Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'd like to thank our crowd tonight...

Default Re: I'd like to thank our crowd tonight...

We were in the fourth row from the top in section 208 and everyone around us started chanting it. My girlfriend was immediately like: oh, no....

And I'll be damned if that wasn't when the comeback started.

But we persevered. Still, a classless move.

At least no one threw anything. From the TV perspective the crowd was pleasant and decidely un-Detroit like.
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez

I just wish that people would chant "De-troit Bas-ket-ball" after one of their turnovers or something. That would be more effective than Detroit Sucks. I mean, that's what the Pistons claim is their style at home; the announcer says that after turnovers, unforced or not, which is pathetic IMO.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just wish that people would chant "De-troit Bas-ket-ball" after one of their turnovers or something.

I think there must have been pockets of "Detroit Sucks" all over the arena. I was on the isle between 226 and 227 and with the exception of the one time the guy in front of me did his chant solo it always started at the top of 227. 3 big guys around a Pistons fan. He actually took it pretty well. Better than I would have considering I wanted to b-atch slap the woman at Smokey Bones who not once, but twice yelled out "Go Pistons" while I was trying to enjoy my dinner.

Not to disagree with you UB, but just about every GD time they did that stupid chant it led immediately to a basket for the Pistons.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    I was too busy sexually harassing my waitress in Section 118 to even see what was going on in the athletic contest I was apparently attending.
    Thought about trying that but the guy wasn't cute enough.

We were neighbors and I didn't know it - was in 116 myself.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

SjA3837

Quote Originally Posted by grace

I think there must have been pockets of "Detroit Sucks" all over the arena. I was on the isle between 226 and 227 and with the exception of the one time the guy in front of me did his chant solo it always started at the top of 227. 3 big guys around a Pistons fan. He actually took it pretty well. Better than I would have considering I wanted to b-atch slap the woman at Smokey Bones who not once, but twice yelled out "Go Pistons" while I was trying to enjoy my dinner.

Not to disagree with you UB, but just about every GD time they did that stupid chant it led immediately to a basket for the Pistons.
    I was in section 228, people there were chanting it also. I had some guy behind me keep calling Rip a rat, and other names... it was pretty funny lol.

WEST

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    Yup, that's where I thought it started.

Still classier than the Detroit fans touching off a mini-skirmish after the game. You lost. You don't need to try to punch EVERYONE walking down the stairs.
    LOL, I didn't see that. How bad was it?

woman without a team

Since the "Detroit Sucks" chants seemed to be all over the place did anywhere but Sections 226 and 227 try to do the wave? Just when I didn't think we could be any more lame.

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    Since the "Detroit Sucks" chants seemed to be all over the place did anywhere but Sections 226 and 227 try to do the wave? Just when I didn't think we could be any more lame.
    Lame meaning you couldn't get anybody to join you?.........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    for being collective IDIOTS!!$

How STUPID can you be to chant "Detroit Sucks"! With 8 minutes left in an 11 point game???!?!?!! HOW STUPID IS THAT!??!?!?!

That woke them RIGHT BACK UP and gave us this cardiac express. I'm completely disgusted with that stupidity.

Hicks, when that chant started I turned to the person beside me and said:
    "Way to go... **** them off even more and fire them up...."

So I'm right there with you...

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    Lame meaning you couldn't get anybody to join you?.........
    I wasn't doing it.

with 8 minutes left with a 11 point lead, it is definitely dumb. nobody can prove that that is what jumpstarted Detroit but when a team is on the road, they look for all sorts of things to get that "us 12 against everybody in the building" atitude - and definitely chanting Detroit sucks might have contributed to motivate them.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now if we chant "Pistons FANS suck" next game (if the cause is really misbehaving Pistons fans) then that's another story altogether...

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Everyone who wouldn't join in on the wave is a bunch of pansies.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Please instruct us on which chant would've made the Pacers double their 11 point lead? I wasn't aware that chants determined the outcomes of games. This should be great now. We should never lose another home game as long as we know the right chants. Keep it on the DL though, we don't want other fans to figure this out and use it against us when we're on the road.

woman without a team

you are now entering the DL Zone for Pacers fans only.

Today's lession: Cheering as not to jinx our beloved team.

1. Do not cheer "[name of opposing team or player] sucks" until the Pacers have more than or equal to a 21 point lead in the 4th quarter.

2. Do not stand up when a Pacer is shooting a 3. It's bad luck. You don't believe me? What's our average shooting percentage from behind the arch? I don't know, but I'll use 33% as an example. That means 67% of the time the shot doesn't go in.

3. Do not do the wave. It's not bad luck, but it's so 80's. Beside's the wave should only be done at football games and only when [insert favorite team] is on defense.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TruWarier
    Everyone who wouldn't join in on the wave is a bunch of pansies.

Detroit's big run to take the lead did catch big-time momentum once that chant started. But like UncleBuck, I see no cause and effect. I think it's a fallacy to say that chant caused the Pistons to go on that run.

But on the other hand, it was very stupid on the part of the fans. It would be like the crowd at a college game starting the over-rated chant when their team was up 10 with 8 minutes left. Those kind of chants only fit in when the game is truly in hand. Some think it's classless and should not have happen but for those who don't mind it, it just makes YOU look like an idiot to start it at THAT point in the game.

Shoot, I had fans around me talking "oh the Pistons s*** they can't even score 50" and I'm thinking "just wait morons".

Anyone who knows anything about the NBA knows that other team is going to make a run at some point, especially the defending champions.

Myself, I've been calling my Detroit fan buddy and yelling "INDIANA BASKETBALL" after each win. But yeah, I kinda dig the idea of Pacers fans doing their own sarcastic version of DEEEETROIT BASKETBALL after a Pistons turnover or airball. Something to get under the skin of any Detroit fans in attendance.