Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 37 of 37

Thread: Krapitz: Trading Artest makes sense

  1. #26

    Default Re: Krapitz: Trading Artest makes sense

    Quote Originally Posted by t1hs0n
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't like that he has become the mouthpiece for this city. He works for a large media company and his own agenda, not for Indy.
    So very true. Newspaper sales nationwide are suffering tremendously some of the major ones are done 10%. I know so many people that get their news from the net now. I won't and never will buy a newspaper because Krapitz might say something interesting. IMHO the Pacers want to build RA's image just in case a good deal comes across the board. He's not untradeable now when you look at what the team has accomplished. With that said I still want him here and he should get rid of that 91 jersey.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  2. #27
    Jesus Shuttlesworth
    Guest

    Default Re: Krapitz: Trading Artest makes sense

    So if the Pacers were to win it all this year do you think they would trade him? I really hope they keep him. There isn't a player I'd rather have than Artest and I mean that.

  3. #28
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Krapitz: Trading Artest makes sense

    Definitely they would. I think they will anyway, so it's probably inconsequential.

  4. #29
    Banned PacerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,132

    Talking Re: Krapitz: Trading Artest makes sense

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, but we all know if Jermaine and Jax both broke their legs next year and Ron single-handedly lead us to a championship, your first reaction would be "Trade him now while his value is high!"
    Right, so what's your point?




    actually, not at all correct. My WHOLE dislike of Ron has to do with my valuing TEAM above all. And my belief that Ron will never understand/play within the framework of TEAM above all.
    Thus, they will never win it all with Ron playing as a Pacer. (JMO obviously)
    IF the miracle happened, I would be MOST happy to welcome his reclaimed soul back into the fold. Pains me greatly to see his great talent wasted.

  5. #30
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Krapitz: Trading Artest makes sense

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely they would. I think they will anyway, so it's probably inconsequential.
    Would you trade Ron and Jeff for Lamar Odom?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  6. #31
    Member Mushmouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    39
    Posts
    545

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Krapitz: Trading Artest makes sense

    Please folks - no, we aren't trading Ron. It's game 4 of the semi's, and Ron is not an issue. We get pissed when people talk about Phil Jackson , Knicks, Lakers, in the offseason, lets all stay that way when we talk about next year.

    Ron is back - that's how it is GOING TO BE.

    I have a beer for every person who thinks I'm wrong at the first game I go to in Indy next year.

    Sign up here.

    that's my last Ron-Ron post til post-season

  7. #32
    Member skyfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,559

    Default Re: Krapitz: Trading Artest makes sense

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you trade Ron and Jeff for Lamar Odom?
    With the way that Jeff is playing atm, he would be the best backup bigman in the NBA.

    I'd much prefer Ron, Bender and #17 pick for Odom and a final yr contract.
    I'd also much prefer not to trade Ron, but if it had to be done then Odom would be a very good substitute for Ron. I hate to think of Ron in a Lakers uniform tho *shudder*

    Dunno if the Lakers would be willing to take Ron tho, they seem more than some other teams, required to justify their trades to their fickle fanbase. I thought Kobe and Butler was working relatively well for the few games they were playing together, much better than Kobe and Odom anyways. Not sure if they would be willing to take on another SF who needs his share of the ball after their failed experiment with Odom.

  8. #33
    Banned PacerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,132

    Talking Re: Krapitz: Trading Artest makes sense

    Quote Originally Posted by Mushmouth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please folks - no, we aren't trading Ron. It's game 4 of the semi's, and Ron is not an issue. We get pissed when people talk about Phil Jackson , Knicks, Lakers, in the offseason, lets all stay that way when we talk about next year.

    Ron is back - that's how it is GOING TO BE.

    I have a beer for every person who thinks I'm wrong at the first game I go to in Indy next year.

    Sign up here.

    that's my last Ron-Ron post til post-season
    I"ll have a Bud lite!!!!!!!!!

  9. #34
    Banned PacerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,132

    Default Re: Krapitz: Trading Artest makes sense

    Quote Originally Posted by skyfire
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the way that Jeff is playing atm, he would be the best backup bigman in the NBA.

    I'd much prefer Ron, Bender and #17 pick for Odom and a final yr contract.
    I'd also much prefer not to trade Ron, but if it had to be done then Odom would be a very good substitute for Ron. I hate to think of Ron in a Lakers uniform tho *shudder*

    Dunno if the Lakers would be willing to take Ron tho, they seem more than some other teams, required to justify their trades to their fickle fanbase. I thought Kobe and Butler was working relatively well for the few games they were playing together, much better than Kobe and Odom anyways. Not sure if they would be willing to take on another SF who needs his share of the ball after their failed experiment with Odom.
    Those both seem like too much to give for Odom.

  10. #35
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Krapitz: Trading Artest makes sense

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those both seem like too much to give for Odom.
    Let me get this straight.... You hate Ron and think he's got negative value, but bundling him with Bender and getting Odom is too much?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  11. #36
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Krapitz: Trading Artest makes sense

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you trade Ron and Jeff for Lamar Odom?
    If only you'd have asked me that BEFORE Jeff turned into the hero of this series.

    But yeah, I probably still would. Odom's best at PF anyway, as evidence I submit his year in Miami at the 4, and no Jeff means he has a great chance to do that. You could either start him with JO at 5, or more likely, make him our own McDyess of sorts. That's a hell of a 6th man.

  12. #37
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Krapitz: Trading Artest makes sense

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If only you'd have asked me that BEFORE Jeff turned into the hero of this series.

    But yeah, I probably still would. Odom's best at PF anyway, as evidence I submit his year in Miami at the 4, and no Jeff means he has a great chance to do that. You could either start him with JO at 5, or more likely, make him our own McDyess of sorts. That's a hell of a 6th man.
    Well, if we got Odom I'd expect him to play at the 3 instead of the 4. Otherwise we're lacking at the swing spot and we'd have to go get somebody else.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •