Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love Jeff Foster

Default I love Jeff Foster

I'm sorry, but I love the guy. More about him later, let me get to the game tonight.

I must admit after the first quarter I was ready to throw in the towel. Reggie was getting abused by Tay, I was ready to suggest that Reggie just can't play against the Pistons, bench him, bring in Eddie Gill, someone, anyone.

It looked hopeless, the Pistons looked dominant and the series looked over, I was thinking about next season.

But then a strange thing happened

The comeback started with Tinsley taking the ball to the basket, creating offense for teammates and generally causing the Pistons to adjust their entire defense. I said before and after game #1, the only way to beat the Pistons defense is with a quick penetrating point guard, and to run pick and rolls almost every play. I am dead serious the Pacers should start every offensive play woth a pick and roll. Tinsley needs to play about 45 minutes a game in this series, I'll say that right now. He more than anyone else on the Pacers can hurt the Pistons defense.

The thing that impressed me about J.O tonight was his shot blocking, he had several huge blocks that prevented fastbreak layups, and as much as anything turned the game around. He stood up to the Wallace' tonight.

Of course Reggie hit a few huge threes, and also was just a lot more aggressive, Jax was pretty good also.

Before I get to Jeff and Rick, one comment about Dale. Many of you will jump on the Foster bandwagon and suggest he should start. Let me just say Dale came out in the 4th quarter and put together 5 minutes of great play. He allowed J.O and Jeff both to get a little rest, and Dale played as well during that stretch as he has all season. He can still bring it for short stretches.

Let me move along to Rick Carlisle. I will be very interested to read what you think of the adjustments Rick made. Pacers did not quite play like the Suns tonight, but he did allow the Pacers to run, or as Rick said in his post game comments, they were much more free flowing. I wonder what % of the offensive plays when Tinsley was in the game started with a pick and roll, I would guess 80%, I say move that up to about 95%. Pick and roll the Pistons to death. Keep Tinsley in the middle of the floor and lets use our quickness at the big position to cause the Pistons problems.

Jeff Foster, wow, he looks as healthy as he's been all season. Maybe this will show that he can be effective against the Pistons. I'm just very happy for Jeff, in fact Jeff had a Ben Wallace type game tonight. One of the biggest reasons why the Pistons are so good is because they have quick, athletic big guys. I've been beating this drum for a few seasons now, but I don't think many people realize how important that is. Quick big guys allow a coach to do many good things on defense, so unless you have Shaq, give me quick athletic big guys, please.

Please, Jeff stay healthy and continue doing what you have done the past 3 games. There are times when it appears Jeff knows where the ball is going at all times. One final thing, sure jeff is a hustle type player, but don't sell his talents short. His nose for the ball is a talent that might not be matched by anyone in the NBA, also Jeff has extremely quick feet and hands.

I love Jeff.

Sports Logo

Default Re: I love Jeff Foster

You know that run you are talking about when Jamaal came in. He only came in then because of the hit AJ took to the face.

I agree that Jamaal must play a lot of minutes for us to win but me saying that is not groundbreaking.

I think right now Dale needs some rest to get his legs back. I was actually happy when he got his 4th foul because I knew Jeff would be back in. I really felt that Jeff and Jamaal would have to play the entire 4th for us to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think right now Dale needs some rest to get his legs back.....
    So you're calling off the big post-game party Friday night?
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

The media was comparing him to Ben Wallace tonight. But at his best, I think the better comparison is to Rodman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It's a league game, Smokey"

teY dennaB toN

I would like to credit myself for the 1st run when Tins took over in the 2nd quarter by pulling the 5 minute channel switch (see my 'superstition' thread).

Anyway, this game was FUN. I'm not the biggest Foster fan in the world, but he was a monster tonight.

Let's not forget to give credit to JO tonight either. He made some HUGE plays tonight and looked as good as he has since the shoulder injury. Tins and JO both are getting dangerously healthy at the right time. Shhhhhhh.

Big game Friday. I don't remember the exact numbers, but the game 3 winner of a series tied 1-1 wins like 70% of the time I believe.

Let's go GIT 'R DONE!!

The Pistons looked really lazy in the second half. They won't do that again, I can promise you that. But if we can hustle like we did tonight, we can win.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli

Big game Friday. I don't remember the exact numbers, but the game 3 winner of a series tied 1-1 wins like 70% of the time I believe.
    The team that wins the first game of the second round goes on to win the series 80% of the time...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Great recap and don't forget James Jones....when he came in and altered some jump shots with his length is about the same time the team decided to play some defense.

I thought his contributions, although small, helped start a defensive trend.

It was beautiful to see the ball moving to the open man. AND UB you were correct, the Pick N' Roll got the ball moving.

Also glad JO told Reggie to shoot the damn ball!!! 3 cheers for JO on that one.

Water

Suave, that is a good point. One thing I hate, is now the media is saying the Pacers now have homecourt advantage. Does anyone with half a brain think that is going to make any difference really

Quote Originally Posted by abington
    The media was comparing him to Ben Wallace tonight. But at his best, I think the better comparison is to Rodman.
    That's what they said when he came into the league. He could be Rodman without the crap. I just wish he could develop a jumper.

It's interesting that he's been playing a lot more forcefully since Dale got here. It's like he watched Dale and a lightbulb went off in his head.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

What did you think of Jax guarding Rip and Reggie guarding Tay. Although the pacers changed that up in the 2nd half

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned
    The team that wins the first game of the second round goes on to win the series 80% of the time...
    The team that wins four games first wins the series 100% of the time.

Physical Foster is great, I think Dale is rubbing off on him.

Tinsley is also rubbing off on Johnson. I kind of thought maybe Tins was working with AJ this season, considering his great improvement.... and I still don't know if he was, but AJ does the leg-kick now.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    That's what they said when he came into the league. He could be Rodman without the crap. I just wish he could develop a jumper.

It's interesting that he's been playing a lot more forcefully since Dale got here. It's like he watched Dale and a lightbulb went off in his head.
    And for no other reason, this alone tells me that Dale needs to be resigned. If he can do it for Foster, he can do it for Harrison.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Physical Foster is great, I think Dale is rubbing off on him.

Tinsley is also rubbing off on Johnson. I kind of thought maybe Tins was working with AJ this season, considering his great improvement.... and I still don't know if he was, but AJ does the leg-kick now.

I noticed that leg kick tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck

That was pretty funny....he should keep doing it

I also noticed that James seems to be doing a pretty good job on Rip with his length...something to explore
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    I also noticed that James seems to be doing a pretty good job on Rip with his length...something to explore
    This is what I mentioned above. I thought his defensive play altering shots with his length was a key turning point in the game in the 2nd Qtr.

Water

This is why I said this in this thread: "More Jeff Foster. When he's not in the game, Big Ben eats up everything that comes off the rim or backboard."

Jeff was bigger than huge tonight.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Jeff Foster is great and has an extremely hot girlfriend/wife

3ptmiller

Honestly, whats up with that Leg-Kick Tinsley does? Ive been playing basketball for a big time now and have never seen anything like it and i cant find out what the point is with that. All i can think of is maybe he just kicks the leg forward so he doesnt gets tangled on defenders foot and falls down or he just invented a new stylish "move".. hmm

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Someone said he does it to keep defenders away....I guess it works?

Quote Originally Posted by 31 Forever
    Jeff Foster is great and has an extremely hot girlfriend/wife
    Wife.

He took a stack of books on the honeymoon.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Jesus Shuttlesworth

He took a stack of books on the honeymoon.
    Huh? Are you serious??!?

Quote Originally Posted by 31 Forever
    Huh? Are you serious??!?
    Am I the kind of man that would lead you astray?

Enjoy your time at PD!

One of the biggest reasons why the Pistons are so good is because they have quick, athletic big guys. I've been beating this drum for a few seasons now, but I don't think many people realize how important that is. Quick big guys allow a coach to do many good things on defense, so unless you have Shaq, give me quick athletic big guys, please.
    I was going to make this point earlier and forgot.

Does anybody still fault Donnie for not going hard for Dampier?

Enjoy your time at PD!