Thread: This team is Selfish!

JustDuck

Default This team is Selfish!

I haven't had a chance to watch the Pacers much this year but have seen a couple playoff games.....i've been a big Pacer fan since Jermaine Oneal left portland and i think it's remarkable what they have accomplished this year. That said, and I hate to say it but these guys are selfish.

Pass the ball!!!!

Sjack, is only looking to jack up shots, that's it. Watch how many times he has the opportunity to make the extra pass and he just sits there and plays one-on-one. PASS THE BALL sjack! It's almost as if he doesn't want other people to get the glory so he hogs the ball and fires up shots so he gets his.

Tins.....good lord son. Your on a fast break w/Freddie filling the lane....you know the Freddie who won the dunk contest.... and you decide to take it to the hole yourself. Why not, throw it up to Freddie for a sweet lil ally oop facial on Ben Wallace....it's plays like that that will turn these games around momentum wise.

sorry, had to vent.....Go Pacers!

Sports Logo

Default Re: This team is Selfish!

So what was that you were saying again?

3ptmiller

Exactly how i feel!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Taking a few bad shots is a loooooooonnnng way from being selfish, this team is NOT selfish!
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Sometimes they are, sometimes they're not. When they don't play selfishly they generally do very well. You'd think they'd take the hint.

IndyToad
    Born in the mountains, stored in Nebraska

Are you saying Jamaal Tinsley is selfish? Cause if you are then you should take a nap

WEST

I don't know how a selfish team could accomplish everything they have through all the adversity this season.

I agree we should of blown out the Pistons tonight.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JustDuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't had a chance to watch the Pacers much this year but have seen a couple playoff games.....

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by JustDuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't had a chance to watch the Pacers much this year but have seen a couple playoff games.....
    Maybe writerman has come back to visit.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

To be honest, during the first half last night I also felt like we were setting up too many isolations and not doing them well. This lead to too many contested shots. It changed after halftime.

To a certain extent, any ball-handler who thinks he is capable of taking over a game will be seen as selfish.

If that player _does_ manage to take over the game, everyone will talk about how valuable he is.

If that player does _not_ manage to take over the game, everyone will look at him as selfish.

The line is the point at which the player decides to make himself the second option. No top player really thinks he will miss his next shot, so this is a very difficult decision. It is also very subjective and extremely vulnerable to second-guessing.

This, I think, is a coaching issue - the coach needs to call a timeout or go into halftime and let the player in question know that the approach needs to change.

Some players listen, some do not.

In general, I think our players listen. I think SJax has a tendency to try again anyway (as did Ron, and Reggie in the "pre-defer" days). I think JO has little choice because his passing out of the doubleteam is often iffy.

The most important thing the team should get out of last night's game is the clear and compelling difference between sharing the ball and trying to take over - that even when desperately behind, sharing the ball will get better results than an individual trying to take over.

Then, of course, we will whine and complain about how we have no one willing to "put the team on their shoulders and take over the game", but hey - that's what fans do.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh