Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where are the hidden gems this off-season?

Default Re: Where are the hidden gems this off-season?

I don't care about his dad.

#1 hidden gem: Lonzo Ball.

Trade PG & our 1st to get him here. Franchise changing player.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Great idea.

The kid only wants to play for the Lakers and you want to drag him here.

I'm sure that'll go over well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jose Slaughter For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great idea.

The kid only wants to play for the Lakers and you want to drag him here.

I'm sure that'll go over well.
    Wrong.

Zach Lowe said Lakers are preparing to offer several young pieces for PG. We need Boston to get a top 2 pick. Get Lonzo & that'll put us on the map. Imagine how many national televised games we'd have.

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    I don't care about his dad.

#1 hidden gem: Lonzo Ball.

Trade PG & our 1st to get him here. Franchise changing player.
    Lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Lakers have a better chance of losing their pick than keeping it so what's Lonzo gonna do then? Demand he falls to 28? Lonzo has said he'll play for any team, he just prefers to play for hometown Lakers. Just like I would prefer to play for my hometown Pacers.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Who's going to teach Lonzo how to defend? Players who are going to be drafted later then he is absolutely torched/embarrassed him

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Who's going to teach Lonzo how to defend? Players who are going to be drafted later then he is absolutely torched/embarrassed him
    I've never seen a player dominate an entire season like Lonzo did & have everyone, who wants to take shots at him, single out 1 game. I don't know what "players" you're talking about but I'm gonna assume it's the Sweet 16 Kentucky-UCLA matchup because that's the game you hear about over & over. Probably the only game you saw him play all year, that's if you even watched it. . I watched him play tons of games & I never noticed a bad defender. If anything he's going to get better. You can teach defense.

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    I've never seen a player dominate an entire season like Lonzo did & have everyone, who wants to take shots at him, single out 1 game. I don't know what "players" you're talking about but I'm gonna assume it's the Sweet 16 Kentucky-UCLA matchup because that's the game you hear about over & over. Probably the only game you saw him play all year, that's if you even watched it. . I watched him play tons of games & I never noticed a bad defender. If anything he's going to get better. You can teach defense.
    You'd take him over Fultz ?

You'd take him over Fultz ?
    1000x yes. Lonzo makes everyone better. He's the closest thing to LeBron that I've seen coming out since LeBron. No he's not going to be LeBron James but when it comes to the playmaking & his passing* abilities where he makes everyone around him better he reminds me of LeBron. I think if he wanted to score more he could & that will come out at the next level. But the kid always makes the right play with the correct pass & makes the hard passes look easy. Just a simple bounce pass on a fast break that most players wouldn't attempt he pulls it off...and you wouldn't think anything of it because he made it look easy.

I'm not crazy about Fultz. Good scorer but I want the player who makes his teammates better. If you put Fultz on UCLA & Ball on Washington I bet their records switch too. Fultz isn't a winner, Ball is.

If you only watch Pacers basketball you won't see it often but if you watch any highlights of Lonzo you'll see it. He's smart. He makes that extra pass. He plays the game the right way. Lonzo would come in here & flip this franchise around. Even as a rookie & he would lead this team....something this team hasn't had in forever. A true leader. I would give up future 1sts to get him. Figure the rest out later. Special player & one that you don't see often. He's the clear #1 pick. I'm going to laugh when a team or teams pass on him. LA would be crazy to trade the chance at drafting him for Paul George. No way it happens but I'm holding out hope somehow it does.

i'm on mobile and can't be bothered to cut and quote your manifest but..

he's not the "clear #1 pick" according to people who do nothing but watch tape on these guys 365 days a year. Fultz is

and i find it laughable you think Lonzo would have done any better with that ridiculously dumpster fire of a roster Washington had this year

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Holmes would be cheaper that's for sure. Like him as energy off the bench.

But Saric is easily the player with the higher ceiling.
    Part of the reason I prefer Holmes is indeed because he would be cheaper, but I also don't like the fact that Saric was an inefficient scorer (.411 FG%, .311 3FG%, .508 TS%). I think Holmes could be a solid player on a good team, but to me Saric just screams a good player on bad teams.

Side note: I honestly think I got about as much joy watching the 76ers this year as I did the Pacers. Robert Covington is one of my favorite NBA players and I like watching a guy like TJ McConnell have some success, not to mention watching Embiid was fun while it lasted. Seeing a young, scrappy team play hard and begin to learn how to win, and even win over the city was awesome!
    Last edited by TheDavisBrothers; 05-08-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Personally, I wouldn't mind shipping Al or Monta along with a 1st to Orlando in a deal the gets us Terrance Ross. He's young, athletic and can score. He's pretty much PG-lite and would be a perfect fit next to PG.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't mind shipping Al or Monta along with a 1st to Orlando in a deal the gets us Terrance Ross. He's young, athletic and can score. He's pretty much PG-lite and would be a perfect fit next to PG.
    I don't think Terrence Ross is good. Certainly not worth our first round pick.

Personally, I'm against tacking a first round pick with one of those two guys to get them off the team. Their contracts aren't that long and we really need to stop trading young cheap talent away for vets we have to pay.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Some Guy

Sports Logo

What is with you people and your hatred for first round picks, why must we never have young players on great contracts!? NO! JUST NO! There will be no more giving away first rounders for meh players!

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    What is with you people and your hatred for first round picks, why must we never have young players on great contracts!? NO! JUST NO! There will be no more giving away first rounders for meh players!
    Especially this year. Young and Niang are really eating up roster space. Get some athletic defenders this year to take their place.
    There is a good player waiting for the Pacers this year and also in the second round.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I don't think Terrence Ross is good. Certainly not worth our first round pick.

Personally, I'm against tacking a first round pick with one of those two guys to get them off the team. Their contracts aren't that long and we really need to stop trading young cheap talent away for vets we have to pay.
    If we can't trade Al, we should stretch him. By my calculations, that would cost us about $2.75 million per year but it would clear up $7 million for this year.

If we can't trade Monta, we should bite the bullet and keep him until the end of the regular season, then cut him.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:

Why do you love picks so much? I mean I understand a top 10 pick or maybe top 15 but after that? not so much.

And we have young players under great contracts but they suck a**
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Why do you love picks so much? I mean I understand a top 10 pick or maybe top 15 but after that? not so much.

I forgot, where was Ellis drafted.... anyone remember?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Jose Slaughter For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    The main problem with deals like that is it still leaves the team with the weaknesses it currently has. It doesn't help with rebounding, defense, or having a physical presence down low.

I'd rather the team address those issues than just duplicate what they already have.

Some Guy

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

My basic understanding of opportunity cost causes me to love picks. If you can get a player who can contribute even 10 minutes a night for a rookie scale contract, that frees up $5-15M on an impact player. It's not terribly complicated.

Thad Young: 12M
    Caris Levert: 1.5M

I don't think Thad Young by himself is worth 10.5M more than Caris, let alone whatever you do with that freed up 10.5M dollars. Hell, you free up that 10M, don't pay fatty his 10M, and now you're shopping for a top tier player. For a team like the Pacers to compete it's going to require being very careful about how you spend your cap. Players on their first contract is the single greatest way to optimize talent per dollar spent.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:

My basic understanding of opportunity cost causes me to love picks. If you can get a player who can contribute even 10 minutes a night for a rookie scale contract, that frees up $5-15M on an impact player. It's not terribly complicated.

Thad Young: 12M
    Caris Levert: 1.5M

I don't think Thad Young by himself is worth 10.5M more than Caris, let alone whatever you do with that freed up 10.5M dollars. Hell, you free up that 10M, don't pay fatty his 10M, and now you're shopping for a top tier player. For a team like the Pacers to compete it's going to require being very careful about how you spend your cap. Players on their first contract is the single greatest way to optimize talent per dollar spent.

Yeah but there is still an amount that you have to spend, also PG is not staying around until Caris Levert or whoever develops into something.

Now if this team had a top 10 pick I agree with you.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Some Guy

Sports Logo

I don't especially care about making Paul George happy, I'm a Pacer fan. Grasping at straws to make him happy when there's a 0% chance to win a title with that strategy isn't what I'm about.

No amount of trading first rounders for middling players causes this team to beat Cleveland, let alone the Warriors, and there's nothing Paul George can do about that.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post: