View Poll Results: The most critical matchup in this series is:

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Point Guard

    5 17.24%
  • Shooting Guard

    10 34.48%
  • Small Forward

    4 13.79%
  • Power Forward

    2 6.90%
  • Center

    3 10.34%
  • Bench

    4 13.79%
  • Coach

    1 3.45%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 281

Thread: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

  1. #101
    Member Mr.ThunderMakeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    Whats worse is while the clock stopped, not only did we all see it at home, but all the fans in Detroit were yelling about it too, and the Refs STILL didnt see it somehow?

  2. #102
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,952

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    in all fairness, neither JO NOR RIP should have gotten a shot off. I know, I was counting.

    Pacers should be down 13 at the half, not 14. Neither shot should have counted.

    The reason they gave Rip his free throws, is because if they didn't, the Pistons would be the ones getting screwed. They'd be alloing one invalivd basket and dissallowing another one.

    As for the scoreboard guy, he's not employed by either team, so don't blame us....

    I agree he should be fired, unless there is something wrong with the clock.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  3. #103
    Grey
    Guest

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    The clock stopped when O'Neal had the ball. It restarted, but then it kept running after he scored.

  4. #104
    Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    708

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    i can see Stern laughing now as his diabloical plan to **** us over unfolds to the masses

  5. #105
    Member BostonConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)
    Posts
    4,694

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)


    HALFTIME TEAM STATISTICS
    -----------------------Pacers----------Pistons
    FG%---------------------40.0------------47.5
    3PT%--------------------25.0------------16.7
    FT%---------------------83.3------------81.3
    Turnovers----------------9---------------5
    Fast Break---------------4---------------8
    Biggest Lead-------------2--------------16
    Unanswered Pts-----------4---------------5
    Points in the Paint-----16--------------22
    Offensive Rebounds-------6---------------7
    Defensive Rebounds------13--------------16
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

  6. #106
    wallaceX2
    Guest

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    Even as a Pistons fan I'm annoyed this game has to be tainted like this. Pathetic officiating.

  7. #107
    ImCrazyB
    Guest

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The clock stopped when O'Neal had the ball. It restarted, but then it kept running after he scored.
    THERE WAS A 1 SECOND DIFFERENTIAL BETWEEN GAME AND SHOT CLOCK..WHERE DID THE 7 SECONDS COME FROM!?!

  8. #108
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    Come on guys, it's not like it matters. So we're gonna lose by 22 instead of 20. I mean, really, who cares?

    IndyToad
    Filled with protein

  9. #109
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN/New Paris, OH
    Age
    36
    Posts
    377

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    Well, we got two we shouldn't have got, and they got three they shouldn't, so we're only down one net point. Although I'm sure JO knew the clock wasn't running so he took his time. I tend to believe it's a malfunction or an accident, because it may happen once, but they wouldn't be dumb enough to do it twice on purpose.

  10. #110
    ImCrazyB
    Guest

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on guys, it's not like it matters. So we're gonna lose by 22 instead of 20. I mean, really, who cares?

    IndyToad
    Filled with protein
    It makes a pretty big difference. JO wont be able to be an aggressive defender and we are now down by 14 instead of 11.

  11. #111

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    indytoad, that was on top of all the BS fouls they called on our guys.

    I just dont know if i can even watch the rest of this game knowing its predetermined who is gonna win, and not by the players. Jeff VG is right about this league.

  12. #112
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    in all fairness, neither JO NOR RIP should have gotten a shot off. I know, I was counting.

    Pacers should be down 13 at the half, not 14. Neither shot should have counted.

    As for the scoreboard guy, he's not employed by either team, so don't blame us....

    I agree he should be fired, unless there is something wrong with the clock.
    The difference is JO was holding for the final shot. He would have had his shot off by whatever time the clock elapsed.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  13. #113
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on guys, it's not like it matters. So we're gonna lose by 22 instead of 20. I mean, really, who cares?

    IndyToad
    Filled with protein
    We?Since you are not a Pacers fan I guess you say we as in Pistons, and I guess I would be nice to win by 22.

  14. #114
    Grey
    Guest

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    Quote Originally Posted by ImCrazyB
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    THERE WAS A 1 SECOND DIFFERENTIAL BETWEEN GAME AND SHOT CLOCK..WHERE DID THE 7 SECONDS COME FROM!?!
    I'm not saying the officials made the right call. I'm just pointing out that the stopped clock wasn't the only error.

    It should've been running when the Pacers had the ball, and it should've stopped after O'Neal scored.

  15. #115
    Member BostonConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)
    Posts
    4,694

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    Foul Differential:
    :thepacers 12
    :thepiston 6

    FT Differential:
    :thepacers 5-6
    :thepiston 13-16
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

  16. #116
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    My point is, it's not like we were going to win the game anyway, no matter what Black Hole II does. We're blessed to be as close as we are.

    IndyToad
    Walking like a chicken

  17. #117
    ImCrazyB
    Guest

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My point is, it's not like we were going to win the game anyway, no matter what Black Hole II does. We're blessed to be as close as we are.

    IndyToad
    Walking like a chicken
    Your posts would be more appreciated over at IndyStar.

  18. #118
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,952

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The difference is JO was holding for the final shot. He would have had his shot off by whatever time the clock elapsed.
    Yeah, but he sure was able to take his sweet time to get a good shot.

    He was looking right at the shot clock. Watch the replay. He was able to get a better shot off, while Ben was looking the other way, and counting seconds in his head. Jermaine had a DISTINCT advantage.

    I wish we could go back and replay the last 23 seconds. Both teams we done a diservice.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  19. #119
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,144

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    JO would of had that shot off before the buzzer. His shot would of counted.

  20. #120
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    3 extra points and an extra foul on Jermaine......

    BIG difference....the clock would've ran out after Detroit's rebound of JO's missed shot, end of half, us down 11 with JO only having 2 fouls....

    Playoff basketball, anything can happen. I count us out of NOTHING until the game is over.

    THAT WAS SOME MAJOR BULL***** any way you slice it.....

  21. #121
    Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    708

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    yea for sure it would have, shoulda been and 1 if you ask me

  22. #122
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I wish we could go back and replay the last 23 seconds. Both teams we done a diservice.
    I don't see how the Pistons were slighted there......

  23. #123
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,952

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonConnection
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Foul Differential:
    :thepacers 12
    :thepiston 6

    FT Differential:
    :thepacers 5-6
    :thepiston 13-16
    I really do think the officiating was good till the last minute. The Pacers had tired legs and playing defense with their elbows. They clearly were committing more fouls.

    Other than the touch foul Dice drew, I can't think of one single Pacer foul that wasn't blatent as hell.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  24. #124
    Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    708

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    yea right, the refs are calling all the ticky tack bull**** that indiana will never get in this series

  25. #125
    BabbleOn
    Guest

    Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

    How long has David Harrison been sporting a frohawk? Yeesh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •