Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fans finally appreciate Foster

Default Re: Fans finally appreciate Foster

Yeah, Even despite our horrible 4th....we really had a horrible offensive game overall and yet still won!!

I have always been a fan of Jeff Foster's, because I have always liked the lunch pail guys. I would like him even more if he could develop a 10 - 15 foot jumpshot that he can nail on a regular basis, and if he could increase his FT percentage. I love Foster, Davis, and Pollard, although sometimes I think we have a monopoly on big guys who do a great job defending, rebounding, and setting screens, but generally throw up anvils when shooting the ball. To their collective credit though, each of these guys have been key with their offensive scoring in the playoffs so far. If we could get some consistency out of them on the offensive end, even if it is 10 points a night, then they will make us a much tougher team to beat.
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

Pacers played a very good defensive game though. And I though their offense was pretty good for 2.5 quarters. The shotmaking wasn't. But against Pistons great defense the pacers did a great job in their offense for 2.5 quarters

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers played a very good defensive game though. And I though their offense was pretty good for 2.5 quarters. The shotmaking wasn't. But against Pistons great defense the pacers did a great job in their offense for 2.5 quarters
    Absolutely - other than Billups who had a lot of open looks and sometimes you just have to pick your poison. But the Pacers really competed on D.

In the 4th Detroit responded a little by going deep to the corners when the big man hedged on the Pick-and-roll, plus the Pacers offense got so bad with the TO's that they had a lot of quicker opportunities.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    There was even a brief "Foster, Foster" chant.....Can't say I've heard that one before....

That would be an odd chant also. "Foster, Foster ...."

If they have to chant Foster's name a better one would be "Jeffery, Jeffery ..." like in "Reggie, Reggie ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    Nah... Foster is proving to be the optimal 'first big guy off the bench'. That's a role that we can all agree suits him well.

He keeps this up and I'll have to eat a lot of words.

But I also think this is the healthiest he's been all season.
    I think he's a little more then that, but this is not the time to upset the chemistry of this team. I can't see Dale outplaying a healthy Foster for the starting spot next year. Dale should be a great backup at 15-20 min. per game.

Here is where the mistaken impression that the 5 best players (or the 5 players playing the best right now) have to start comes into play. What you want is a strong starting 5 and a good-to-competent second unit. That isn't accomplished by starting your best 5 players. You want players in your second unit to bring something different to the game, and Jeff does that in this series. Yes, Jeff is playing better than Dale in this series, but that doesn't mean that the Pacers are better with him starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sactolover05
    YO Kegboy, I got my first experience of those fans that you hate...

I had one guy around me that just kept getting pissed if there was a TO or a missed shot. Damn, it's annoying.
    My condolences.

We made out pretty well. Thanks to the Great Ticket Screwup, we were way up, 226-17-25/26 to be precise. IOW, the worst possible seats you can get at the $38 level.

But the people around us were pretty good. We were a section over from the "Detroit Sucks" crowd, which got annoying. And we had scalpers behind us that left with 2 minutes to go. Reggie missed a shot, and the one directly behind me said, "It's over, Miller Time is over for good."

Rat, too bad you didn't come find us. Not only was grace ready to buy you a beer, but there was a Michelle look-alike sitting in front of us, though she was younger and hotter and not so anorexic looking. Had a JO jersey, strapless bra, and ripped low-cut jeans on. Let's just say she more than made up for me being so far away from my Pacemates.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!