Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Writerman callout

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Writerman callout

Actually, I enjoyed debating with him about all kinds of topics. Politically he was very conservative, even moreso than myself, so we had some good discussions there too. But at one time Uncle Buck and I fought him tooth and nail over Artest. He hated Ron almost from the git-go. UB and I defended Ron thru everything, until I moved to the "dark side" this time last year.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I take it you've never read any of his posts on Muslims.
    Nope. What did he have to say about Muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    Nope. What did he have to say about Muslims?
    He met one once when he was younger, now he hates them all.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    He met one once when he was younger, now he hates them all.
    Dated one, if I remember correctly.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Wow, I just responded to this guy on RealGM. I didn't recall seeing him before. He's trolling the Piston board there as I type.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't miss "Bitterman" at all. He was the first ignoramus I ever put on ignore.

If you like listening to a bitter old man pine about the days of yore, while making insensitive racial and ethnic remarks - Writerman is your kind of guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

teY dennaB toN

Writerman was a self-absorbed douche.

NewType

IIRC, he's from Ohio, or at least he lives in Ohio now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Wow, I just responded to this guy on RealGM. I didn't recall seeing him before. He's trolling the Piston board there as I type.
    I just went over to RealGM, and am now more stupider for having done so.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I dunno, I enjoyed reading writerman, he was pretty crazy but the arguments he ended up getting into with pretty much everybody were always entertaining, in a Jerry Springer kind of way. Same went for NewYawk and Chauncey. I preferred them over Sassan and JO7 mainly because their posts at least had a facade of rational thought most of the time.

IndyToad
    It's mashed potato time

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace
    I don't miss "Bitterman" at all. He was the first ignoramus I ever put on ignore.

If you like listening to a bitter old man pine about the days of yore, while making insensitive racial and ethnic remarks - Writerman is your kind of guy.
    That sums it up rather nicely.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Harmonica

Who was the racist clown that mixed it up with Marion County? Was that Writerman as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    Now that I think about it, the thing about Writerman was he'd always argue with people about different Pacer game points when he'd not actually seen the game!

The discussion would go on for a couple of pages before one of the posters that knew that Writerman was rarely able to watch a game and was probably basing his argument on the game stats would ask point blank: "Did you even see the game?" Then he'd reply "No, but I will when I get the tapes in a couple of weeks" ....Too funny!

-Bball
    LOL.... yeah, thats Writerman for ya.,

He had a "friend" in Detroit that would tape the games and send him copies. LOL..... that dude was so full of *****. I rarely believed a word he wrote.

NewYawk was just about the same way. Saw about 5 Pacer games a year yet had all the answers.

I couldn't stand either one of them and I told them so many times.

ftc

jfisher

I just liked the way he'd keep the board going during the summer.....he'd always have something to say to set everyone off......So as long as we're bringing up some of his old postings, how about when he said the only reason Isiah Thomas wasnt playing Croshere was because, "he was a white guy?" And he said it with such emotional CONVICTION!!! Those were some of my best Writerman memories.......

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I just went over to RealGM, and am now more stupider for having done so.
    Yup.

I go there just for quick glances of what other teams think, but always come away realizing it isn't worth knowing what most of the posters there think....
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by FireTheCoach

NewYawk was just about the same way. Saw about 5 Pacer games a year yet had all the answers.

I couldn't stand either one of them and I told them so many times.

ftc
    I never had a problem with New Yawk. He seemed like a well-mannered, polite, and educated young man. [waiting for lightning to strike me]

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden