Thread: If the series were to get really physical

WAFollman

Default If the series were to get really physical

I've noticed that these two teams don't seem to have that much animosity towards each other this year, I'm sure because of the effects of the brawl. But if this series did somehow turn into a grind it out slug fest who does everybody think would have the advantage.
    I live in Washington and last night Ginobili did his crap where he just runs as fast as he can into the key which I really don't like and the gigantic Danny Fortson just floored him. Of course he got a flagrant and the announcer acted like he shot someone but I think it really sent a message. But I guess when it comes to these two teams something like that would be really uncalled for. But damn I would love to see that little b**ch Richard Hamilton on the ground underneath Dale. But the big baby Ben Wallace would probably get really huffy puffy about it.
    By the way the way I really hate Hamilton because of the lucky third shot he got to beat my Washington Huskies in the sweet 16 a long time back and last year he set up Artest in game 6, that was not a flagrant, my mom who doesn't care about basketball noticed it. He backed into Artest really hard right into you know where, then when Artest put his arms up like most defenders would Hamilton just ran into an elbow and hit the ground.
    sorry this is so long.

Default Re: If the series were to get really physical

That's not how the game is played. Basically, it's cheating, and it's dangerous. That's how I feel. Set the tough screen and leave it at that.

One of the biggest problems is that Rasheed Wallace is great friends with both Jermaine O'Neal & Dale Davis.

Not that that is a bad thing, but it might take away from some of the on-court fire.

Jamaal is the only player who will try & get into anybody's head no matter who it is.

I thought Foster put a good hard foul on somebody in the last game, I just can't remember who right now.

I wouldn't worry about it to much, but I know what your saying.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Personally, now that we've got a series on our hands with a 1:1 tie, I expect the level of overall physicality and intensity to increase. I've never liked this "let's just be friends" approach with the other team. You should hate the other guys with a passion in the playoffs. But just because I expect a more physical game doesn't mean I predict a dirty one.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I definitely believe in playing Detroit as physically as the refs allow.

Particularly Ben. If he gets off by hitting a couple of 7-8 foot shots in the lane or from the side, then by not fouling him hard when he shoots under the board will just result in enabling him to gain even more confidence.

I think Ben's best performances are those that just seem to build and snowball. He thrives off of momentum and confidence, like most players.

With him, you MUST do something to slow that momentum. That's why I'd beat the crap out of him and send him to the line. And, if we're lucky one of those hard fouls slips by the refs and doesn't get called. Just like Jermaine, that drives Ben totally bonkers and gets his mind away from the game. Might even get him ejected after he shoves someone in the throat.

Not cheating. Just gamesmanship.

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of the biggest problems is that Rasheed Wallace is great friends with both Jermaine O'Neal & Dale Davis.

Not that that is a bad thing, but it might take away from some of the on-court fire.

Jamaal is the only player who will try & get into anybody's head no matter who it is.

I thought Foster put a good hard foul on somebody in the last game, I just can't remember who right now.

I wouldn't worry about it to much, but I know what your saying.

Didn't Foster put the hammer down on Rip while he was going up for a layup?

With the brawl still lurking, I don't think we'll see too much scuffling although there will be no shortage of physical play. Who knows though, the longer this series goes, the more intense things may become.

Speaking of physical and the brawl and whatnot:

Who else was surprise to see Ronnie Garretson working a Pacers-Pistons playoff game at the Palace?

Boyle commented on it at the beginning of the game, saying he really bungled his job on 11/19.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I'm pretty sure that the player who Jeff fouled hard was Prince(ss).