Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 55

Thread: They are talking about us on Rats

  1. #1
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default They are talking about us on Rats

    For entertainment purposes only. I did not realize whoever defended Ron got banned. How did I slip through the cracks. Boy that Hicks guy sounds like a real jerk

    Enjoy

    http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106145


    JOneal7
    Registered User Join Date: Jan 2005
    Posts: 9

    Who's on Pacersdigest here?

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I was...but was banned because of some bs...The owner had some grudge against me...
    who here is on there?

    JOneal7

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    i was on there for a week until i found this place, didnt really post, just wanted to see what people were saying.

    itgoesbuzz


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I was there when they first started but the power of the admins quickly went to their heads. It's not a good Pacer discussion site imho.

    Golgac1

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah. I registered there, but never posted anything and rarely visit anymore. A few of the posters make decent observations, but, I'm not quite sure why, but too many people over there annoy me.

    Plus, I like having the fans of other teams here. I just wish the trolls would leave.

    Cudeigra
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    yes the admins over there let the power go to their head. Esp. Hicks...And sad thing is that's all he does. He didn't setup or pay for the site.
    They have cliques...and if you arent in them...then your an outcast...


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, it's funny how they started that board because they were tired of the over zealous admin that used to be here. Now the place is run by Hicks, who is wildly over zealous.

    I've seen him toss many a person for no good reason and give them no chance to discuss the matter.

    Over zealous? Yes.

    Very strong clique? Yes.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, Don't defend ron over there. Or your tossed...if you don't agree with them...then it's over...they tossed a bunch of good posters due to the fact they "Challenged" their authority....
    Hicks is just power hungry

    JOneal7
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    For what it is worth I visit both sites and each has its positives and negatives.
    If you want amusement due to troll involvement this is the place to be.
    I laugh with some of the things posted. There are good posters here.
    I do believe exellent discussion is present on digest and I really like some of
    the insight posters have there. If you go postal on someone at digest you
    probably will be banned and that is fine. Keep it civil as it should be here.

    owl

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I mainly go to PD to read Peck & UncleBuck's posts. Former posters here whose opinions I always found interesting. I like to get their take on things.

    Don't post much there. Just hard to break into a new board. I'm used to this one.

    GO BIG RED

    I post there, and i'm not in any cliques...I see plenty of Artest posts from both "trade him" and "keep him" camps.

    Bottom line...if you want troll free posting...go there. Many posters there also post here, and some of the same threads exist in both places. If you can work your way around the trolls, then post here.

    I get tired of people coming here to complain about PD. If you read the one-sided posts of those that get banned from there...it's always the same complaint..."oh, Hicks is a jerk"..."They just don't like me over there so they banned me". If you got banned, it was for good reason. Don't go blaming someone else. You don't have to admit anything here...you only have to be honest with yourself.

    I will also mention that the mods over there OWN the site! It's theirs! They can ban you for no reason at all, and they have to answer to no one! If that bothers you, then why even put any more thought to the site? Why not just leave and go somewhere that you enjoy?!?!
    Let me offer an analogy...you came to my house, and I let you in. Then later on, I decided to throw you out...it doesn't matter what reason I give you...I could have not liked something you said...I could have taken a dislike to your shoes...or the car you drove up in...all pointless reasons...but it doesn't matter...IT'S MY HOUSE!!! Same thing there. There's no reason to go to the neighbors and complain about my kicking you out...just go somewhere else!



    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TripleThreat
    I post there, and i'm not in any cliques...I see plenty of Artest posts from both "trade him" and "keep him" camps.

    Bottom line...if you want troll free posting...go there. Many posters there also post here, and some of the same threads exist in both places. If you can work your way around the trolls, then post here.

    I get tired of people coming here to complain about PD. If you read the one-sided posts of those that get banned from there...it's always the same complaint..."oh, Hicks is a jerk"..."They just don't like me over there so they banned me". If you got banned, it was for good reason. Don't go blaming someone else. You don't have to admit anything here...you only have to be honest with yourself.

    I will also mention that the mods over there OWN the site! It's theirs! They can ban you for no reason at all, and they have to answer to no one! If that bothers you, then why even put any more thought to the site? Why not just leave and go somewhere that you enjoy?!?!





    I wasn't banned and they pretty much (most of the admins not the posters) are jerks. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.




    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Golgac1
    I wasn't banned and they pretty much (most of the admins not the posters) are jerks. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.


    it doesn't hurt my feelings in the least...I'm not bothered by any of it, other than people coming here to complain about being banned...don't put words in my mouth.

    you have every right to think the mods there are jerks...you also have every right to leave when you want...or keep posting there. It's your choice.


    Send--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TripleThreat
    it doesn't hurt my feelings in the least...I'm not bothered by any of it, other than people coming here to complain about being banned...don't put words in my mouth.

    you have every right to think the mods there are jerks...you also have every right to leave when you want...or keep posting there. It's your choice.



    Uh Gee ya think. Let the original poster get some feelings off his chest. He just wanted to rant a little. It's no big deal.

    Golgac1


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I was the friggin former Most Fanatic Poster of the year...they banned me because I challenged hicks.
    Don't defend your team either...or you will be banned. They HATE people who try showing them up or saying there opinion is wrong.

    JOneal7

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TripleThreat
    it doesn't hurt my feelings in the least...I'm not bothered by any of it, other than people coming here to complain about being banned...don't put words in my mouth.

    you have every right to think the mods there are jerks...you also have every right to leave when you want...or keep posting there. It's your choice.



    He also has every right to complain about the moderators or posters there. So, feel free to be bothered, but the nice thing about this site is that we don't have to care.

    Cudeigra

  2. #2
    Tinsleyfan11
    Guest

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    LOL!

  3. #3

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    why does everybody call it Rats?

  4. #4
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    Quote Originally Posted by brichard
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why does everybody call it Rats?
    Star backwards is Rats.

  5. #5
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,044

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    Hey Buck! They now have a post over there talking about your post over here. So I thought I would make a post talking about them talking about you talking about them.

  6. #6
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,008

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    It is a sad day when there is a rivalry between message boards for fans of the same team!

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  7. #7
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    Didn't JO7 get unbanned later on? Or was that someone else?

    I'm not sure how Bball and Peck and UB have managed to post for so long, what with no allowance for differing opinions. Or maybe it's not allowing personal attacks.

    Nah, that couldn't be it.

    IndyToad
    Why am I even commenting on this discussion?

  8. #8
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    JOneal7 is an angry little fella.

  9. #9
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JOneal7 is an angry little fella.
    I guess JO didn't give him a headband at the last game or something.

    IndyToad
    Go to the top of the page

  10. #10
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,008

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    Didn't JO7 skirt close to some insenstive comments (racism) leading to his fall from grace?

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  11. #11
    teY dennaB toN
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    Is there some sort of mandate that says we have to go through this Rats vs. PD exercise every 2 months or so?

  12. #12
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't JO7 skirt close to some insenstive comments (racism) leading to his fall from grace?

    -Bball
    Could you please come up with another way to make your point? If you don't I'm going to have to change my screen name.

    Yuk. I feel so dirty.puke:

  13. #13

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    It's sad in a way. They actually believe they did nothing inappropriate for their banishment(s)...Oh, well. Maybe someday...

  14. #14
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    Meh. If they want to believe JONeal7's one-sided rants, that's their perogative. It's just odd that he posted this now, considering he's been banned for several weeks now. Seems to me that he and Sassan are basically complaining to the RATS forum that they're forced to post over there...

  15. #15
    Tinsleyfan11
    Guest

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    This is all funny.I don't understand why they got banned i have been viewing this board for like a year now and i think you guys were a little un fair to sassan and Jo 7.

  16. #16
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    Damn. I'm a real *******. I sure hate everyone that is a real Pacers fan, that much is clear. Unclebuck, since I'm tired, I'll ban you tomorrow morning instead of right now; so get your posts in now while you can.

    Some still seem confused over why certain members aren't around anymore. If they really don't know, give me a PM and I'll do my best to explain.

    In the meantime, I have to get back to eating babies, worshiping satan, and re-arranging all my nazi paraphernalia in between sniping at real pacer fans who ride together.....

  17. #17
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there some sort of mandate that says we have to go through this Rats vs. PD exercise every 2 months or so?
    Maybe so. Every time someone brings up the brawl or talks about Bender I think I'll try to stir up some trouble between us and the RATS.

  18. #18

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    Gotta love the fact that people take things way too personally.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  19. #19
    Tinsleyfan11
    Guest

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    Why do you guys got so much beef with that Forum just send a treaty to them or maybe you guys can ban all the trolls and merge and make a huge Pacer forum just a thought.

  20. #20
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinsleyfan11
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is all funny.I don't understand why they got banned i have been viewing this board for like a year now and i think you guys were a little un fair to sassan and Jo 7.
    And after some background checking, now I know why you've been saying this, and why you seemed familiar. Hello and goodbye, RM8325.

    *edit* And, judging by the legibility of the post, I'm guessing another loaner to Sassan.

  21. #21
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't swear to it but didn't he start calling people like Jay (he's the one I remember - us non-Pacer fans got to stick together) of being racist because he wasn't a Ron supporter and said something positive about Foster.

    At least I remember a thread where someone went off calling people racists 3-4 times.
    They've called people racist, they've (mainly JO7) acted racist, acted homophobic, been extremely rude/vulgar to other posters over disagreements, and otherwise been damned obnoxious.

    Each received at least 2 "2nd chances" to shape up, and each time they reverted to form within a week or two.

    Funny how they always seem to "forget" that part when they cry on RATS about the other admins and myself.

  22. #22
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    He he he

  23. #23
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He he he
    You're loving this just a little too much.

  24. #24
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats



    RM8345, you had potential, man. I didn't mind reading your posts, as about half my friends type in the same way. Plus you were funny, and incredibly ethusiastic. What happened?

    Please, just stop with this crap!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  25. #25
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: They are talking about us on Rats

    Quote Originally Posted by JO7 (on RATS board)
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just a big pacer fan...banned for nothing...cause I mentioned the favortism going on towards people on the site. Hicks can't stand people challenging him...
    Hicks, I hereby challenge you to a

    Come on, give me your best shot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •