Thread: Excruciatingly slow

Default Excruciatingly slow

Hey Hicks or able,

Lately the site has become incredibly slow for me. I've been getting a lot of java script errors and I have to click on a topic several times for it to respond. And when it finally does, it takes more time than usual to bring up the page. I noticed it started happening right around the time you put that little bug (The Digest) in the upper left hand corner. Could that have anything to do with it?

Default Re: Excruciatingly slow

Okay, I've been paying closer attention and now see that the site doesn't respond until that little bug in the upper left hand corner comes up. At least for me it doesn't.

Mood

The only time this has been a problem for me is when I try to log on here using an iMac at school.

When I come home to WindowsXP, there is no problem.

Didn't you say you were on a Mac of some kind?

able, is there anything that can help him out?

The only time this has been a problem for me is when I try to log on here using an iMac at school.

When I come home to WindowsXP, there is no problem.

Didn't you say you were on a Mac of some kind?

Yep. Good memory. I have an iBook.

It's definitely the little bug in the upper corner. Everything was fine until it came along. I wish it would just go away.

Mood

It's definitely the little bug in the upper corner. Everything was fine until it came along. I wish it would just go away.
    I'm thinking of alternatives.

Right now the code for it is in the "overall_header" file. I'm going to try swapping that with the over_footer and see if that helps.

If that works, it SHOULD mean that instead of being the FIRST thing to load on the forum, it should become the LAST thing to load, which in theory would let you navigate with or without the menu loaded.

However, I'm thinking a more likely solution is to make an optional pop-up menu instead. I'd either replace or stick it next to "Pacers_Digest" on the top right of the forum, and it would popup a 2nd window with this same "The Digest" menu in it. I think this is the better idea, and it's easier for me to implement to boot.

Mood

I've moved the menu to a seperate page, accessible just by clicking on "The_Digest" on the top right of each page.

This should solve your problem with things being slow.

I've moved the menu to a seperate page, accessible just by clicking on "The_Digest" on the top right of each page.

This should solve your problem with things being slow.

Man, sure did. The site is lightning fast for me again. Thanks!