Thread: This team is 48 minutes away.

Default This team is 48 minutes away.

I feel we're on the brink of a major happening here in Pacerville.

These guys win Sunday & it will turn the entire sports worlds attention to us. As well as pretty much end the series.

I'll go ahead & say it now.

We can take Miami!

Shaq is not 100% & it doesn't look like he will be anytime soon.

Can you believe this team will not only be playing for the Eastern Conference title but has a very good shot at getting Reggie his ring.

Default Re: This team is 48 minutes away.

Well you have to remember that Detroit themselves came back from being down 3-1. Of course, we're no Orlando Magic.

I think that if we DO make it to the ECF we can beat the Heat, especially if Shaq isn't 100%, which all signs right now point to he won't be.

However, do you really think that this current team can compete with the likes of San Antonio, Phoenix, or even Dallas and Seattle?

I like to think we could, but I just don't see it happening.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

No Heat talk until the final second has ticked off our 4th win of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No Heat talk until the final second has ticked off our 4th win of the series.
    Tell that to the announcers on national TV.

Bill Walton himself tonight even said something about how the Pistons are going to have a hard time beating the Heat if they play like they are right now.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Huxtable
    Tell that to the announcers on national TV.

Bill Walton himself tonight even said something about how the Pistons are going to have a hard time beating the Heat if they play like they are right now.
    As long as he didnt mention the Pacers, i could care less. This series isn't even close to being wrapped up. And to quote the "great" George Karl, "A series doesn't really start until you lose one at home".

Here's to this series never 'starting'.. BELIEVE!

If (and its still a very big if), we made the finals then I think with our current lineup we could take anyone except for the Suns. We would definately need Ron to match up with the Matrix as Jax seems to struggle against big SFs.

I think the Sonics and Mavs are done, but neither them nor the Spurs have a lineup that we couldn't be compete with.

The Pistons are going to give us hell for the rest of the series, and Shaq or no Shaq the Heat will be tough, but it is astonishing to think that the team that was written off only 9 games into the season once again has a legit shot at getting reggie his ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter
    We can take Miami!
    I'll go one further.

Right now, we have as good a shot as anybody in the league at winning 4 games against San Antonio. And I picked them to win it all.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

whoa - we have 2 of 4 wins!!!!!!!!

everybody knock on wood and chill!

My thoughts>

I'm with Mushmouth, we don't need to get to high. We are also 48 minutes away from Detroit having homecourt advantage again.

I honestly think we can sweep Detroit out of this series with four straight, we are already half way there, but I also think we could lose this series 4-2.

As of now I have no idea which team is better. When both teams are playing as hard as they can, and they are going toe to toe, and playing their best basketball we'll see.

That hasn't happened yet.

As for us having a chance of going all the way, I've thought we could since I found out Tins would be coming back.

What bugs me is people not giving us a chance. If you go to the Detroit forum on RealGM their fans are talking seriously about their matchup with Miami. I've read that talk on other forums too. Talk about counting your chickens before they are hatched! I find that talk down right stupid.

Now I'm not calling anyone stupid in this thread because what is going on here is a bit different. Some Pacer fans on here are just beginning to realize this team has a shot at going all the way, and there's nothing wrong with talking about that. What's stupid is to look seriously beyond a dangerous foe who won 61 games last year and is starting to get healthy.

Every team left has won more games than we have, but that really doesn't matter. It also doesn't matter that at certain points during this past season we were probably the worst team in the league. What matters is we are still playing and 22 of those teams are not.

I predicted before the start of the season that we would play the Spurs for the championship. I've had my doubts earlier, but now I still think it could still happen.

I said it in the Boston thread that rimfire put up & I'm saying it again here.

To write our team off is a mistake.

We may win or we may lose but in the end I beleive with all of my heart what Rick Carlisle said. This team has been through to much to go quietly into the goodnight.

Sunday is important but only the last game of a series is the most important. If we go back 2-2 it is not the end of the world.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Well, I think we're a long way away from talking about getting Reggie a ring. I thought we'd get beaten by Boston, and we managed to pull through. I thought we'd get swept (or we might win one) against Detroit, and last night Detroit looked like they didn't even know what time zone they were in. If we manage to get a Shaq-free Heat team, we could easily go to the finals; with Shaq, that goal is much tougher, but still not impossible. He's not the 35/20/5 guy he used to be.

Having said all that, the teams in the West are very good. We match up very well against the Spurs. I think, honestly, they scare me the least of all the teams left in the West, simply because the Sonics could catch fire and sweep any team in the league, they epitomize streaky. I think we've got a fair shot against any of those teams besides Phoenix. We just cannot beat them in a 7 game series, the matchups are just awful for us, especially w/o Ron to put the clamps on Marion. However, I don't think that will be a major problem. With Joe Johnson out, I don't think they'll do very well against San Antonio, and as you all know from our loss to Atlanta years ago, a clearance from the doctors means nothing when it comes to the bones around your eyes.

Shutup fools (sorry, but I had to)

we played 4 good quarters out of a possible 12 in these three games against the Pistons. We are playing good and all but we are playing the chmapions. I think we should chill and not at all look forward. Detroit is one team that can pick it up whenever they want to. They just have too many weapons. We almost gave it to them last night.

So easy guys, easy. Till we win that fourth game against Detroit, it is still Detroit's series because we do not have any room for mistakes. We need all the breaks and need to play perfect games. So let us not get ahead of ourselves here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter
    I feel we're on the brink of a major happening here in Pacerville.

These guys win Sunday & it will turn the entire sports worlds attention to us. As well as pretty much end the series.

I'll go ahead & say it now.

We can take Miami!

Shaq is not 100% & it doesn't look like he will be anytime soon.

Can you believe this team will not only be playing for the Eastern Conference title but has a very good shot at getting Reggie his ring.
    Jumping the gun, man. I have to remind myself that I don't REALLY believe in jinxes anymore, but damn....

I have to admit at being very surprised. To me, we just looked like we were out of gas in the Boston series. I don't know what happened but this second wind has been something else. Has anyone seen Barry Bonds trainer around anywhere? I'm just kidding - sheesh!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, we lead the series 2-1. On the way home I started to think about the ECF, but, I stopped. Because, Detroit will not go out without a fight and this thing is not over yet.

Priority #1. We have to win our home games. Protect the home court. If we do and we have the lead 3-1, I'd feel pretty nice, but I'd still be waaaaaayyyyyy nervous.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I'm surprised how many people are underestimating the Spurs. They're the best team in the league, and I don't think anyone can win 4 games out of 7 against them. They can beat you 115-110, 95-90, and 80-75. They play well at all tempos. They're an incredible defensive team. The only question to me is they're not as mentally tough as I'd like to see a top team be. Other than that, they're the complete package.

The Pacers could definitely beat the Heat. Won the season series pretty convincingly. Heat have no one who can match up with Tinsley. If Tinsley had played in Round 1, the Pacers would have won in 5.

Tinsley's the key though. There's not a PG left in the playoffs that can effectively neutralize what he does.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

The title of this thread should be "This team is 96 minutes minimum away, unless they lose a game or two or three, or unless they go into overtime in any of those games, in which case they would be more than 96 minutes away in multiple combinations, but I'm too tired to do work it all out, so I thought I'd try and jinx a good thing by claiming they are 48 minutes away when they aren't even close to 48 minutes away."
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

I can't believe I'm going to say this. But the Eastern conference Finals will not start until May 25th, a week from Wednseday. So that gives Shaq two weeks off basically since he didn't play Thursday night. I've seen ads saying the ECF start 5/25, so you have to expct Shaq will be healthy then

It doesn't matter the stats. The teams play the games for a reason. If you've watched any of this Pacers team this year, you'd learn that.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    I can't believe I'm going to say this. But the Eastern conference Finals will not start until May 25th, a week from Wednseday. So that gives Shaq two weeks off basically since he didn't play Thursday night. I've seen ads saying the ECF start 5/25, so you have to expct Shaq will be healthy then
    No way. If the Pacers end this series in 5 on Tuesday (and Miami has beaten Washington by then), they'll move up the start of the series, probably to Sunday. That'll probably happen even if the series ends in 6 games, which would be Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    The only question to me is they're not as mentally tough as I'd like to see a top team be.
    I agree. Outside of this, they are as good as it gets in this league.

And, IMO, mental toughness is a very minor point for them, if they are lacking any it's miniscule.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    It doesn't matter the stats. The teams play the games for a reason. If you've watched any of this Pacers team this year, you'd learn that.
    Who's this directed at?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Who's this directed at?
    Anyone who's willing to read it.