Thread: Best Rotation?

Default Best Rotation?

I live overseas & rarely get to watch games, & I am more familiar with box scores than "how" players actually play on the court.

So, what would be the best roatation to throw against the Pistons. From what I read & hear on this site & in articles is that Reggie just can't keep
    up with Rip & any attempt to switch him off onto Prince would be a post-up disaster for the Blue & Gold.

So, would moving James Jones higher into the rotation (like a 6th man)
    help matters out at all? He comes in for Reggie yet matches up with
    Prince (he has the height & length...ability?) & Jax could match up with
    Rip.

Should Reggie's minutes be allotted differently in this series than how they
    usually are?

Does Pollard fit in anywhere? He recieved praise here & there throughout
    the season for his contributions. Any player who's willing to body Shaq
    should get some minutes against Big Ben--at least he could block out!

Anyway, I'm looking for replies...will be listening to Slick & Mark via the
    Internet tomorrow morning.

Thx,

Easy

Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar

Default Re: Best Rotation?

yea i would like to see pollard at least get in there, he doesn't take **** from from ****s like wallace and will get scrappy and boxout for sure...but his offensive game is..well...non existant

3ptmiller

Quote Originally Posted by Easy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I live overseas & rarely get to watch games, & I am more familiar with box scores than "how" players actually play on the court.

So, what would be the best roatation to throw against the Pistons. From what I read & hear on this site & in articles is that Reggie just can't keep
    up with Rip & any attempt to switch him off onto Prince would be a post-up disaster for the Blue & Gold.

So, would moving James Jones higher into the rotation (like a 6th man)
    help matters out at all? He comes in for Reggie yet matches up with
    Prince (he has the height & length...ability?) & Jax could match up with
    Rip.

Should Reggie's minutes be allotted differently in this series than how they
    usually are?

Does Pollard fit in anywhere? He recieved praise here & there throughout
    the season for his contributions. Any player who's willing to body Shaq
    should get some minutes against Big Ben--at least he could block out!

Anyway, I'm looking for replies...will be listening to Slick & Mark via the
    Internet tomorrow morning.

Thx,

Easy
    Actually Reggie keeped up with RIP very good, its just that they didnt played Reggie on offense, they totally forgot him... they didnt even pass him so much , instead they went for JO and JAX who shot like 5 of 20 attempts i think. I hope we see more screen plays & passes for Reggie in Game 2, we need to get him involved... thats all!

I don't think Pollard will be of much help in this series. He's not quick enough to deal with the Pistons frontline.

Bringing JJ in early and playing him with Jax is worth taking a look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    I don't think Pollard will be of much help in this series. He's not quick enough to deal with the Pistons frontline.
    No? I thought he looked a lot more agile than Dale out there...
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

More Foster. When he's not on the floor, Big Ben eats everything that comes off the rim or backboard.

I seem to remember Pollard looking OK the final reg season Piston game.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Too bad Harrison's not ready/ healthy/ on the playoff roster.

Neither Wallace is a "true center"; I'd love to be able to beat back on them.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    I seem to remember Pollard looking OK the final reg season Piston game.

-Bball
    Agree completely. Let's get Ben thrown out of Game 3.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I would definitely like to see more Pollard, but as long as we have a good set of offensive scorers around him. It isn't that I think Pollard is any better or worse than Dale or Foster, I just think that we need to throw every big guy that we have at the Pistons. Dale is probably our best bet underneath as long as he is fresh and rested, but right now, I think that Foster deserves more minutes. Jeff is just working his tail off, and he is getting good things in return.

If I were Carlisle I would reward playing time for whoever blocks out. We have a hard enough time as it is getting rebounds without putting a body on Ben Wallace. I would also consider offensive rebounds. I don't know what the stats were the other night, but Jeff usually seems to do very well with offensive boards.

If we continue to run our offense through three guys, which I don't recommend, then I would even consider going with a very big lineup. It would have to make sense from a matchup standpoint, but it would be interesting to experiment with a lineup that included Jermaine and two of our three big guys (Foster/Pollard/Davis). I certainly wouldn't go with this the entire game, but if Jermaine could get it going with his mid-range jumpshot and our guards could contribute from the outside, we would have a couple of big bodies to gobble up some rebounds underneath.

I don't think this is the optimal way to go, because it would be too easy for Detroit to defend us, and Brown could easily exploit matchup problems. However, if we are going to continue with "isolation hour," then it might not be that bad. At least we would have good interior defense and better rebounding. I don't think that Reggie would be on the floor with a lineup like this, but if Reggie isn't invovled on the offensive end, then I think he becomes a liability. He needs to be able to cancel out RIP.

I know that Carlisle as talked about running more of an uptempo game, but the only uptempo lineup I can envision would be Jax/Johnson/Fred Jones/James Jones/Jermaine O'neal (or Foster). Reggie and Dale would tire out, and Tinsley doesn't have his wind yet.

I am sort of thinking out loud with this post, but boy, our coaching staff really has its hands full. Probably the best way to pick the lock of Detroit's defense is outside shooting. Our Smits/Mullin/Rose/Perkins etc. team would have matched up well with the Pistons.
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar

yea, the 2000 team would have had a young dale davis which would have prevented a Ben Wallace outbreak unlike the new...or rather old DD did in game 1