Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Pritchard ready to use aggressive approach on Indiana Pacers' revamp

Sports Logo

Default Re: Kevin Pritchard ready to use aggressive approach on Indiana Pacers' revamp

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are right. It is a bit early for them to have to make decisions on these sort of things. Heck, for all we know, Jefferson may take the exit interview commentary to heart and use this summer to get himself into much better playing condition. I would welcome a mentally and physically "ready to do battle" Jefferson back to the team.
    Yeah No kididng......WTF AlJeff........get in shape man......geez.

The thing is.....if AlJeff could simply come in and play 18 mpg and consistently score and contribute on the offensive end while playing 65+ games....the guy would be worth his $9.8 mil salary that he will be earning in 2017-2018 ( that's not that bad in todays $$$ ). But get in shape and remain healthy.

Another aspect to this is that we need to complement him with the right type of Player. He just needs a solid defensive Tweener forward and lineup that will minimize his defensive liabilities and he won't be such a net negative.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kevin Pritchard ready to use aggressive approach on Indiana Pacers' revamp

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    Well, someone posted an article about Howard being available for a 2nd (that's one realistic option for both Al and Monta) but if that's realistic why isn't stretching Al then flipping Monta (expiring) and a 2nd?
    Howard being available for a second, and Howard being available for 20 million in bad contracts and a second are two different things. They want to lower their salary number to sign Milsap, not replace Howard with Monta and Fat Albert.

Sports Logo

The more I think about it...Indiana flat out needs a second 🌟 to compete against the Cavs. There have been some good suggestions in this thread, but adding "solid" players is not enough without superior coaching. I'm not saying that Nate is a terrible coach, but I think he's a coach who needs two bonafide superstars to be really effective.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

sav

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    The more I think about it...Indiana flat out needs a second 🌟 to compete against the Cavs. There have been some good suggestions in this thread, but adding "solid" players is not enough without superior coaching. I'm not saying that Nate is a terrible coach, but I think he's a coach who needs two bonafide superstars to be really effective.
    Just adding "solid" players wouldn't help this team regardless of who is coaching.

IMO, farrried for Monta and 46th pick could make sense for Denver in this draft. Afflalo (2 years left for Kings) Reggie Jackson (4 years) Rubio (he was available for a 1st at deadline and couldn't be moved) Cole Aldrich (8 mill for 3 years)

Idk man, there are tons of possible ways Monta could be moved for a 2nd

We don't want Faried. He can't score and his days of high motor rebounding are far behind him.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

sav

The more I think about it...Indiana flat out needs a second  to compete against the Cavs. There have been some good suggestions in this thread, but adding "solid" players is not enough without superior coaching. I'm not saying that Nate is a terrible coach, but I think he's a coach who needs two bonafide superstars to be really effective.
    I agree and unfortunately the only star players potentially available are either head cases or Heyward. IF you take the lets get bigger approach then the Pacers could field a pretty large line up of Dwight Howard and Lance running the point. That pnr would be pretty epic to watch in action but its obvious that Howards luggage is a big issue with trying to trade for him. If you look at signing Heyward then I could see a good defensive scheme around rotating defense on Lebron using both Heyward and Lebron. The switching could work pretty well if the pacers had Heyward.

The bottom line is though beggar's can't be choosers so getting a star is better than seeing PG walk for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    Howard being available for a second, and Howard being available for 20 million in bad contracts and a second are two different things. They want to lower their salary number to sign Milsap, not replace Howard with Monta and Fat Albert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    We don't want Faried. He can't score and his days of high motor rebounding are far behind him.
    Listen guys, I was just saying ideas, not things I endorsed.

Was only showing how Monta could be moved w/o giving up a first.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Listen guys, I was just saying ideas, not things I endorsed.

Was only showing how Monta could be moved w/o giving up a first.
    My reply wasn't a sharp quip, just an opinion . I love discussing this stuff. This Summer is either gonna be epically good or epically bad.

Would be nice if we could re-sign Teague for a friendly/fair price............ then. ........ somehow.......
    get both Gordon Heyward AND Dwight Howard inked to a contract.
    "They want to be famous. We want to be champions. They want to be rappers and backup dancers. We want to play football." - T.J. Ward, Denver Broncos

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Would be nice if we could re-sign Teague for a friendly/fair price............ then. ........ somehow.......
    I think that Dwight is a possiblity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    We can go over the cap to resign Teague and Paul. In reality, we could clear space for Hayward and sign him. Then resigning Teague and extending Paul is all about how far Simon is willing to open the wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I think that Dwight is a possiblity.
    I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I wouldn't want Dwight Howard at any price.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

He just had his highest per 36 rebound number last year, and his second highest number was the year before, so this statement is false.
    He is only 27.
    Last edited by kent beckley; 05-13-2017 at 06:07 AM.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Who is this WE you speak of? Personally I'm getting him if he's available.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the esteem of Elohim,
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be kind towards one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as Elohim also forgave you in Messiah.

Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    Who is this WE you speak of? Personally I'm getting him if he's available.
    His minutes are down but his per minute rebounds are actually up. We need rebounding BADLY. Why in the world is he not an obvious target? He costs about as much as Monta and could give us 10 boards and 10 points a minute, averaging above 50% from the floor.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

We can go over the cap to resign Teague and Paul. In reality, we could clear space for Hayward and sign him. Then resigning Teague and extending Paul is all about how far Simon is willing to open the wallet.
    Good enough team to get into the playoffs...

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

I think it's complex with Paul's extension offer. Part of that extension is that Paul can be given a big raise for the final year of his contract to the tune of 11-13 mil depending on his qualifying for the dpe or not. I'm not sure if they can still give him that raise unless they're under the cap at the time of his contract being signed.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    His minutes are down but his per minute rebounds are actually up. We need rebounding BADLY. Why in the world is he not an obvious target? He costs about as much as Monta and could give us 10 boards and 10 points a minute, averaging above 50% from the floor.
    Ten boards and ten points PER MINUTE? No wonder they reduced his floor time. He was wearing himself out!

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Ten boards and ten points PER MINUTE? No wonder they reduced his floor time. He was wearing himself out!
    LOL. I told you he was good.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I wouldn't want Dwight Howard at any price.
    I don't like Dwight Howard the person, but that kind of player is pretty much exactly what we need next to Myles, aside from his free throw liability.

Faried though, no. We don't need small bigs.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

If we can get a version of Howard that doesn't whine, doesn't require the ball, and buys into a role of bumping guys around and rebounding the ball, I think he has to be seriously considered. Keep in mind that for us to get any bigger-name player who has contributed somewhere in the past, we are likely dealing with damaged goods.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deadshot For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Just adding "solid" players wouldn't help this team regardless of who is coaching.
    This team or all teams? Most basketball analysts thought the Raptors made some solid trade deadline moves and look how that turned out....A person could even argue that Indiana could be closer to beating a Lebron-led team with some solid players over the Raptors who did acquire some solid players.
    Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 05-13-2017 at 10:56 AM.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
    If we can get a version of Howard that doesn't whine, doesn't require the ball, and buys into a role of bumping guys around and rebounding the ball, I think he has to be seriously considered. Keep in mind that for us to get any bigger-name player who has contributed somewhere in the past, we are likely dealing with damaged goods.
    Teague/Stephenson
    Butler/Hayward
    George
    Turner
    Howard

Is this a title contending team?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Teague/Stephenson
    Butler/Hayward
    George
    Turner
    Howard

Is this a title contending team?
    Teague
    Hayward
    George
    Turner
    Howard

Could win a championship if and only if Howard buys in. He's the big "IF". He still wants to be "The Man", this will be a disaster. There may be some games where he may not see many minutes, not sure how he'll take that.

Having Lance, 1st pick, Thad and Seraphin off the bench is solid.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Even if it meant dumping Monta anf AlJeff without costing us a first?