Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Pritchard ready to use aggressive approach on Indiana Pacers' revamp

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kevin Pritchard ready to use aggressive approach on Indiana Pacers' revamp

In my opinion, I think Pritchard is looking to make the Pacers a more athletic version of the ECF teams. I don't know what moves he is going to make, but I think it will be an interesting summer. I'm ready for the rumors and deals to start flying.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Kevin Pritchard ready to use aggressive approach on Indiana Pacers' revamp

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...and as for shooting I agree. Lance should be shooting a hundred 3's every day if not more. The Pacers should be working on that aspect of his game. At the same time, he shot well in the playoffs. I wonder if he averages 39% for an entire season as opposed to only the playoffs if that will satisfy the detractors.
    Lance shot 35% from 3 his last full season here. If he can do that, I'd be pretty happy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rimrattler View Post
    I'll probably get critical.comments for saying this lol, but I hope he signs Tyler Hansbrough back. Phsyco T has his limits, but he is another hustle guy who can get the crowd into the game. Tyler was putting up good numbers in the D league. Hopefully he is over the vertigo issues.
    Tyler can be useful off the bench as the guy who makes the other team break out their supply of band-aids.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Compared to Walsh, Bird looked like a wheelin' and dealin' machine. So if Pritchard is actually going to be even more active then some old school Pacers fans will probably have their heads spinning.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by rimrattler View Post
    I'll probably get critical.comments for saying this lol, but I hope he signs Tyler Hansbrough back. Phsyco T has his limits, but he is another hustle guy who can get the crowd into the game. Tyler was putting up good numbers in the D league. Hopefully he is over the vertigo issues.
    I don't really think this is the answer, but physicality basically went out the window with this team when Tyler left.
    Danger Zone

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:

pta

Sports Logo

I think that KP is going to move either AlJeff or Monta for a Player with a comparable but longer contract. For us, it will be a retread with a longer contract that can contribute more and/or fit our team needs while adding more long term salary. For the Other team...it will be a Salary Dump.

This won't likely cost us a 1st round pick.....this type of move is more of a shuffling of deck chairs....with the hope that the deck chair that we get back better complements the rest of the backyard furniture.

For example.....something along the lines of trading AlJeff for Jared Dudley. Just using this as an example...not something I am looking to do...but just the type of move that I can see KP do. It's a salary Dump for the Suns by moving a redundant Player like Dudley for AlJeff. For the Pacers, this is not a flashy move....but it shifts the $10+ mil in Salary Cap space that AlJeff occupied to a decent Bench Wing Player that is a net neutral defender and capable 3pt shooter.

Again....shuffling of the deck chairs.....by making a move for a Player that fits our needs.
    Last edited by CableKC; 05-09-2017 at 01:40 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Lord help us all. I would have more confidence if my 8 year old daughter was driving a bus load of people across country.
    Dont get your hate for lance. Team has always played well when he is a major contributor.
    Lifelong pacers fan

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    I don't really think this is the answer, but physicality basically went out the window with this team when Tyler left.
    Nobody wants to sign tyler hansbrough...NOBODY!!!
    Lifelong pacers fan

Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    KP already said he will be invited to camp and will have a chance to make the team

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    KP already said he will be invited to camp and will have a chance to make the team
    Well...crap.
    Lifelong pacers fan

I do

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

sav

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    Tyler can be useful off the bench as the guy who makes the other team break out their supply of band-aids.
    The problem with Tyler is his teammates don't like him and a lot of players around the league don't like him. I'll never forget how no one came to his defense when he would get into skirmishes while with the Pacers. I doubt he ever plays in the NBA again.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I saw what you did there.

"Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    I do
    Well call him up and offer him a contract.

We need to do much better than Tyler. Why are we always thinking so small? The guy wasn't very good when he was here.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

I heard Myles has already packed on 15 lbs of muscle and has dramatically improved his ability to box out working with tim duncan in the offseason
    How? It's only been a few weeks
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    He will be starting. He will be averaging over 30mpg at starting PG. The keys are being handed over to Lance...
    No he won't. Teague is better than Lance as a pure point guard. Plus if you start Lance then you have to replace him off the bench. No to mention Lance will need a raise in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    No he won't. Teague is better than Lance as a pure point guard. Plus if you start Lance then you have to replace him off the bench. No to mention Lance will need a raise in 2018.
    Didn't we sign Lance to a 3 year deal?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Didn't we sign Lance to a 3 year deal?
    Yes. The rest of 2016-17. All of 2017-18 and a team option for 2018-19.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    How? It's only been a few weeks
    It's a joke, son.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    Well call him up and offer him a contract.

We need to do much better than Tyler. Why are we always thinking so small? The guy wasn't very good when he was here.
    People don't want what he is, they want what he represents. This is more about the archetype of Hans vs. his output.

I at least see the value in that style of player as a strategic differentiator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    People don't want what he is, they want what he represents. This is more about the archetype of Hans vs. his output.

I at least see the value in that style of player as a strategic differentiator.

That's like saying I want my ex girlfriend to live with me and my new girlfriend because while my new girlfriend is all-around awesome in ways my old girlfriend wasn't... my old girlfriend makes the best blueberry pie whereas my new girlfriend isn't very kitchen-capable. So for that one reason, we need to create this awkward and sure to be explosive, living situation.

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Default Kevin Pritchard ready to use aggressive approach on Indiana Pacers' revamp

That's like saying I want my ex girlfriend to live with me and my new girlfriend because while my new girlfriend is all-around awesome in ways my old girlfriend wasn't... my old girlfriend makes the best blueberry pie whereas my new girlfriend isn't very kitchen-capable. So for that one reason, we need to create this awkward and sure to be explosive, living situation.
    ???

Gold.

PS: I think we must do better than Hans on our roster, but we need more people like him and less people like Lavoy.

Last edited by docpaul; 05-09-2017 at 09:26 PM.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

???

Gold.
    I don't have Grimp on ignore, but I have him on quick scroll.
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

39. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

???

Gold.

PS: I think we must do better than Hans on our roster, but we need more people like him and less people like Lavoy.

Lavoy's issue was mostly he just isn't very good. Tyler brings more energy but he's also older and has had past concussion issues. Which is what derailed his career in the first place. I'd rather keep a bench spot for someone like Pothyress or Bentil. Alex looked good late in the season with the Sixers.

I can't even begin to describe to you guys how much I enjoy this post.

42. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked