Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

  1. #1
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    I said before tonight that we'd show why we're the world champs. I've ALWAYS been right about this team, until tonight.

    Tonight, I was wrong.

    I'm going to save my comments about larry brown for another time and place. Besides, most of them would get beeped out. Lindsey Hunter has become the new Michael Curry, in every sense of the word. Chuck Daly was scratching his head tonight, and I'm sure Joe D was too.

    The Pacers really took it to us, tonight. I really wish we would have made them beat us from the FIELD, rather than with free throws, but thats the way the ball bounces.

    I can take away from the 4th quarter that most of our wounds tonight were self-inflicted, but that doesn't make me feel any better.

    Defensively, we were the better team tonight. On the boards, we were the better team. Phyically, we were the better team. We just fell apart offensively. Rasheed went without a technical AGAIN, which bothers me to no end. He has yet to find an enemy.

    Rip was beyond awful in the first half, and it obviously wasn't his injury, because he played better in the 2nd half. Maybe his hip needed time to lossen up, i dunno. The Pacers still can't guard Rip, he just missed a LOT of shots he normally puts down.

    Believe it or not, I think we're going to take the next 3 games. But if that doesnt happen, I'll officially put my foot in my mouth, and admit that I've been wrong about this team all along. A team of champions would win game 4.

    Well, good game to your guys again, they controlled most of the game, they obviously deserved to win. I suppose we'll see on Sunday how much of a series we have.

    I see Larry is complaining about the late fouls late in the game, but I guess thats his job. I'm going to take the high road. Its very easy to whine about bad fouls when you lose. Crying about foul calls is what LOSERS do, and I won't take part in it.

    Nevermind the fact that if Larry doesnt start doing even an AVERAGE coaching job, the refs are going to be the LEAST of his worries. The best passer on our team has played like 30 minutes total this month, and you wonder why Dice cant get any good shots?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  2. #2
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    I'll still take the underdog roll. Thanks. Hopefully the media/Pistons say the same.

  3. #3
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    Yeah and if we win game 4, you will say that you will win the next 3 games. Blah Blah Blah

  4. #4
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    You know, I honestly think it's great that you come in the lions den and post your thoughts after a loss.

    Seriously, it's very big of you to open up like this when so many would just stay away.

    Keep it up, m'man.

    We'll see you on Sunday.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  5. #5
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah and if we win game 4, you will say that you will win the next 3 games. Blah Blah Blah
    Nope, if we win game 4, he'll be calling for Larry's head (more than he already is).

    Nice job giving props, Kstat. That's why we like you.

    That being said, I'm still hoping to see the kstat-o-meter pop up in this thread.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  6. #6
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.


  7. #7
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,061
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Crying about foul calls is what LOSERS do, and I won't take part in it.
    Very true.

    I'm glad to see you're not like Larry Brown and his ilk.

    Props to you for posting your thoughts.

  8. #8
    Member efx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,657

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    Good thoughts on basketball are good thoughts, regardless of who the person writing it cheers for.

    Good writings Kstat and good games, so far.

  9. #9
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,996

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    Let's take a look at the Kstat meter....

    IF the Pacers can win game 4 I think it might really light up

    -Bball
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  10. #10
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    I take offense to the fact you would EVER accuse me of even THINKING about switching alligances.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  11. #11

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    i think its awsome that we have both Kstat and Shags. They give the forum a special feeling that we are at the center of excellent NBA discusion. The KSTAT o-meter is strangely and brilliantly prophetic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It's a league game, Smokey"

  12. #12
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    Nice post Kstat. However, I don't think our decline in the 4th can be entirely credited to the Pistons. Sure, you guys played better, but we started playing 'safe.'

    I'm assuming that's what you meant here...


    "I can take away from the 4th quarter that most of our wounds tonight were self-inflicted, but that doesn't make me feel any better."
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  13. #13
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    Who said that? I just read bball's meter twice, and I don't think it does either...

  14. #14
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    Rasheed didn't get called for a T when the whole arena thought he should because up in the rafters Kegboy and I were waving our hands and saying very loudly "Do NOT give him a T." I'm sure the people around us thought we were nuts but we know Kstat claims Ts motivate Rasheed.

  15. #15
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Believe it or not, I think we're going to take the next 3 games.
    Based on the above comment, the original Kstat-o- meter is still holding at the cocky-optimistic combo.......



    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rasheed didn't get called for a T when the whole arena thought he should because up in the rafters Kegboy and I were waving our hands and saying very loudly "Do NOT give him a T." I'm sure the people around us thought we were nuts but we know Kstat claims Ts motivate Rasheed.
    He calmed down very quickly.

    I looked up at the board with about a minute left and was shocked he only had 13. I just KNEW he'd hurt us as bad as Billups (I about screamed once when he was wide open late - but he missed that one).
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  17. #17
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He calmed down very quickly.
    Maybe he doesn't know that getting technicals motivate him.

  18. #18
    teY dennaB toN
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .........I just KNEW he'd hurt us as bad as Billups .....
    There is some good in you yet.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is some good in you yet.
    I can see I'm gonna need a 12-step program after the season.

    Might have to watch a few '90's playoff series ...
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  20. #20
    teY dennaB toN
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can see I'm gonna need a 12-step program after the season.

    Might have to watch a few '90's playoff series ...

    Touche'. May I suggest the '95 series?

  21. #21

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    us?!!!??????

    wow.
    breaking on through to the other side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It's a league game, Smokey"

  22. #22
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    I think he's there.

    Who's next??


    BTW, I agree with the kudo's to kstat for coming in here. I wouldn't.

    And for some reason, I've never seen the Kstat-o-meters before... Very nice.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  23. #23
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    Yeah, I saw that, Rim. You let it slip in another thread too.

    Give in to your feelings. Come to the dark side. Or, in this case,
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  24. #24

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    I really felt like the Pistons lost this game. We played pretty good, but not great. The Pistons, with the exception of Billups, seemed to be lost out there till the start of the 4th quarter. Maybe it was shock that they were being beaten by a team they probably felt they should have swept?

  25. #25

    Default Re: Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eindar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really felt like the Pistons lost this game. We played pretty good, but not great. The Pistons, with the exception of Billups, seemed to be lost out there till the start of the 4th quarter. Maybe it was shock that they were being beaten by a team they probably felt they should have swept?
    I think Pacers D was fantastic in the first half. Detroit made a nice 4th qt run but it was because Pacers blew a few easy ones.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •