Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will we start to see something of a "Pucker Effect?"

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: Will we start to see something of a "Pucker Effect?"

I also see something missing this year with the Pistons. My best guess for the reason is the loss of Corliss. Man, I hated him-- which is exactly why he may have been the part that they're missing this year. He had fire, was real competitor, and was clutch.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

While the game will be a tough one, I'm not going to lose sleep if we lose. Our guys shouldn't be feeling any pressure, just as they shouldn't have coming into the series. We are not supposed to win, so the deeper this series goes the better I feel.

That said, I would have been royally T'ed off if we had lost the last one.

Tim

Pacers will lose Sunday because they can't handle playing from in front, can't take control.

I hope I am wrong.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Pacers have this tendency this season to win when the chips are stacked against them. To have gone any better than .500 this year is a credit to the coach and the players' toughness, mental toughness. They don't want to lose. They want it to keep going, for Reggie, for everyone who has doubted, who has hated, who has scrutinized. They don't want to lose, and they won't. Detroit needs to pull their heads out their wazoos if they want a chance to win tomorrow. And if they do, I hope the Pacers are on top of things, and they will be because it's Detroit. We bring is for these guys, we really bring it, and Detroit is scared.

Brown said he didn't want to play us, "because of the brawl, and its bad memories." Right....Sheed has to convince himself that they will win Game 4....the Pacers have to win, and the Pistons have to win. The Pacers have fought harder all season, they simply want it more.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    THE PACERS WILL WIN GAME 4!!!

THE PACERS WILL WIN GAME 4!!!

I can't say it more emphatically than that. I've watched nearly every Piston's game this season, and I feel very strongly about this.

This year's Piston team is so god damned arrogant it makes me sick. They're like the Lakers. The more I think about it, the more I truly believe it, although no one here will give me any credit, because of previous posts.

I really don't think the Pistons truly respect the Pacers. It's not just the Pacers, though, it's every team. They think they're better, and they play like they can walk on the floor and the other team will lie down. I'll be really surprised if the Pistons come out with a lot of intensity and focus towards execution in Game 4. They think they can walk on the floor and win. It's disgusting, especially when you see a team like the Pacers, who have overcome every obstacle in the book, go out and kick your team's *** two games in a row simply because they wanted it more.
    Even though you are tryin to throw up the JINX... I agree with ya. I saw all those interviews in the summer with Rip and Chauncey and Sheed saying how they were better than the BadBoys of old and how they are the new BadBoys etc... ad naseum...
    They definately got a chip on their shoulder, they seem to think they are better than they are. They definately think (including Larry Brown) that they deserve all close calls at the end of close games because of their status.
    I think I hate the Pistons more than ever before and nothing would be better than to see them lose the next 2 games vs our hobbled Pacer team minus our best player by 30+ pts. Let them stew on that all summer. Then I can call them the SadBoys

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

it's ironic really, that dk and shags have consistently been more optimistic about the pacers' chances than any pacer poster here. iirc, they both predicted the series win over boston way before anyone else.

yet their argument is persuasive. other than for artest, the pacers now are as complete as they ever have been the entire season. it hasn't always been pretty, but all the pieces are there.

i think we pacer fans still have a mental image of the wounded underdog when it comes to the pacers - i know that i continually was surprised (pleasantly) when the team was chalking up victories late in the season, and in every playoff win so far. in a way, that makes it all the more fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    I'm scared to death about Sunday. Just very nervous
    I'm so damn nervous about tommorow you would think I'm playing in the damn game.

Monkeydude

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This year's Piston team is so god damned arrogant it makes me sick. They're like the Lakers.
    They're exactly like the Lakers, I posted the same thing yesterday on another message board. There are a lot of similarities between this series and last year's NBA Finals. Last year the Lakers were the former champions who were so arrogant that they thought they could win the series without even playing hard. Even after they fell behind in the series, the Lakers whined about the referees and blamed their struggles on not playing hard enough, refusing to give the Pistons any respect. They assumed they wouldn't have any trouble coming back and winning the series. With a few exceptions, their fans were equally as arrogant in handing themselves the series. All those things are true about the Pistons-Pacers series this year. Another similarity I see, is that their coach is going to leave when the season is over, and I think the Pistons just might be broken up if they lose this series.

The fact that these two series are so similar up to this point, definitely doesn't mean the Pacers will win the series though.