Thread: I like it better this way

canyoufeelit

Default I like it better this way

Losing in a blowout means you just didn't show up that night. Losing a heartbreaker, especially a game where you work so hard to get back in it can really mess with a team

I love it.

3ptmiller

Default Re: I like it better this way

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by canyoufeelit
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Losing in a blowout means you just didn't show up that night. Losing a heartbreaker, especially a game where you work so hard to get back in it can really mess with a team

I love it.
    Or it can give a team confidence.

Remember in the 4th quarter of Game 1 how Tinsley got in the lane and scored at will. The Pacers have carried that momentum for the last two games.

I don't know if this years Pistons have that type of mentality though. They may see the 4th quarter as proof that they can just step on the floor and win. They've been arrogant as hell all season, and it may just come back to bite them in the ***.

MistyRo76

Although I have no fingernails left after seeing the ending of that game....I think we needed to prove we can win the close ones. Everyone expected the Pistons to come out on fire and take this game. But it was the Pacers who came out with the determination and fire and built the big lead. And it was frustrating to see that lead deteriorate, but the Pacers never caved. And when JO fouled out with 2:30 left, the Pacers never caved. Blowouts can be fun, but to be a winner and a champion you have to be able to win it when it's close. Because they aren't all going to be blowouts.

Great win, Pacers!!

That's a good point... have we won a close game yet in the playoffs? Seems like all of our wins have been big...
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

We won game 2 in Boston by 4 I belive

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    Or it can give a team confidence.

Remember in the 4th quarter of Game 1 how Tinsley got in the lane and scored at will. The Pacers have carried that momentum for the last two games.

I don't know if this years Pistons have that type of mentality though. They may see the 4th quarter as proof that they can just step on the floor and win. They've been arrogant as hell all season, and it may just come back to bite them in the ***.
    I agree. Even though we won, I think we may have lost the mental edge in this series by allowing the Pistons to come back and almost take this game. We didn't go for the jugular when we had the chance. If we had closed out the way we started, I honestly think our confidence would have carried us the rest of the way.

NewType

OTOH, since we didn't win big, the chance for us letting down in a home game is slimmer. We all know what happened game 4 against Boston. The team let down after a big win. This time won't happen since we all know how close game 3 was. The focus and mind set should be there for game 4.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    I agree. Even though we won, I think we may have lost the mental edge in this series by allowing the Pistons to come back and almost take this game. We didn't go for the jugular when we had the chance. If we had closed out the way we started, I honestly think our confidence would have carried us the rest of the way.
    Like I said, read my last paragraph.

Pistons have been playing this season like the Lakers of the past 5 years. They don't have true respect for any opponent. There's at least a 50% chance that the Pistons will come out, walk on the floor, and expect the Pacers to lie down. If that's the case, Pacers lead 3-1.

At least we managed to hold on in the end. That's gotta count for something. I believe that shows that they can keep their heads in the game well enough in tight situations like that.

I'd be worried about the next game had they won in a blowout actually.

Sports Logo

As long as we dont go back to the throw it into Jermaine and watch (which is how the Pistons got back into this one) I like our chances. We let them back in this one not they got back in. If we would have kept moving the ball this would have been a blowout.

Pacers two wins in this series have ben close games. Game #2 tied at 77 with 6 minutes left. Tonight Pacers down 1 with under 2 minutes,