Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

  1. #1
    canyoufeelit
    Guest

    Default OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    Title says it all. I really wonder how the heck this is going to turn out

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    Thanks for the headsup, I'll be sure to set it to record.

  3. #3
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,978

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    It has beena long day, what is OTL

  4. #4

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    12:40 AM?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  5. #5
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,978

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    Thanks. W

  6. #6
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,968

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    My first thought was, "Why in the hell are the Pacers letting Ron do this while we're playing Detroit?"

    But then it occurred to me. Do we know when this interview is from? I wouldn't be surprised if it was even taped a long time ago, when the Pacers thought it'd be good PR to get Ron reinstated. But ESPN screwed them by holding it until it'd play into their sensationalism.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  7. #7
    canyoufeelit
    Guest

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    No, it's Jim Grey and it just happened this week because he mentioned the Boston series and talked a little about game 1 vs. Detroit in the teaser SportsCenter showed

  8. #8
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,585
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    I saw the interview on sportscenter at 5PM today, not sure if it was the whole interview, it is a brand new interview though. I saved it, maybe I can upload it later.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  9. #9
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    In the distinctive dialect of Reg8345 (come back soon, kid!):

    Ron can all he want it don't mean nothin.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  10. #10
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,585
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ron can all he want it don't mean nothin.
    Kinda like you then.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  11. #11
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    So... Ron was interviewed twice today?

    Anybody record this one?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. #12
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    Its the same interview they just showed it on ESPNews first.

  13. #13
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the distinctive dialect of Reg8345 (come back soon, kid!):

    Ron can all he want it don't mean nothin.
    Whatever, when he says good things you say it doesnt matter when he says something bad you are all over his ***.

  14. #14
    Pacers fan in FL Deadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    1,945

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    Is anyone going to record and upload this?

  15. #15
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As opposed to others who "ignore" when he scres up, but "kiss ***" when he does good
    Which nobody here does. Everybody is admitting when he does poorly.

    But you'll never admit when he does something well.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  16. #16
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2. I wasnt even talking about you. I was more or less refering to other posters, but if you want to make it personel, point out one time when I have "failed to admit" when he does good. I just get real tired of the bad.
    Well, I haven't seen the interview, but he evidently said something good and you said "blah blah blah." Based on that, I assumed. But if you say I'm wrong, then fair enough. My mistake.

    Wait... what if I defended myself by saying "you" was plural for all y'all that drink the haterade?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  17. #17
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whatever, when he says good things you say it doesnt matter when he says something bad you are all over his ***.


    I actually pointed out something I liked out of his last GQ article, and I didn't see it as negative, initially, as some others did.

    But in the end, I'm taking an "I'll believe it when I see it" stance here. Ron is working his *** off to improve his 'rep', and he could easily be blowing us a lot of crap here.

    But, I'm not going to completely ignore what he is saying, either. I plan on watching the entire interview on OTL, and will be searching intently for any clues to whether he truly might be a changed man.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  18. #18

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    If it is ET, why isn't it on yet?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  19. #19
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,004

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    Baseball Tonight is running late.

  20. #20
    Jesus Shuttlesworth
    Guest

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    So they haven't shown it yet?

  21. #21
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,476

    Default Re: OTL Nightly 12:40 ET - First formal Artest interview

    It has been shown just now....
    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •