Thread: McHale is getting desperate

Default McHale is getting desperate

cleek

McHale doing back Flip

Although they were almost always painted as good friends because they played college ball together, Flip Saunders didn't have that close of a relationship with Minnesota VP Kevin McHale when Saunders coached the Timberwolves for the past decade. Now, whatever friendship the two had promises to become strained, if not completely lost.

McHale has quietly sent out word that he wants draft choices from the next team that hires Saunders. McHale thinks that Minnesota is entitled to compensation because Saunders had a year left on his contract when he was fired this season.

But Saunders thinks he should be free to coach elsewhere and reportedly is miffed by McHale's demands. Saunders believes it will cause teams to drop him from consideration. Saunders interviewed for the Cleveland job, which was a natural since he was born there and still has family living there. But if he doesn't end up coaching LeBron James, it won't be because of the compensation issue.

Sources say that Saunders came away from talks with Dan Gilbert thinking that the new Cavs owner has a lot to learn and whomever he hires is going to have to endure some growing pains. That's the same impression that Jackson got when he talked to Gilbert, prompting Jackson to cross the Cavs off his list, too.

You fire the guy largely because the players you recruited to win a title were behaving like self centered a$$holes. Now he wants compensation for his short-sightedness. Thats comedy gold

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: McHale is getting desperate

That is ridiculously absurd. What a maroon.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Hey McHale - COMPENSATE THIS -
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

woman without a team

Maybe Flip should demand more money from the T-Wolves. Obviously McHale thinks they still have rights to him so why shouldn't he demand more money. Minnesota is going to have a really hard time finding a coach now because who in their right mind would want to work for someone who would demand draft picks for someone he fired.

I discussed this with grace yesterday. Why in the hell does McHale think he can do this? Is he off his meds, or something? If you fire somebody, that's it, game over. Moron.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I discussed this with grace yesterday. Why in the hell does McHale think he can do this? Is he off his meds, or something? If you fire somebody, that's it, game over. Moron.
    They didn't fire him, actually. They re-assigned him, although I don't think he's actually done anything for Minnesota since he stopped coaching.

Still, pretty low move by McHale.

woman without a team

Then the next coach they hire should have something in his contract stating he can't get reasigned without him agreeing to it.

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

McHale's a joke - it obviously wasn't the coaching - look @ McHale's coaching record.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Graywolf_59

McHale need's a (Serious) meeting with Larry Bird on Management of a group of Employee's!If it can be arranged...I hope Kevin can get a couple of year's off from his job for the 1st phase of this course.....McHale could be a General Study's Major in 8 years?

With the exception of Garnett, whom I love, I wish nothing but ill fortunes upon the wolves simmply for being an incompetently run organization. McHale is a goof of the highest degree. If they would have simply cleaned house with the stable of preening, self important head cases on their roster and kept Sanders, I'd have a ton more respect for them. Sterling and the Wolves organization are masetrs of making bad moves and striving for desrutuction. At least Sterling is up front about it.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Saunders is still employed by the Timbewolves. He was re-assigned, not 'fired' - by design.

McHale isn't off his rocker for wanting compensation, but I'm not sure anybody is going to pay it or even want to negotiate it. So for that, McHale has already accomplished exactly what he wants... nobody is going to get into serious talks with Flip this summer.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    Saunders is still employed by the Timbewolves. He was re-assigned, not 'fired' - by design.

McHale isn't off his rocker for wanting compensation, but I'm not sure anybody is going to pay it or even want to negotiate it. So for that, McHale has already accomplished exactly what he wants... nobody is going to get into serious talks with Flip this summer.
    That's all well and good but anyone with half a brain isn't going to want to work for runs a team that way.

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    That's all well and good but anyone with half a brain isn't going to want to work for runs a team that way.
    Yep. Now rumor is they might actually re-sign Spree, which is insane. I can see Minnesota fast becoming Toronto. Nobody wants to coach there because of ****ty management, and KG forces a trade like Vince.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!