Thread: Something I've noticed in playoff coverage this year...

Default Something I've noticed in playoff coverage this year...

...is that national announcers seem to be completely shying away from questioning or even acknowledging bad calls in playoff games this year.

I thought it was just me being a homer in the first round becasue I watched mostly just Pacer games. But I'm following most of the second-round series and whenever even really bad calls are made on either side in any game, the announcers usually ignore it completely.

And there are few if any "let's watch the replay to see if that was a foul" bits in games.

Is anyone else noticing this or am I just being paranoid?

woman without a team

Default Re: Something I've noticed in playoff coverage this year...

I'm sure they've had their talking to by the network brass who got their talking to by Stern.

Yeah, I noticed. ESPN started it, but recently TNT's been picking up the trend.

Something to do with JVG?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

bump

Sports Logo

I always assume it was a horrible call if they dont show the replay.

They did show the travesty that was the traveling call on Jeff when BabyBen knocked the ball out of his hand and called it a bad call but they skipped a lot of them.

Did they say anything on TNT about Fred's elbow that allegedly hit Prince? In the replay it looked like it missed him by a foot.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did they say anything on TNT about Fred's elbow that allegedly hit Prince? In the replay it looked like it missed him by a foot.....

Nope they didn't mention a word. And I noticed the same thing you did. That was one of the best acting jobs by Prince I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    Agreed. I would have loved to see that one in slow mo. I'm pretty sure Fred didn't even touch him.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

During the Suns game the other night, they did replay the Flagrant call against Stackhouse, with both announcers saying that it should NOT have been called a flagrant.

That was a ridiculous call. Stackhouse went for the ball and made minimal contact. The referees bit the big one there.

Agreed on the Fred elbow. But then I didn't think Hunter got AJ in the face either.

But yeah, it looked like Prince got knocked over by the air rushing past Fred's elbow.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Agreed on the Fred elbow. But then I didn't think Hunter got AJ in the face either.

But yeah, it looked like Prince got knocked over by the air rushing past Fred's elbow.
    My first thought on the Fred elbow was that Fred didn't go over and make sure he was okay in good sportsmanship, so I assumed it was a great acting job....If Fred had elbowed him, he would've been cool about it.

Not sure about Hunter and AJ, but AJ's eye sure didn't look red or anything.....

Graywolf_59

That's why we need the WB4 coverage Screw Stern and his(PC_NBA crap).....Call it like it is.....We need Slick and Clark calling the Tube game's!