We have what, 18 million or so in cap space? getting rid of Monta would give us 29, Al 28.
    A couple of ways to do it. Release Teague cap hold. Trade Thad for a later first round pick. Trade our first and our AL or Monta for cap relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    https://youtu.be/d7VnH-XcC2c

3:30 mark

doesn't sound like a guy who's sticking around. he's gone imo
    Not sure where you got that idea from that video. Vivid imagination? Who knows what he is going to do.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post

We have absolutely no idea what PG does recruiting wise. Just because ESPN doesn't report on it, doesn't mean its not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    Yeah, I remember him talking about that. My guess is that talking about it is all he did.

As to the part about him being friends with so many players, I get the feeling (nothing to back it up, just a feeling) that wants to be a part of the "in crowd" more than he actually is a part of that crowd.
    This is true. He'd rather be buddies with LeBron than to beat him. LeBron sees this, that's why he's always posting IG photos of PG, twitter posts, etc. He uses it against Paul

33. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post: