Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 571

Thread: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

  1. #51

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Anyways, at least Pacers never lost this bad

  2. #52
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,959

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "The best defensive rebounding shooting guard in the league?" Is that a real title?

    Has anyone ever tried ranking all the shooting guards by how well they defensively rebounded?
    I think he meant the best defender and rebounder, could be wrong though.

  3. #53
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,938

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get it. I'm not telling you what to think.

    But to act as if people are nuts for thinking Lance could be a solid player here, after averaging 16,3,5 in a playoff series (although a competitive sweep) vs the champs, is silly.

    Pritchard just called him "the best defensive rebounding shooting guard in the league." I'm not saying he's right, but people only commenting to essentially say Lance fans are idiots is a bit much.
    Well he's definitely wrong. AB holds that title (A silly one but whatever)

    Lance couldn't find minutes on a team that won 31 games and had about 76 injured players.

  4. #54
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,938

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he meant the best defender and rebounder, could be wrong though.
    LOL and that's your new GM?

  5. #55

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he meant the best defender and rebounder, could be wrong though.
    Really man, even you are grasping for straws if you think Lance is a really good defending shooting guard

  6. #56
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,959

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really man, even you are grasping for straws if you think Lance is a really good defending shooting guard
    Reading comprehension guys, not saying Lance is that good. Merely saying it's okay for fans to think Lance can contribute on a playoff team.

  7. #57
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you argue against him being almost out of the league...I just find it amusing people think Lance is some kind of star in this league. He is at best a poor man's Ginaboli, best comparison for him is Jamal Crawford when he was young,
    For the Pacers he plays like a star. I am curious to see if he can bring even more next year.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:


  9. #58
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,959

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well he's definitely wrong. AB holds that title (A silly one but whatever)

    Lance couldn't find minutes on a team that won 31 games and had about 76 injured players.
    AB sure does, not the point. Also nobody said Lance didn't have trouble on other teams.

  10. #59
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    33,027

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reading comprehension guys, not saying Lance is that good. Merely saying it's okay for fans to think Lance can contribute on a playoff team.
    I think Spike Albrect can contribute on a playoff team by carrying the luggage. What's the standard there? What does that even mean?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  11. #60
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    33,027

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the Pacers he plays like a star.
    For future reference, these are the posts I'm talking about when I say this gets me through the misery of the offseason.

    Ballpark, how many stars in the NBA would you say have a PER of roughly 10?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  12. #61
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,959

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Spike Albrect can contribute on a playoff team by carrying the luggage. What's the standard there? What does that even mean?
    Lol, if you don't know that terminology you can google the phrase for NBA players. But I'll help you out, when someone says a "contributor on a playoff team" or even a contender, it means a player can make a meaningful impact on a winning team.


  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:


  14. #62
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    33,027

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol, if you don't know that terminology you can google the phrase for NBA players. But I'll help you out, when someone says a "contributor on a playoff team" or even a contender, it means a player can make a meaningful impact on a winning team.

    Define "meaningful impact." Where is the substance? All I'm getting is platitudes.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  15. #63
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Each game like this is going to make the Pacers look better. Maybe the close losses were not an illusion
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:


  17. #64
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Each game like this is going to make the Pacers look better. Maybe the close losses were not an illusion
    The Cavs are playing down to all of their opponents. We saw how well they could play on offense when they cranked it up. It was way better than the Pacers would be able to play. These are just warm up games until they face the Warriors.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  18. #65
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just enjoy reacting to it. He's not my problem. I'm not the one bringing him up.

    It's hard to resist poking fun at a guy that had both feet out of the NBA what, a month ago? It's like the parent that keeps telling everyone how awesome her kid is when in reality her kid kinda sucks. You don't blame the kid for that but it's hard not to giggle at the parent.
    That "kid" is the reason the Pacers sniffed the playoffs this year, and was their second best player or third in it.

    I find it considerably difficult to not poke fun at some who said that "kid" would be playing in China, especially since he may well start and is probably going to be the second best player on the team next year.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  19. #66
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    33,027

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That "kid" is the reason the Pacers sniffed the playoffs this year, and was their second best player or third in it.

    I find it considerably difficult to not poke fun at some who said that "kid" would be playing in China, especially since he may well start and is probably going to be the second best player on the team next year.
    Nobody is hoping more than I that Lance starts next season and is the focal point of the offense. There is no Lance like unshackled Lance.

    Sorry UB. I'll send you a card.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  20. #67
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,959

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Define "meaningful impact." Where is the substance? All I'm getting is platitudes.
    It's not worth anymore time, you're being obtuse. I understand, you like make fun of Lance because as you said it's all you have in your "miserable offseason."

  21. #68
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    33,027

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not worth anymore time, you're being obtuse. I understand, you like make fun of Lance because as you said it's all you have in your "miserable offseason."
    All I asked for was some substance to hang your argument on instead of vague platitudes like "he makes an impact." That's all anyone ever has with Lance, because his numbers are cringe-worthy and so are his intangibles.

    To be fair, I knew was never going to get a real answer. I'll take the blame for this one.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  22. #69
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,959

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All I asked for was some substance to hang your argument on instead of vague platitudes like "he makes an impact." That's all anyone ever has with Lance, because his numbers are cringe-worthy and so are his intangibles.

    To be fair, I knew was never going to get a real answer. I'll take the blame for this one.
    I gave you numbers. And I assumed you've watched his time as a Pacer, now and then. Why waste my time explaining what you know? Lance has been a key cog on a contender and this year he averaged 16/3/5 w/ the 2nd best TS% among Pacers that played all 4 games.

    It's just as ridiculous for you to say Lance has never been good, as it is for other posters to say he's a star.

    For the record, I'm not one of posters clammoring for him to start at point. I have no high hopes of Lance being a star, but he has shown something as a Pacer.
    Last edited by freddielewis14; 05-01-2017 at 11:30 PM.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:


  24. #70
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    33,027

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I gave you numbers. And I assumed you've watched his time as a Pacer, now and then. Why waste my time explaining what you know? Lance has been a key cog on a contender and this year he averaged 16/3/5 w/ the 2nd best TS% among Pacers that played all 4 games.
    You're talking about the series against a team that doesn't even pretend to play defense in which his team got swept, right?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  25. #71
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,959

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're talking about the series against a team that doesn't even pretend to play defense in which his team got swept, right?
    Okay, nm. The games, stats, scores don't count, forgot.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:


  27. #72
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    33,027

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, nm. The games, stats, scores don't count, forgot.
    I don't know what you want me to say. You gave me a 4-game sample size against a poor defensive team that ended with a 4-0 sweep. I don't know what's substantial about that, measured against his entire career up to this point.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  28. #73
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,959

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what you want me to say. You gave me a 4-game sample size against a poor defensive team that ended with a 4-0 sweep. I don't know what's substantial about that.
    I said his time as a Pacer, now and then. You don't have to say anything. He played well his short time here and played well his last season here. It doesn't make much sense, but he seems to be a better player here.

    To say that Pacers shouldn't be happy with a 4 mill investment doing what he did over 10 games is silly. It's 4 mill to an energy rotational player at the least, anything else is gravy, what's wrong with being excited about that?
    Last edited by freddielewis14; 05-01-2017 at 11:39 PM.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:


  30. #74
    Member Ichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Shenzhen, China
    Posts
    1,648

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    People can make fun of Lance if they want to, but the dude has put up real numbers in playoffs during his last two (the most recent one being very short and hard to judge) stints with the Pacers. Who cares what he did on other teams if he's playing well now, in a Pacers jersey.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ichi For This Useful Post:


  32. #75
    Member Ichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Shenzhen, China
    Posts
    1,648

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said his time as a Pacer, now and then. You don't have to say anything. He played well his short time here and played well his last season here. It doesn't make much sense, but he seems to be a better player here.

    To say that Pacers shouldn't be happy with a 4 mill investment doing what he did over 10 games is silly. It's 4 mill to an energy rotational player at the least, anything else is gravy, what's wrong with being excited about that?
    I wouldn't want people to be excited about anything if my team was about to give KCP the max.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •