Thread: Many Questions:

Default Many Questions:

First- No one else to blame but ourselves. We missed every freaking open jumper we had....everyone it seemed like. We made **** poor passes and our defense stunk!

1 pt loss or 30 pt loss....irrelevant...its one game and we play again Wed.

Now for the questions:

I heard Reggie in the post game recap and he talked about how the Pistons play man to man and we have to beat their man one on one. I don't get this, why not move the ball and find the open man? They can cheat on defense and we have nobody in rebounding position!?!

Why do teams always miss wide open jumpers against the Pistons??? Do they rush shots for fear of being blocked or what?

Why are the Pistons allowed more contact against the opposition than any other NBA team??? If Boston would have played that physical against us, they wouldn't have had any players left to finish the game!

Water

Default Re: Many Questions:

Quote Originally Posted by waterjater
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard Reggie in the post game recap and he talked about how the Pistons play man to man and we have to beat their man one on one. I don't get this, 1) why not move the ball and find the open man? They can cheat on defense and we have nobody in rebounding position!?!

2) Why do teams always miss wide open jumpers against the Pistons??? Do they rush shots for fear of being blocked or what?

3) Why are the Pistons allowed more contact against the opposition than any other NBA team??? If Boston would have played that physical against us, they wouldn't have had any players left to finish the game!

Water

I numbered your questions so they are easier to follow.

1) If no one is doubled teamed, if no one gets beat off the dribble, then logic will tell you that no one will be open. We know the Pistons won't double team, so in order to get someone open then you must beat your man off the dribble draw a defender and then nmove the ball.

My answer obviously begs the question, well what about running your offensive play, won't that get someone open. Hardly ever works against the Pistons because they are so good indiviadully on defense and as a team they are great. If you are going to try and run your offensive plays, execute your offense, then you have to be really patient and get to your 3rd and 4th option.

2) Yes that is partially it. The Pistons are so long and their big guys are so quick, you end up rushing.

3) I don't agree with your premise. But I'll say that refs know how teams play and allow you to play that way