Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: F'N A

  1. #1
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: F'N A

    Another rookie mistake.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  2. #2
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: F'N A

    Jay... your sig is getting stale...
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,143

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: F'N A

    True fans will find a way to watch the game. For instance, I play softball at my base every Monday and Wednesday night. Last week was cool, because the games were on Tues and Thurs, but this week I'm not so lucky. I have to be at work at 10:30 at night, the softball game started at 8:00 and the Pacers game started at 5:00. I have to leave my house at 7:00, so that gives me two hours to watch the Pacers which puts me at the start of the fourth. I throw in a tape and head off to the game and before anybody can speak to me I tell all of them to keep their mouths shut because I'm taping it (because I'm one of few Pacer fans here in Tucson and everybody likes to rag on them). . Since the games at 8:00 and it last an hour, I got home at 9:30. I have to leave at 10:00 to be at work by 10:30. So I hopped in and out of the shower, watched the game (4th qtr) while I was getting dressed (fast-forwarding through commercials and free-throws) and I was done, dressed and ready to go to work with 5 minutes to spare. Kissed the wife good-bye, grabbed my food and smokes and was at work with 5 minutes to spare. What sucked is that I live 25-30 minutes away so in doing this, I stocked up the miles on my truck.

    But it was all worth it.

    (If you read this, and understood it.........then I'm proud of you)

  4. #4
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: F'N A

    If your friend doesn't want to sit in a hotel room to watch your team play I suggest one of the following:

    a) Truthfully tell her, "No problem, [insert appropriate endearing name here]. Let's just go out for the evening." It won't be your fault when you pick a bar that just happens to be showing the game.

    b) Suggest that she go shopping by herself. Remind her that when she tries to shop with you you just slow her down.

    c) If a and b don't work promise to do whatever she wants all day Saturday. If she still balks promise to do something nice for her when you get home.

    Upon your arrival back in VA if a, b, and c were all busts drop her like a ton of bricks and tell her not to come back until she can appreciate basketball and how much it means to you.

    Lastly, keep in mind that when you get home Sunday night there is a possibility that the Pacers will have been swept (don't kill me, it is a possibility) and you might need her for comfort.

    You know her better than I do. You'll know what will work.

  5. #5
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,436

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: F'N A

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks Grace. I know it sounds messed up, but I think I may go with plan "B".

    Good point on the last one. but can you really "drop" a friend?......................
    A true friend will do things you want to do as well. But then she may drop you as a friend!

  6. #6
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: F'N A

    I still say I wish I had more friends like your friend, that took their top off in abandon parking lots with me, shared hotel rooms in Florida with me, and didn't you say you fooled around?

    Jesus. I need better friends.


  7. #7
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: F'N A

    My brain made that part up it seems.

    The rest of my point still stands!

  8. #8
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: F'N A

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just in case you were wondering, it looks like I have got promoted from "friend" status to "boyfriend" status.....................
    Monday let us know if you're still a boyfriend, back to just a friend, or kicked to the curb for liking baskeball better than her.

  9. #9
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: F'N A

    Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Monday let us know if you're still a boyfriend, back to just a friend, or kicked to the curb for liking baskeball better than her.

    .... or eloped.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  10. #10
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: F'N A

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .... or eloped.
    That's an interesting way of getting her to agree to let him watch the games.

  11. #11
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,719

    Default Re: F'N A

    Repeat after me.

    I will never again schedule any activities that could possibly force me to miss a Pacers playoff game.

    Tell friends and family, that yes my calendar is completely booked from April 20th through June 20th.

  12. #12
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: F'N A

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Repeat after me.

    I will never again schedule any activities that could possibly force me to miss a Pacers playoff game.

    Tell friends and family, that yes my calendar is completely booked from April 20th through June 20th.
    No.

    Women are always > sports. Always.

    Well, women you have romantic interest in, anyhow. The other types are debatable.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  13. #13
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: F'N A

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Repeat after me.

    I will never again schedule any activities that could possibly force me to miss a Pacers playoff game.

    Tell friends and family, that yes my calendar is completely booked from April 20th through June 20th.
    I'm in a world of "trouble" next week, assuming we can figure out how to win this seriers.

    If there's a Game 7 of this series, I'm going to have to pull over in Iowa or Nebraska Sunday afternoon, find a sports bar, and watch the game.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  14. #14
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: F'N A

    Your rookie mistake was telling us this story in the first place.

    My vacation, that we originally were taking during the last week of the regular season, is probably going to be next week.

    I talked to somebody that would know, and Games #3 and #4 are over Memorial Day, "Just like old times" so I'm hoping I have to change the end of the trip around a little bit to be in Indy on Memorial Day.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •