2 6.90%
  • Center

3 10.34%
  • Bench

4 13.79%
  • Coach

1 3.45%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2005050908

• Detroit 96, Indiana 81

By LARRY LAGE, AP Sports Writer

AP - May 9, 10:27 pm EDT

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- No brawls or bomb scares. Just basketball.

Richard Hamilton scored 28 points and Ben Wallace had 21 points, 15 rebounds and four steals to lead Detroit to a 96-81 victory over Indiana on Monday night in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinal series.

The Pacers' two previous road games against the Pistons were marred by the infamous melee -- which started on the court, spilled into the stands and went back onto the court -- and a phone threat of a bomb in Indiana's locker room, delaying the second game at The Palace by almost 90 minutes.

Game 2 in the best-of-seven series is Wednesday night.

Just like both teams predicted, they were able to play without unusual distractions.

Indiana's Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O'Neal, suspended for 30 and 15 games, respectively, for their roles in the brawl, were booed louder than the rest of their teammates during pregame introductions and sometimes when they had the ball.

That seemed to be the only carry-over from the regular-season matchups in suburban Detroit.

Indiana scored the first basket, then fell behind and couldn't do much about it.

O'Neal had a great start, then cooled down, finishing with 22 points. Jackson didn't score until early in the second quarter and finished with 15 points. Both players signed autographs for fans before the game.

The Pacers' Ron Artest, suspended for the rest of the season for his part in the brawl, is expected to practice with his teammates when they return to Indianapolis. Reggie Miller, who plans to retire after the season, scored just six points -- nearly 10 below his playoff average -- and struggled to stay with Hamilton. Jamaal Tinsley added 13 points for the Pacers.

Detroit's Chauncey Billups and Rasheed Wallace each scored 11 points.
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats how we did it in the old days.....used to be, teams never got more than 1 day off EVER in the playoffs, unless one team got finished with a series early.

If you want more rest, finish your series earlier. Thats why back in the day, you'd never see a #8 seed or #7 seed win a single GAME.
    Yup. It's much better this way. Last year, the Pistons and Nets waited FOUR days between Game 6 & Game 7, which is ridiculous. I really like the way they've set up the schedule for the playoff thus far.

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Exclamation Re: 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    Well, I was waiting for this thread to get started to post this.

I really think the Pacers will win tonight. In fact, I'll be really surprised if the Pistons do end up pulling out the victory. And I'm not trying to jinx anyone.

I'm not predicting a Pacers victory in the series necessarily, just in tonight's game.

We'll see what happens.
    We get jinxed by shags again!!!
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BostonConnection
    We get jinxed by shags again!!!
    I did predict in another thread that it would either be a Pacers win or a Pistons blowout (10 + points). I just picked the wrong one.

And WAY wrong you were!

If the Pacer's had won...then you would have been WAY right.

I'm not sure whether to pick the Shooting Guard or the Post Match-ups
    b/c you have Rip and Reggie, Rip in his prime, but he uses all of Reggie's moves

and

you have the Wallaces against JO and Dale, now even though I love Dale, and always will, he doesn't show up all the time.

tough call