Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Official Superstition Thread

teY dennaB toN

Default Re: The Official Superstition Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry? I'm fighting a head cold and stuff just ain't sinking in. I don't know what you're getting at.
    I think he's saying have your daughter write GO PACERS on your water bottle before all games!

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    And to resurrect an old theme:

OVERSHARING VIOLATION ON VICIOUS TYRANT!!!!

Been a while since I've heard that one.

WEST

Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    I break out the "Our Lady of Guadalupe" candles during must win games and prop a picture of Reggie or JO in between the set. Works for football too....This year when the Colts played the Patties in the playoffs, I set up the shrine but the Colts were getting dismantled on the field. I couldn't figure it out.......turns out that I was using a Sports Illustrated cover of Marvin Harrison which is valid enough, but my stupid roomate had used that EXACT SI cover while he was clipping his nasty fungal toenails and jinxed the whole shrine. Now you know why the Colts lost and it had nothing to do w/Bilchiek or Weiss.
    What did you use on November 19? A picture of Ron Artest that your roomate used to wipe his *** on?

Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    I break out the "Our Lady of Guadalupe" candles during must win games and prop a picture of Reggie or JO in between the set. Works for football too....This year when the Colts played the Patties in the playoffs, I set up the shrine but the Colts were getting dismantled on the field. I couldn't figure it out.......turns out that I was using a Sports Illustrated cover of Marvin Harrison which is valid enough, but my stupid roomate had used that EXACT SI cover while he was clipping his nasty fungal toenails and jinxed the whole shrine. Now you know why the Colts lost and it had nothing to do w/Bilchiek or Weiss.
    Don't you know about the Sports Ill. cover jinx. It had nothing to do with roommates toenails. You can never use SI for any type of shrine atuomatic loss. Now I know who to blame.........
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli
    I think he's saying have your daughter write GO PACERS on your water bottle before all games!

Thanks, I needed that!!!!

Every single playoff game this season that I didn't see one live minute of because I had other plans has been a victory. I am strongly considering making plans for Friday evening and then watching the recording like I had to do last night.

Also, last year I made a dinner bet on the ECFs with a friend from college who is from Detroit. After agreeing to the wager, I suddenly remembered that I have almost never won a sports related bet in my life. Of course the Pacers lost and I spent $80 on dinner, mostly on his drinks, appetizers, lobster, and shrimp.

He called today saying that we could do the same bet this year starting now since the series is tied and we hadn't spoken to each other before games 1 or 2. Needless to say, I wasn't in much of a gambling mood this time around.

3ptmiller

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    When I'm thirsty I drink a Coke, it works 100% of the time.
    ROFL... yea u see? You **** better aswell... Coke rulez!

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This started last year during the playoffs, but is much much more powerful during this playoff season:

If I'm too busy from work to find a place to watch the game, we win. If I clear my schedule and sit down and watch the game, we lose. For games I haven't been able to watch live, we are 4-0 during the playoffs this year.

No it isn't funny.
    I got a call yesterday to work for the E! Entertainment office today. That's right, that's where I am now - I'm still here and couldn't watch the game.

So that makes it 5-0.

I was already asked if I'm available to work on Sunday. I'm not happy about that.

But part of me kind of is.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

teY dennaB toN

Also, I sat in my chair all the way through when Detroit took the lead 72-71. Made the switch to the couch, all is good.

The collective karma is good.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thank God we won this game. I feared the collective pummeling I might have to take.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I've stayed away from this thread but I did want to note one thing.

At some point in the season, somebody did lay a curse on this team. I don't know who or how (do any Pacers hang out in Louisiana? maybe it's Bender - Mississippi isn't that far away) but it happened.

I think the curse MAY have been broken already - it's starting to look that way. But if not, in my research, I've run across a few links:

http://www.mojomoon.net/hexnet.html

http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/whit...ingspells.html

http://www.luckymojo.com/uncrossing.html

http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/chaney/191/id20.htm

Again, I think something may have broken it already - in which case you need to be VERY careful (don't want to reverse what's already been reversed). So before you try any of these, I'd suggest a spiritual reading.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I actually met someone who claimed they were a witch and very serious about it. Worshipped like mother earth or something and did believe in spells. I didn't make fun of her or anything since I really didn't want any sharp pains in my body.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    I got a call yesterday to work for the E! Entertainment office today. That's right, that's where I am now - I'm still here and couldn't watch the game.

So that makes it 5-0.

I was already asked if I'm available to work on Sunday. I'm not happy about that.

But part of me kind of is.

Just got called in, so by the time the second half starts, I'll be working.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird