Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
Results 551 to 571 of 571

Thread: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

  1. #551
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    16,397

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In fact, the greatest factor we see today in terms of teams making the finals is where the best players decide to take their talents. Combine that with players who also recruit pieces and you may as well not consider it a league at all. It's a sham.
    Welcome to professional sports! The best players decide who win and who loses.

    The league would be extremely boring without FA

  2. #552
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    16,397

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Also who did Lebron "recruit" that signed in Cleveland?

  3. #553
    2017-18 Starting PG? BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    22,738

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also who did Lebron "recruit" that signed in Cleveland?
    That may well not be public information but let's not be naive. There is a reason several of his former team mates landed in Cleveland. He is into forming teams. I believe he recruited Korver though I don't have proof of that.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  4. #554
    2017-18 Starting PG? BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    22,738

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welcome to professional sports! The best players decide who win and who loses.

    The league would be extremely boring without FA
    Totally disagree that the league would be boring without free agency. The trades would be far, far more interesting than star players just signing with a super team. Zzzzz.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  5. #555
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    16,397

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That may well not be public information but let's not be naive. There is a reason several of his former team mates landed in Cleveland. He is into forming teams. I believe he recruited Korver though I don't have proof of that.
    How do you recruit someone that is traded? Again, you can't make a GM agree to the trade.

    And what teammates are you talking about? James Jones? Idk any other former teammates that are on the Cavs. You may be thinking things that aren't true

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  7. #556
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,258

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cleveland was built through drafts and trades that were in large part because they were so putrid without Lebron and piled up a bunch of draft picks. Then he came back to a far better situation than he left, especially after the Love trade. That's not exactly a traditionally built team either.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I'm not hating on how it worked out, but does LeBron come back is the Cava don't have all those assets? Maybe he does, but I don't think so

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  9. #557

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly what I was thinking. I'm not hating on how it worked out, but does LeBron come back is the Cava don't have all those assets? Maybe he does, but I don't think so
    Absolutely not.

    The Cavs also got the #1 pick for 3 years after he left. If it were a big market people here would've screamed bloody murder.

    Look there's no parity in the NBA I can accept that what I find laughable is how Dan Gilbert *****ed about superteams after LeBron bailed and vetoed the CP3 to Lakers trade. But its okay for his rank self to have a superteam though...

  10. #558
    2017-18 Starting PG? BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    22,738

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you recruit someone that is traded? Again, you can't make a GM agree to the trade.

    And what teammates are you talking about? James Jones? Idk any other former teammates that are on the Cavs. You may be thinking things that aren't true
    Mike Miller in 2015 was another. Didn't Birdman also follow him over? I would have to check that. Those guys are not all that good especially anymore but just additional proof that LeBron recruits just as a matter of course. In fact I believe that he recruited Paul George. There was an article about him implying or teasing that he was doing just that.

    edit: yes birdman did play for them last year. Also when he found out that Miller was done he went out and recruited Korver. Manipulating the league is what LeBron is all about. He did it with his ridiculous decision in 2010 and continues to want to be the general manager now. I cannot wait until his game subsides. Nevertheless I think he would make a great GM because he's getting a lot of practice at a very young age.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 05-15-2017 at 07:22 AM.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  11. #559
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    928
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Totally disagree that the league would be boring without free agency. The trades would be far, far more interesting than star players just signing with a super team. Zzzzz.
    Seriously....you're sounding like you're mad because none of the big stars want to come here.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:


  13. #560
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    6,599

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mike Miller in 2015 was another. Didn't Birdman also follow him over? I would have to check that. Those guys are not all that good especially anymore but just additional proof that LeBron recruits just as a matter of course. In fact I believe that he recruited Paul George. There was an article about him implying or teasing that he was doing just that.

    edit: yes birdman did play for them last year. Also when he found out that Miller was done he went out and recruited Korver. Manipulating the league is what LeBron is all about. He did it with his ridiculous decision in 2010 and continues to want to be the general manager now. I cannot wait until his game subsides. Nevertheless I think he would make a great GM because he's getting a lot of practice at a very young age.
    Wtf are you talking about. Lebron never recruited PG and Korver was traded for a 1st round pick, which is more value than Korver for a couple months. This is why it was the best offer the Hawks could get.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:


  15. #561
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    16,397

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mike Miller in 2015 was another. Didn't Birdman also follow him over? I would have to check that. Those guys are not all that good especially anymore but just additional proof that LeBron recruits just as a matter of course. In fact I believe that he recruited Paul George. There was an article about him implying or teasing that he was doing just that.

    edit: yes birdman did play for them last year. Also when he found out that Miller was done he went out and recruited Korver. Manipulating the league is what LeBron is all about. He did it with his ridiculous decision in 2010 and continues to want to be the general manager now. I cannot wait until his game subsides. Nevertheless I think he would make a great GM because he's getting a lot of practice at a very young age.
    So basically he didn't recruit anyone to sign with Cleveland.

    In reality Lebron didnt recruit Wade and Bosh to Miami either. Wade was already there, and the decision for the big 3 to form was made by collectively.

    Does Lebron leverage his GM to make moves? Absolutely. But what superstar doesn't?

  16. #562
    2017-18 Starting PG? BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    22,738

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So basically he didn't recruit anyone to sign with Cleveland.

    In reality Lebron didnt recruit Wade and Bosh to Miami either. Wade was already there, and the decision for the big 3 to form was made by collectively.

    Does Lebron leverage his GM to make moves? Absolutely. But what superstar doesn't?
    What? I just named 3 of his former team mates he dragged over from Miami. It's not like they just happened to sign for Cleveland because the GM just happened to want them.

    Let's just agree to disagree.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  17. #563
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    16,397

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What? I just named 3 of his former team mates he dragged over from Miami. It's not like they just happened to sign for Cleveland because the GM just happened to want them.

    Let's just agree to disagree.
    You named two (Birdman and Mike Miller) and neither of those guys are even worth mentioning.

    We can agree to disagree, but you're still inaccurate when you say that Lebron recruited a superteam or whatever the narrative is.

  18. #564
    2017-18 Starting PG? BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    22,738

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You named two (Birdman and Mike Miller) and neither of those guys are even worth mentioning.

    We can agree to disagree, but you're still inaccurate when you say that Lebron recruited a superteam or whatever the narrative is.
    James Jones. The point here isn't that these are all-stars he's bringing in. They were all solid bench type players he was able to fill out the roster. Also, if you think he wasn't communicating with Kevin Love I have some land in Florida to sell you. Same with Korver. LeBron is all about running that team. He even had Blatt fired.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  19. #565
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    6,599

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    James Jones. The point here isn't that these are all-stars he's bringing in. They were all solid bench type players he was able to fill out the roster. Also, if you think he wasn't communicating with Kevin Love I have some land in Florida to sell you. Same with Korver. LeBron is all about running that team. He even had Blatt fired.
    You are changing your point. Lebron talking to Klove doesn't mean ****. The GM of the Twolves makes the trade, and Love was a free agent the following year.

    Stars get coaches fired and hired all the time. What is your point here?

    You started this by saying there was proof the NBA was rigged because Cavs got Korver. It's like you have no understanding of NBA trades.

  20. #566
    2017-18 Starting PG? BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    22,738

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are changing your point. Lebron talking to Klove doesn't mean ****. The GM of the Twolves makes the trade, and Love was a free agent the following year.

    Stars get coaches fired and hired all the time. What is your point here?

    You started this by saying there was proof the NBA was rigged because Cavs got Korver. It's like you have no understanding of NBA trades.
    I cannot believe you don't think LeBron is influencing most of the moves on the Cavs. Here is how it works on the other side.

    LeBron's on the phone tapping the guys he wants to check their interest in joining him. He calls guys that fit the Cavs needs. Said player's agent calls up his GM and demands a trade or threatens to do so unless said player is traded to the Cavs. GM makes the best deal he possibly can. This is why certain players like Love and Korver just happened to land in Cleveland. If you don't think this stuff isn't happening you must be blind.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  21. #567
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,201

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LeBron's on the phone tapping the guys he wants to check their interest in joining him. He calls guys that fit the Cavs needs. Said player's agent calls up his GM and demands a trade or threatens to do so unless said player is traded to the Cavs. GM makes the best deal he possibly can. This is why certain players like Love and Korver just happened to land in Cleveland. If you don't think this stuff isn't happening you must be blind.
    This is why no one takes you seriously. This is parody level.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  23. #568
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    16,397

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I cannot believe you don't think LeBron is influencing most of the moves on the Cavs. Here is how it works on the other side.

    LeBron's on the phone tapping the guys he wants to check their interest in joining him. He calls guys that fit the Cavs needs. Said player's agent calls up his GM and demands a trade or threatens to do so unless said player is traded to the Cavs. GM makes the best deal he possibly can. This is why certain players like Love and Korver just happened to land in Cleveland. If you don't think this stuff isn't happening you must be blind.
    K Love had been rumored to be out of Minnesota for years before they made this trade. And then they traded him FOR THE NUMBER ONE OVERALL PICK! lol they literally weren't going to get a deal any better than that.

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  25. #569
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,201

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    K Love had been rumored to be out of Minnesota for years before they made this trade. And then they traded him FOR THE NUMBER ONE OVERALL PICK! lol they literally weren't going to get a deal any better than that.
    And not one other NBA team was going to trade a first round pick for a 3 month rental of Kyle Korver. But denial is a powerful drug.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  27. #570
    2017-18 Starting PG? BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    22,738

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    K Love had been rumored to be out of Minnesota for years before they made this trade. And then they traded him FOR THE NUMBER ONE OVERALL PICK! lol they literally weren't going to get a deal any better than that.
    But why did they have that #1 pick to get KLove in the first place? Because they were terrible without LeBron averaging 21 wins/year...and then got him back FREE! The fact is, they had 3 #1 picks during the time LeBron was in South Beach. That does NOT count their #4 pick when they got Tristan Thompson.

    So, LeBron, after gutting Cleveland heads north and starts dealing the chips. I have to admit, it was brilliant. Totally unfair, but well, you guys don't care about that now do you? It makes what Durant did seem like nothing.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  28. #571
    2017-18 Starting PG? BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    22,738

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs Round 2: (2) Cleveland vs. (3) Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And not one other NBA team was going to trade a first round pick for a 3 month rental of Kyle Korver. But denial is a powerful drug.
    You're right. Because the Cavs had first round picks to burn due to LeBron playing his card perfectly. Korver may well be just enough to get them by GS and well worth that pick. A rookie isn't going to help them enough and that pick was not high in the round. Also, Korver can still shoot and played great his last 2 game spanking the Raptors.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •