Thread: Postgame quotes

Default Postgame quotes

First off, let me say this. I freaking hate Ben Wallace. I love his game and when he's playing I wish he was on my team. But great gravy, has there ever been such a petty guy? We all know he loses his cool when getting blown out. But this ticked me off.

Last game, Ben had 21 and 15, 4 steals, and a block. Now that's a great line for anybody, and he got plenty of props from this board. But in this game, Jeff got 14 and 20 with two steals and two blocks. That's also a great game for anybody. So what does Ben have to say when asked about Foster's game tonight?
    They did a great job moving the ball. If you’re moving the ball around, it gives guys opportunities to get to the boards. Jeff did a great job of helping out Jermaine [O’Neal] and Reg [Miller] and those guys once we put the pressure on them. He did what any good player in this league does—he slipped to the basket, got some easy put-backs and helped his team get a win.
    A top-notch effort by Jeff, and it's "what anybody does." How many people got 20 rebounds in the playoffs this year? Has anybody? And what kind of freak of nature gets 10 offensive rebounds in a game against Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace? Jeff had a triple-double in points, offensive rebounds, and defensive rebounds. That's crazy.

If I was a Pistons fan, I'd be kinda worried about the quotes by my players:
    Quote Originally Posted by Billups
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (On the second half): “Their defense was good, but I thought we had some good looks and didn’t knock them down. We got a little antsy, I thought, in the second half. We started breaking some plays instead of letting plays develop. Everybody was just trying to get it done and it cost us.

(On losing the lead): “I don’t know if we lost our heads, I think they just chipped away at it. They had some shots going, we didn’t. When that’s the case, you have to try to run plays all the way through, eat the clock a little bit, and we never did that.”

(On going to Indiana for game three): “I think that’s extra motivation for them—coming here and winning one game in our building. We’ll be looking for their best effort on Friday.”

(On the series): “I was expecting a long series anyway; you never can expect a short one. This is going to be a good series. I said it before it even started; this is going to be a very good series. Like I said, you have two teams that play the same way and run a lot of the same stuff. It’s going to come down to late situations most nights.”
    Billups basically saying the Pistons didn't expect to win Game 2?

And Ben's response to the 11-point home loss was "it's just something that happens."

Awful lacksadaisical (sp?) for a title hopeful.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Postgame quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    First off, let me say this. I freaking hate Ben Wallace. I love his game and when he's playing I wish he was on my team. But great gravy, has there ever been such a petty guy? We all know he loses his cool when getting blown out. But this ticked me off.

Last game, Ben had 21 and 15, 4 steals, and a block. Now that's a great line for anybody, and he got plenty of props from this board. But in this game, Jeff got 14 and 20 with two steals and two blocks. That's also a great game for anybody. So what does Ben have to say when asked about Foster's game tonight?

A top-notch effort by Jeff, and it's "what anybody does." How many people got 20 rebounds in the playoffs this year? Has anybody? And what kind of freak of nature gets 10 offensive rebounds in a game against Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace? Jeff had a triple-double in points, offensive rebounds, and defensive rebounds. That's crazy.

If I was a Pistons fan, I'd be kinda worried about the quotes by my players:

Billups basically saying the Pistons didn't expect to win Game 2?

And Ben's response to the 11-point home loss was "it's just something that happens."

Awful lacksadaisical (sp?) for a title hopeful.
    If Ben Wallace was downplaying Jeff Foster's effort last night, he's basically downplaying himself because the things he was describing are exactly the type of things he earns recognition for. I think the "any good player" phrase might be the part that brings across this perceived disrespect. Change that to "a good player" and it sounds alot better. Personally, I think that's going a little far to try to find something to get upset about.

Billups response were about what one could expect. #1 - Do you actually think the Pistons believe they're going to lose the series now? I don't think anyone believes that. I don't think the Pistons will be truly worried unless we win both games in Indiana. #2 - Even if the Pistons were in some way worried by this loss, and I think it would be foolish to think that they are, you wouldn't expect them to go to the media and talk about it being devastating. They would never want to indicate any real doubt they might have. Actually, I think when a team ACTUALLY starts to worry that's when they start talking bigger and bolder. They were champs last year, they know how to deal with a playoff loss.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

(I'm disregarding everything Ben Wallace said, because you can't take anything that dude says very seriously, he's as bright as a vaccuum cleaner)

I think it's the road they have to take. They can't be shell shocked by this loss. They have the confidence that they still have "control" of the series, and honestly, they have the bling to reinforce all their comments.

I don't doubt for a second that they'll come into Indy playing better ball, we have to match their energy on Friday night.

Maybe its just me, but I'll be pleased if we split at home. 2-2 going into game five would be NICE.

woman without a team

Anthem, maybe because you're so fired up about it I don't find their quotes all that offensive. For one thing you have to consider the source. Ben Wallace is a big fat cry baby. Yes I said it. The Pacers don't say it because they don't like to give the other team bulletin board material.

I can see why Ben would say some of Jeff's baskets were easy put backs. Why were they so easy? Because Ben didn't do his job and get the rebound first.

I can't get too bend out of shape about any of the Pistons saying they thought it would be a long series. Even if you think you're going to sweep a team you don't come out in the media and say it. At least if you're intelligent you don't. I'm sure the fact that they hadn't beaten us at home during the regular season had to concern them just like the fact that we didn't win at home concerns the hell out of me.

Anybody catch the post game press conferences on ESPN News last night? I'm sure this is being nit-picky on my part, but when they were done with Reggie and Jermaine they both said "thank you". When they were done with Tayshawn Prince he smiled real big and said "cool". Yes the reporters laughed and I know I'm splitting hairs but it just comes down to how the different teams handle themselves.

Disclaimer: In a week when I go off on what someone says in the media remember I'm a girl and it's my biological right to change my mind.

Yeah, it doesn't seem as big of a deal now that it's morning and I'm thinking more clearly.

I still say he downplayed Jeff.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Anthem,
    I really wanted to read the quotes you highlighted and get angry. I swear I did. They seemed pretty tame to me.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anthem:

You're not really Bob Hill, are you?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not a pistons quote, but from Foster regarding his performance last night.

"I'd just rather give the credit to my teammates. They're the ones missing the shots and I'm just down there cleaning up."

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Hey Anthem, I didn't know Chauncey Billups posted on PD.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    Not a pistons quote, but from Foster regarding his performance last night.

"I'd just rather give the credit to my teammates. They're the ones missing the shots and I'm just down there cleaning up."
    I saw that too, and had the same reaction. I wonder if he meant it to be funny or not.

Not much love for Foster by Ben, I guess.

Ben Wallace didn't want to hear about how Foster's 14-point, 20-rebound effort was somehow an imitation of his game.

"You are who you are and he played his best game of his career, I think," Wallace said. "And what a better time to play it than in Detroit, the playoffs, trying to get a win going back home. He definitely had a great game."
    "... but he's not a great player like me."

Sorry, I'm done now. I just dislike it when Ben opens his mouth, especially about our team.

Enjoy your time at PD!