Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 191

Thread: Build This Team

  1. #151
    The Dude Abides pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indy
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,497
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have 3 options:

    1 ) Go ALL IN and build around PG13 regardless of whether he decides to stay or not.
    2 ) Trade PG13 for the best offer that we get and continue with a Re-tool around a re-signed Teague/Lance/Myles/Thad/Draft Pick/Whatever haul that we get from trading PG13/GRIII
    3 ) Trade PG13 for the best offer that we get and initiate a complete tear down and rebuild centered around the young Players that we get and Myles.

    I'm going with option 2.

    NOTE - there is no wrong answer to choosing any of these options

    Spoiler Spoiler:
    While a team of Teague/Lance/Josh Jackson/Thad/Myles might actually be a fun team, and could maybe fight for that 8th spot, I view this as the worst of the three options. If we trade PG, I'd rather let Teague and CJ walk, dump Thad and Monta, collect future picks ,and play a lineup like Top Pick/Lance/18pick/Myles. Bottom out, get a couple solid picks this year and next, and move on. Replacing PG but staying in the perpetual 8th spot is my least favorite plan.
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

  2. #152

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Chris Bosh worth taking a chance on? I know we probably aren't on the top of his list but should we be pitching to him?

  3. #153
    The Dude Abides pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indy
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,497
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chris Bosh worth taking a chance on? I know we probably aren't on the top of his list but should we be pitching to him?
    I'd give him vet min to mentor Myles, but I wouldn't want him actually having an on-court role. Bosh is a very smart guy who I'd put on the coaching staff without any qualms, and he's exactly what I think Myles could model his game after and be successful. His health issues and age, and the fact that he hasn't actually played in what, a year and a half? makes me pass on anything but vet min for practice or coaching staff. Hated him on Miami, but I have always liked the guy, if that makes sense, lol.
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:


  5. #154

    Default Re: Build This Team

    I would rather bring in Larry Sanders for a tryout.

  6. #155
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,376

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd give him vet min to mentor Myles, but I wouldn't want him actually having an on-court role. Bosh is a very smart guy who I'd put on the coaching staff without any qualms, and he's exactly what I think Myles could model his game after and be successful. His health issues and age, and the fact that he hasn't actually played in what, a year and a half? makes me pass on anything but vet min for practice or coaching staff. Hated him on Miami, but I have always liked the guy, if that makes sense, lol.
    No - ex- Heat players.

  7. #156
    Member PetPaima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Valkeakoski, Finland
    Posts
    1,191

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by jrwannabe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plans to lose weight and practice 3s off season
    Yeah, plans... People make New Year Resolutions too. And then they go . "Nah... it's Eat-All-You-Can in my favourite fried chicken house."

    I like Lavoy, but I would never trust his work ethic.

  8. #157

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Wasn't sure where to put this comment, but Utah, Boston and Miami seem to be the teams being mentioned with Haywards name. Pacers don't seem to be getting mentioned at all despite being his home city. Pretty big bummer if the trio of teams being mentioned are truly Haywards top 3 right now.

  9. #158
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,376

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasn't sure where to put this comment, but Utah, Boston and Miami seem to be the teams being mentioned with Haywards name. Pacers don't seem to be getting mentioned at all despite being his home city. Pretty big bummer if the trio of teams being mentioned are truly Haywards top 3 right now.
    That's the media though. Utah is his current team so they're always gonna be mentioned. Miami just cleared a truckload of cap space by dumping Bosh's contract so they're just being tossed into the mix. Boston are pretenders. The Cavs series proved that. But since the East is so weak because Indy built a faulty roster, the Raptors choke on the big stage, John Wall can't seem to get past the 2nd round, Bucks are still young, and the rest of the conference is terrible.... Boston is getting mentioned because they made the ECF. Albeit if they had went out in round 1 we'd be talking about an epic collapse and who's getting traded.

  10. #159
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,757

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the media though. Utah is his current team so they're always gonna be mentioned. Miami just cleared a truckload of cap space by dumping Bosh's contract so they're just being tossed into the mix. Boston are pretenders. The Cavs series proved that. But since the East is so weak because Indy built a faulty roster, the Raptors choke on the big stage, John Wall can't seem to get past the 2nd round, Bucks are still young, and the rest of the conference is terrible.... Boston is getting mentioned because they made the ECF. Albeit if they had went out in round 1 we'd be talking about an epic collapse and who's getting traded.
    you seem to know it all yet forget to mention the primary reason boston has always been linked to hayward.

    brad stevens.

    btw those celtic pretenders beat the crap out of indiana all season, finished with the first seed, and did something no other team outside of GS could do in the post season (without their best player even).

    the reason indiana isn't being linked to GH is because there's very little to no chance it happens. why would he leave a better team to join what could be a lotto team once PG leaves next july? no coach. no direction.

  11. #160
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,376

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you seem to know it all yet forget to mention the primary reason boston has always been linked to hayward.

    brad stevens.

    btw those celtic pretenders beat the crap out of indiana all season, finished with the first seed, and did something no other team outside of GS could do in the post season (without their best player even).

    the reason indiana isn't being linked to GH is because there's very little to no chance it happens. why would he leave a better team to join what could be a lotto team once PG leaves next july? no coach. no direction.

    You got the 1st seed because the Cavs chose rest over seeding.

    From what I recall Boston beat Indy once last season when they were fully healthy. The 3 games before players (including Paul) where injured and not in the line-up

    If he chooses Boston only because of Brad that's some man crush right there. An awkward and strange one quite frankly. I get that college coaches have a major influence on players even after their departure into the NBA but choosing a free agent destination only because your old college coach is there. That's some weird stuff for a grown and married man to do. Again if that does turn out to be the case.

  12. #161
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,505
    Mood

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you seem to know it all yet forget to mention the primary reason boston has always been linked to hayward.

    brad stevens.

    btw those celtic pretenders beat the crap out of indiana all season, finished with the first seed, and did something no other team outside of GS could do in the post season (without their best player even).

    the reason indiana isn't being linked to GH is because there's very little to no chance it happens. why would he leave a better team to join what could be a lotto team once PG leaves next july? no coach. no direction.
    'did something no team outside of GS could do in the postseason'...you mean something 2 teams couldn't do?? Really pathetic that you look at that as an achievement being the 'one seed' and all...lol
    Lifelong pacers fan

  13. #162

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you seem to know it all yet forget to mention the primary reason boston has always been linked to hayward.

    brad stevens.

    btw those celtic pretenders beat the crap out of indiana all season, finished with the first seed, and did something no other team outside of GS could do in the post season (without their best player even).

    the reason indiana isn't being linked to GH is because there's very little to no chance it happens. why would he leave a better team to join what could be a lotto team once PG leaves next july? no coach. no direction.
    Lol. Calm down guy...

    Teague
    Hayward
    Pg
    Thad
    Turner
    Lance

    Or

    Thomas
    Bradley
    Hayward
    Olynk
    Horford
    Smart
    Fultz
    Crowder

    I'd take the lineup with PG and Hayward on the wings with the rising star in the middle In the playoffs but admit its close. The 10th-15th guy Boston has in their favor means nothing in the playoffs. But the addition of Fultz helps their cause dramatically. I just can't believe Miami is ahead of us but hey weather > winning to some.

    And again- it's pretty annoying how you get on here and call everyone homers and stick your nose up in the air like "we beat the Cavs on a buzzer beater and lost by 20+ four times" when the Pacers were in all 4 playoff games vs those Cavs and had a shot at the buzzer in CLE that didn't go in and were around 70 pts closer than the Celts in the other games. You're telling me that you played the Cavs better because one shot and all the other evidence can be ignored because "a wins a win?" Stop with that. Bring up everything else but please stop acting like you played the Cavs better than the Pacers did because we both know you didn't and it's not particularly close. (Not that it's a big accomplishment for either team)

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:


  15. #163

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You got the 1st seed because the Cavs chose rest over seeding.

    From what I recall Boston beat Indy once last season when they were fully healthy. The 3 games before players (including Paul) where injured and not in the line-up

    If he chooses Boston only because of Brad that's some man crush right there. An awkward and strange one quite frankly. I get that college coaches have a major influence on players even after their departure into the NBA but choosing a free agent destination only because your old college coach is there. That's some weird stuff for a grown and married man to do. Again if that does turn out to be the case.
    Strongly disagree that it's a negative thing to admire a guy who became a huge figure in his life. I'm sure lots of guys go to SA because they admire Pop. It's not a bad thing at all. It's a respect thing.

  16. #164
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,376

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Strongly disagree that it's a negative thing to admire a guy who became a huge figure in his life. I'm sure lots of guys go to SA because they admire Pop. It's not a bad thing at all. It's a respect thing.
    People do admire Pop but they aren't going to sign with SAS just because of him. It'd be...

    Kwahi (1st reason)
    winning culture (2nd reason)
    Pop (close 3rd reason)

    Admiring a coach and making a life altering decision because of him are two very different things.
    Last edited by Grimp; 06-12-2017 at 07:52 PM.

  17. #165
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,757

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol. Calm down guy...

    Teague
    Hayward
    Pg
    Thad
    Turner
    Lance

    Or

    Thomas
    Bradley
    Hayward
    Olynk
    Horford
    Smart
    Fultz
    Crowder

    I'd take the lineup with PG and Hayward on the wings with the rising star in the middle In the playoffs but admit its close. The 10th-15th guy Boston has in their favor means nothing in the playoffs. But the addition of Fultz helps their cause dramatically. I just can't believe Miami is ahead of us but hey weather > winning to some.

    And again- it's pretty annoying how you get on here and call everyone homers and stick your nose up in the air like "we beat the Cavs on a buzzer beater and lost by 20+ four times" when the Pacers were in all 4 playoff games vs those Cavs and had a shot at the buzzer in CLE that didn't go in and were around 70 pts closer than the Celts in the other games. You're telling me that you played the Cavs better because one shot and all the other evidence can be ignored because "a wins a win?" Stop with that. Bring up everything else but please stop acting like you played the Cavs better than the Pacers did because we both know you didn't and it's not particularly close. (Not that it's a big accomplishment for either team)
    The Celtics were better than Indiana in every way imaginable last season. Not just because of the Cavs series.

  18. #166

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Celtics were better than Indiana in every way imaginable last season. Not just because of the Cavs series.
    Then just don't bring up the Cavs series when talking about it again. That's all I ask. Because that really makes you seem like a homer as you call everyone else a homer. Pacers played the Cavs better than the Celtics did. It was pretty obvious. Celtics had a waaay better regular season than the Pacers did. Again extremely obvious. I think when comparing which team has a better shot at the Cavs by adding Hayward there is no obvious answer Celtics or Pacers and that is where both sides of the debate have great points until one side says "it's not even close!!!!" And then they just sound like a homer either way.

    Celtics have way more depth
    Celtics have a better Pg
    Celtics are slightly younger for the future
    Celtics have the better coach

    Pacers have an experienced star who has been close to beating LBJ before
    Pacers have a rising young center
    Pacers didn't have one of their best 4 players until 5 games left in the season
    Pacers have shown they can score more efficiently in the playoffs and have an improving center for defense in Turner

  19. #167
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,757

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Build This Team

    My point was/is all of that is meaningless when PG leaves next July.

    Also... The Celtics starting 5 only played together for 26 games in the regular season. Injuries are injuries.

    edit: you meant Lance. LOL.

  20. #168

    Default Re: Build This Team

    I know Ryan doesn't need any help, but you guys are embarrassing Pacer Nation. The Celtics won 53 games and the Pacers had to close with a flurry to get to 42. Paul is probably the best player, [although Thomas had the best season]. But after that it is all Boston.

    Not to say Boston doesn't have issues, but no one in their right mine would swap situations and rosters to take Indiana's over Boston's.

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then just don't bring up the Cavs series when talking about it again. That's all I ask. Because that really makes you seem like a homer as you call everyone else a homer. Pacers played the Cavs better than the Celtics did. It was pretty obvious. Celtics had a waaay better regular season than the Pacers did. Again extremely obvious. I think when comparing which team has a better shot at the Cavs by adding Hayward there is no obvious answer Celtics or Pacers and that is where both sides of the debate have great points until one side says "it's not even close!!!!" And then they just sound like a homer either way.

    Celtics have way more depth
    Celtics have a better Pg
    Celtics are slightly younger for the future
    Celtics have the better coach



    Pacers have an experienced star who has been close to beating LBJ before
    Pacers have a rising young center
    Pacers didn't have one of their best 4 players until 5 games left in the season
    Pacers have shown they can score more efficiently in the playoffs and have an improving center for defense in Turner

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  22. #169

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know Ryan doesn't need any help, but you guys are embarrassing Pacer Nation. The Celtics won 53 games and the Pacers had to close with a flurry to get to 42. Paul is probably the best player, [although Thomas had the best season]. But after that it is all Boston.

    Not to say Boston doesn't have issues, but no one in their right mine would swap situations and rosters to take Indiana's over Boston's.
    Did you watch the Boston/Chicago series at all when they had their starting PG?

    Edit: I am very surprised people don't recognize the difference between a great regular season team and a contender. As Pacer fans we've seen great regular season teams. At the end of the day the east had 7 fairly even teams when it came down to the playoffs and one great team. It was really obvious if you watch playoff games. Bulls very likely would have won the series had Rondo not gone down. That was 1 vs 8 guys...

    Edit one more time: having 15 guys who can truly contribute on an NBA court is HUGE for a regular season record. It does nothing for you in the playoffs. Nothing. Top 9 is all that matters. And top 5 become insanely more important.
    Last edited by brownjake43; 06-12-2017 at 08:15 PM.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:


  24. #170
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,757

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you watch the Boston/Chicago series at all when they had their starting PG?

    Edit: I am very surprised people don't recognize the difference between a great regular season team and a contender. As Pacer fans we've seen great regular season teams. At the end of the day the east had 7 fairly even teams when it came down to the playoffs and one great team. It was really obvious if you watch playoff games. Bulls very likely would have won the series had Rondo not gone down. That was 1 vs 8 guys...
    If Lebron signs with the Pacers you guys win a title last year.
    If KL doesn't get hurt the Spurs may have beaten GS.
    If Bryce Harper signs with the Yankees next year they may return to glory.
    If the Celtics won the lottery 20 years ago they would have won 5 more titles with Duncan (sorry Chauncey).
    If the Pacers play against ANYONE else besides the Pistons then night of the brawl they may have won the championship.

    You assuming the series was over after 2 games tells me all i need to know about the way you think. If you wanna group the Wizards with the Celtics i can see it. But not Indiana

  25. #171

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My point was/is all of that is meaningless when PG leaves next July.

    Also... The Celtics starting 5 only played together for 26 games in the regular season. Injuries are injuries.

    edit: you meant Lance. LOL.
    Gotya. I'll agree with this 100%. Pacers aren't even a playoff team w/o PG. They'd have to convince Hayward PG is staying if he comes which could be tough. Celtics ARE much more stable.

  26. #172

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Lebron signs with the Pacers you guys win a title last year.
    If KL doesn't get hurt the Spurs may have beaten GS.
    If Bryce Harper signs with the Yankees next year they may return to glory.
    If the Celtics won the lottery 20 years ago they would have won 5 more titles with Duncan (sorry Chauncey).
    If the Pacers play against ANYONE else besides the Pistons then night of the brawl they may have won the championship.

    You assuming the series was over after 2 games tells me all i need to know about the way you think. If you wanna group the Wizards with the Celtics i can see it. But not Indiana
    2 roads games where both teams are healthy...yeah typically when a team wins 2 road games and stays healthy in a playoff series there is a great chance they win the series. Nothing is guaranteed tho to your point. But playoff Rondo = great Rondo. You're a Celtics fan man! Haha. You know this.

  27. #173
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,757

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gotya. I'll agree with this 100%. Pacers aren't even a playoff team w/o PG. They'd have to convince Hayward PG is staying if he comes which could be tough. Celtics ARE much more stable.
    If PG signs long term, they add GH, resign Teague, add a few quality vets i could very easily see them making a strong push towards Cleveland.

    Im also one of the very few who thinks coaching matters and i'm not a fan of yours.

    Then again one of the most useless coaches in the league is in the Finals right now so what do i know.

  28. #174
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,757

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 roads games where both teams are healthy...yeah typically when a team wins 2 road games and stays healthy in a playoff series there is a great chance they win the series. Nothing is guaranteed tho to your point. But playoff Rondo = great Rondo. You're a Celtics fan man! Haha. You know this.
    Anything could happen. I think IT's family emergency put a dark cloud over the team and they recovered.

  29. #175

    Default Re: Build This Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If PG signs long term, they add GH, resign Teague, add a few quality vets i could very easily see them making a strong push towards Cleveland.

    Im also one of the very few who thinks coaching matters and i'm not a fan of yours.

    Then again one of the most useless coaches in the league is in the Finals right now so what do i know.
    I think coaching matters as well. Especially who the coach is playing at what times. Rotations are huge! And I agree Celtics coach is way better than ours.

    That said with your unbias opinion: Pacers with Hayward or 2016-2017 Utah Jazz- who ya got? This is where I don't follow people at all. Pacers add Hayward they're clearly better than the current Jazz team, right? Or am I being bias? Hayward wouldn't even be close to our best player...Teague, Hayward, PG, Thad, Turner vs. Hill, Hayward, JJ, Favors, Gobert

    Am I wrong in thinking staying with Utah doesn't give Hayward nearly as good a chance of winning as heading east and teaming up with some younger guys to beat the king as he ages?

    (left Lance out of it since I know you think he's worthless, haha)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •