Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PACERS PLAYOFF PARTY - This Friday after the game

Default Re: PACERS PLAYOFF PARTY - This Friday after the game

Don't believe I'll make it - I'd have to bring my "smooth" clothes and change in the car and besides - over the past few year my body type has changed from smooth to lumpy.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Just a word of warning. A few years ago we had some major problems at Industry with fights and reputed weapons. We had quite a few of our eastside and near westside gangbangers hanging out there. I'm sure they've cleaned up their act by now, since Pacers are in the mix, but just a word of warning...just in case any of you are serious about going.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Son of a...

I have to work.

If it were after Sunday's game, I'd be able to make it.

woman without a team

Well, at least the Pistons can't claim there's nothing to do while they're stuck in Indy. At least they didn't invite Ben Wallace. We already know he likes to cause trouble at Indy clubs.

I may be sounding corney but two things come to mind:

1. A team is going to lose and will the losing team still want to go to a party?

2. Aren't players focused on "just basketball" and wouldn't go to a party after a game?

With all due respect, if our players are going to parties after a playoff game, their focus is not where it should be. Social life should take a back seat-but maybe that's just me not understanding the NBA lifestyle.

Oh, and FYI to all those under 21, PB stated above that you must be 21 to attend. And he put that in here twice. Wow. The only exception to that rule in Indiana would be if you were working with a group that was providing entertainment-and my guess is you aren't-so you cannot go.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

1. A team is going to lose and will the losing team still want to go to a party?

2. Aren't players focused on "just basketball" and wouldn't go to a party after a game?

With all due respect, if our players are going to parties after a playoff game, their focus is not where it should be. Social life should take a back seat-but maybe that's just me not understanding the NBA lifestyle.
    BigMac, secretly I agree with you, but I didn't want to come acorss as a fuddy-duddy so I'm keeping my mouth shut.

Oh, and FYI to all those under 21, PB stated above that you must be 21 to attend. And he put that in here twice. Wow. The only exception to that rule in Indiana would be if you were working with a group that was providing entertainment-and my guess is you aren't-so you cannot go.
    Well, going to late night parties is pretty normal. Kind of hard to tell young (20-35-year old) millionaires not to have a night life. And yes, once the game's over it's over - they'll go out win or lose. Might be different after an elimination game.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    Well, going to late night parties is pretty normal. Kind of hard to tell young (20-35-year old) millionaires not to have a night life.
    In my never ending quest to become the most nit-pickiest poster I'd like to point out that Dale is 36 and Reggie is 39. Rasheed just gets buy becasue he won't be 31 until Septemeber.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm with ya all the way, sorta busts the rivalry balloon.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    In my never ending quest to become the most nit-pickiest poster I'd like to point out that Dale is 36 and Reggie is 39. Rasheed just gets buy becasue he won't be 31 until Septemeber.
    Back in my younger days I don't ever remember seeing Reggie out around town. DD, AD, Mark Jackson, Heywoode and a few others were regulars - used to almost be able to count on seeing them at Champs on weekends during non-game nights.

Yes, you aren't understanding the NBA lifestyle! I personally know of a certain Pacer who was out drinking after thefinal Celtics loss, then spent the next few hours getting higher than he thought humanly possible. This went on late evening, early morning, yet somehow he managed to drag himself to practice around 9:00 a.m. He as so pissed about the loss, I think it was his way of blowing off steam.

Course if we won, I'm pretty confident he would have done the same thing as a way to celebrate. lol!

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    Yes, you aren't understanding the NBA lifestyle! I personally know of a certain Pacer who was out drinking after thefinal Celtics loss, then spent the next few hours getting higher than he thought humanly possible. This went on late evening, early morning, yet somehow he managed to drag himself to practice around 9:00 a.m. He as so pissed about the loss, I think it was his way of blowing off steam.

Course if we won, I'm pretty confident he would have done the same thing as a way to celebrate. lol!
    Let me guess . . . Was it Edwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli
    Let me guess . . . Was it Edwards?
    I've got a guess but for Stephen Jackson's sake, I'll keep it to myself

woman without a team

Since Skaut Ech didn't say it was actual team member I'd bet money that it was Larry Bird.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Son of a...

I have to work.

If it were after Sunday's game, I'd be able to make it.
    Hey, are liquor sales still banned on Sunday in Indiana?

Thought you had to be a restaurant to serve and all package stores were closed. Hence a Friday party.

Me, when the NFL is comin on, I just head on down to the corner store and buy whatever I want.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Lets get it started!

So how was it?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

My guess is Paul B's wake-up won't be for a few more hours yet.

If I'd gotten to my truck in time to hear the LB/Carlisle post-game exchange I might've headed there myself - even though I had to come into work for a few hours this morning (almost done!!!).

pb777

Was cool last night. Lots of pretty girls out

Overall attendance was down a little due to the damn rain, but it was a good time and eveyone there had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    My guess is Paul B's wake-up won't be for a few more hours yet.

If I'd gotten to my truck in time to hear the LB/Carlisle post-game exchange I might've headed there myself - even though I had to come into work for a few hours this morning (almost done!!!).

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    Hey, are liquor sales still banned on Sunday in Indiana?

Thought you had to be a restaurant to serve and all package stores were closed. Hence a Friday party.

Me, when the NFL is comin on, I just head on down to the corner store and buy whatever I want.
    Indiana made some change in the liquor laws. I believe if you fork over the money for a Sunday license then you can be open on Sundays without a restaurant. I don't know the specifics of it and whether it allows 'every' Sunday or if there is a limited number it allows you to open. The key word is 'money'. Spend money, get Sunday license.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden