Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumb question for the day

Default Dumb question for the day

If the Pacers beat the Pistons in this series. No that is not the dumb question here are the dumb questions

1) Will that make up for 11/19

2) Is that just punishment for the Pistons franchise

3) Will the series win be the most satisfying Pacers win in your lifetime

4) Will it feel like the Pacers have just won the championship.

5) Should the city throw the Pacers a parade even if they lose 0-4 to the Heat.

I realize there are more important questions I could have asked if the Pacers were to beat the Pistons, but this is a fantasy thread anyway. Let me end by saying the Pacers are so far away from beating the Pistons in this series, that I truly don't believe it will happen.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Dumb question for the day

Sorry, I refuse to get ahead of myself with this year's team.

When I think they're 'up', they get crushed.

When I think its hopeless, they really come through.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

MistyRo76

I think that for many it will be sweet retribution if the Pacers are the ones to knock the Pistons out of the playoffs. Most expects said the Pacers championship/playoff hopes died when Artest went into the stands. But more importantly, in order to be the best you have to beat the best....and the Pistons are the defending World Champions. But beating the Pistons should not be the ultimate goal. This team says their goals haven't changed since 11/19. They are still fighting for a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

My disclaimer was not enough for you

The point is moot, anyway.

Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press was on Full Court Press today and he said:

1.) Look for the Pistons to handle the Pacers easily in games 3 and 4.
    2.) The Pacers are not physically or emotionally able to stay with the Pistons.
    3.) There's NO WAY the Pacers can beat the Pistons in a 7 game series.

Pistons fans also called in and guaranteed that they will go back to Detroit up 3-1.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    If the Pacers beat the Pistons in this series. No that is not the dumb question here are the dumb questions

1) Will that make up for 11/19 No, but it will be easier to digest

2) Is that just punishment for the Pistons franchise For the franchise no, for the fans, ABSOLUTELY

3) Will the series win be the most satisfying Pacers win in your lifetime No, beating New York in New York in the ECF is still the best

4) Will it feel like the Pacers have just won the championship. No, a championship will feel like a championship

5) Should the city throw the Pacers a parade even if they lose 0-4 to the Heat. No, wait till we win a championship, it will feel better

I realize there are more important questions I could have asked if the Pacers were to beat the Pistons, but this is a fantasy thread anyway. let meend by saying the Pacers are so far away from beating the pstons in this series, that I truly don't believe it will happen.
    Ok

Harmonica

1) Will that make up for 11/19?

Yes. And no. I really believe this was our year to go all the way.

2) Is that just punishment for the Pistons franchise?

Let's just say it'll be poetic justice.

3) Will the series win be the most satisfying Pacers win in your lifetime?

Yes, because last night's win was one of the most satisfying.

4) Will it feel like the Pacers have just won the championship?

Since I don't know what that feeling is like, I don't know. But it would be incredibly gratifying, to say the least.

5) Should the city throw the Pacers a parade even if they lose 0-4 to the Heat?

No. And if we get past the Pistons, we will beat the Heat.

recap

If we somehow win (I give us about a 10% chance), the no it won't make up for 11/19, but yes it is absolutely just punishment for the Pistons. In fact, I think that if we could manage to win this series the Pistons will come back next year with a significantly different team (whether it is the same players without Brown or some major roster move). Seeing them break up the group after getting beaten by the Pacers will be good enough for me.

David Stern coming to Conseco to present the ECF trophy would feel like winning an NBA championship this year...beating the Pistons won't do it. They would have to let Artest in the building for that ceremony wouldn't they.

I would say that this would be the most satisfying win in my lifetime.

This thread is fine and all, but my fantasy is seeing Stern present the trophy to Reggie Miller and Ron Artest.

WEST

If the Pacers beat the Pistons it would be very sweet. The team has had a great season considering the circumstances. I will be proud of them no matter how far they go. One of my biggest hopes now for the rest of the playoffs is that the deeper we go and the closer we get to the finals, may make Reggie change his mind and reconsider his decision to retire. With all that said I still havn't lost sight of our "One Goal". Were in the second round and tied 1-1 for a reason. I think its a long shot for us to make past the Champs, and then beat the Heat, (i'm out of breath) and then beat the West champs. But who knows. Like that old Mc Donalds commerical "Hey. . .it could happen!"

Screw Drew Sharp. And since I have said it in a while Screw David Stern.

Now to the subject at hand. It would only partially make up for 11/19. We had a championships caliber team.

It would not be punishment for Detroit. Only God, errrrr David Stern can do that. There's that name again.

In my lifetime? That's a long time. No, the Pacer ABA Championships would still be ahead of it, the Byron Scott magic over the Magic, the wins over the Knicks. Top 5 though.

No it would not feel like they had won the championship. And that's what parades are for.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

1) Will that make up for 11/19?

Make up for what exactly. Other than Ben Wallace, and the stupid owner of theirs for his later comments, I really don't think the Pistons as an organization were to blame. I blame Artest, the fans, and the officiating.

No, at least from a fan standpoint. I hold their fans responsible, not the team. So whether they lose or win, they still got to see their team's best. Unlike us.

It will tie Knicks, and surpass everything else.

Almost, however I'm not exactly sure what winning a championship feels like.

No.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by recap
    If we somehow win (I give us about a 10% chance), the no it won't make up for 11/19, but yes it is absolutely just punishment for the Pistons. In fact, I think that if we could manage to win this series the Pistons will come back next year with a significantly different team (whether it is the same players without Brown or some major roster move). Seeing them break up the group after getting beaten by the Pacers will be good enough for me.

David Stern coming to Conseco to present the ECF trophy would feel like winning an NBA championship this year...beating the Pistons won't do it. They would have to let Artest in the building for that ceremony wouldn't they.

I would say that this would be the most satisfying win in my lifetime.

This thread is fine and all, but my fantasy is seeing Stern present the trophy to Reggie Miller and Ron Artest.
    There's NO WAY Ron Artest would be in the building for an Eastern Conference or championship presentation, if that happens. NONE!!!

Drew Sharp was the same person who picked the Lakers in 3 last season for the Finals. He hates Detroit, even though he's worked there for 15 plus years.

And if the Pacers do beat the Pistons, I do think there's a good chance (around 50%) that Dumars does break up the team somewhat, possibly trading one of the starters.

recap

They let Artest back in the building for Reggie's presentation and even let him sit on the bench during the game. As a member of the team, he would get a ring if they won a championship. I think that they would have to let him come to the ceremony...besides after the last game isn't his suspension over. I can dream.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

) Will that make up for 11/19?

Nothing short of Ron Artest apologizing to the Indianapolis fans can do that.

It would be sweet to see them suffer for a while, and to hear their denials.

Nope, they ain't the Knicks. But my own fav was winning that game 1 v. the 6rs a few years back.

Eh, no? I've not felt that before so all I can say is, it would be sweet.

No. Nothing short of a Ring warrants that.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat

Pistons fans also called in and guaranteed that they will go back to Detroit up 3-1.....
    Wow - talk IS cheap!

FWIW, IMO for the Pacers to win the series they'll have to take one more in Detroit. Maybe two if the prime number theory holds up.

And if that happens - wouldn't it somehow be more fitting to end the Pistons' season in the building where the fans helped (or so everyone thought at the time) end YOUR season?

To me, a dream series ending would be a Pacers game 7 win in Detroit.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat

Can't help but feel he makes some very good points. You must admit, Detroit has obviously been sleepwalking through the entire playoffs so far. Pacers played out of their minds to get a win, which, I imagine, will wake up the Pistons enough to, maybe not blow out, but at least take control and beat the Pacers in the next three games.

IndyToad
    Orange juice everywhere!

teY dennaB toN

l

It's fun to look ahead and dream, but I can't bring myself to answer the questions, even with the disclaimer.

Just too many bad karma possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    Wow - talk IS cheap!

FWIW, IMO for the Pacers to win the series they'll have to take one more in Detroit. Maybe two if the prime number theory holds up.

And if that happens - wouldn't it somehow be more fitting to end the Pistons' season in the building where the fans helped (or so everyone thought at the time) end YOUR season?

To me, a dream series ending would be a Pacers game 7 win in Detroit.
    Wellllll if we are dreaming why not end it in Detroit with a Pacer win in game 5?

But now I just want to win the 'next' game. One at a time...

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Tim

All is lost Jay! No way will we win next game!. Accept defeat RIGHT NOW!!!!

Tim

1) Will that make up for 11/19

Nope, Ron and Jack screwed up, I don't blame Detroit for that.

2) Is that just punishment for the Pistons franchise

I think our players would love to deny Detoit a Championship.

3) Will the series win be the most satisfying Pacers win in your lifetime

No way, winning a Championship is.

4) Will it feel like the Pacers have just won the championship.

Only for a day. As soon as the next round starts we will be focused on that.

5) Should the city throw the Pacers a parade even if they lose 0-4 to the Heat. No way, parades are for champions.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

1) Will that make up for 11/19 No, only a championship will make up for 11/19

2) Is that just punishment for the Pistons franchise No, they havent been what we have been through

3) Will the series win be the most satisfying Pacers win in your lifetime Yes, I have only been a Pacer fan for about 4 years because I am only 16

4) Will it feel like the Pacers have just won the championship. Yes, but no

5) Should the city throw the Pacers a parade even if they lose 0-4 to the Heat. Yes, the Pacers have earned it, and so have the fans

I realize there are more important questions I could have asked if the Pacers were to beat the Pistons, but this is a fantasy thread anyway. Let me end by saying the Pacers are so far away from beating the Pistons in this series, that I truly don't believe it will happen.
    -Miller_Time04

I would definately feel vindicated should the Pacers win. It would be the second most satisfing Playoff series win to date--right after the first time we beat N Y. (Had game 7 against the Bulls ended differently Detriot beating Detriot would be third.)

Usually I say there's no such thing as a dumb question. But...

5) Should the city throw the Pacers a parade even if they lose 0-4 to the Heat.
    **** no!!!!! You don't get a parade for being swept in the ECFs. No. Matter. What.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Yup. All I care about is the next game.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

woman without a team

1) Will that make up for 11/19 no

2) Is that just punishment for the Pistons franchise No. If we had swept them it might be punishment. Besides if the Pistons lose they have no one to blame but themselves since they're supposed to beat us anyway.

3) Will the series win be the most satisfying Pacers win in your lifetime yes

4) Will it feel like the Pacers have just won the championship. Some Red Sox fans said that beating the Yankees was like winning a championship so I suppose beat the Pistons could be as good as a championship, but we don't get a banner for just beating the defending world champions.

5) Should the city throw the Pacers a parade even if they lose 0-4 to the Heat. No. If they really want to have a parade right after the 500 parade they can have a parade for Reggie retiring.