Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Build This Team

Default Re: Build This Team

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If PG gets All-NBA and Hayward doesn't, I'd go hard after Hayward, work out a deal for Derrick Favors, and draft Swanigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why would you want a player who can barely average 50 games a season?

If PG gets All-NBA and Hayward doesn't, I'd go hard after Hayward, work out a deal for Derrick Favors, and draft Swanigan.

Favors has Bynum written all over him.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Scenario of keeping PG:
    - Our roster is flat, as in there's PG and then a fairly flat line of talent. I say we go the big-3 route of trying to lure another lost-in-Siberia star (or stars) to Indiana to pair with PG. I think one of the main flaws with the concept people have tried in recent years is luring a star from a big city or established team, which probably isn't going to happen. But I *could* see someone like, perhaps, Damian Lilliard, who *is* a stud, and who is constantly being essentially ignored by the world in Portland because they're frankly mediocre like Indiana, being interested in this idea. The problem with Lilliard is that I could see this transaction going the opposite way --- PG to Portland to pair up with Dame. That would be a pretty damn good duo, and if they keep McCollum, or bring in another better star, that's a pretty damn good team. The reason I think this isn't so far out of the question is that Pritchard, like or him or not, has done this in the past, in an almost identical market. The Blazers had their big-3 and were pretty darn good. The only thing is, he pieced that team together through the draft... although he acquired LMA and Roy through draft-day trades.

Scenario of trading PG:
    - Then we rebuild. I don't have a problem with it; I've been through rebuilds, namely the Colts. It takes patience, but it also usually pays off if you go about it the right way. Trade PG for some young but talented kids, and some draft action. Keep your young kids with potential (Turner), and put everyone else out there for movement. There's no one on this roster outside of Turner that I have any future interest in. Make Turner your keystone while you rebuild, and if he turns out to be good, you keep him, and if he ends up falling short, well he carried you through some tough years like Granger.

Scenario of PG staying 1 more year and then bolting in free agency:
    - Well, this one sucks. It probably means the team continues it's trend of "retooling" on the fly, which means we use our new cap space to lure in a few middling free agents, we keep the ship afloat, may or may not make the playoffs, and basically do what we've been doing for the last 10 years. It's my least favorite option.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 04-28-2017 at 01:40 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo

Build around a core of Teague/Myles/Thad/GRIII/Pacers 1st round pick and whatever assets that we can get from trading PG13. Whether Lance is part of that equation for the long term is up in the air....while letting AlJeff and Monta come off the bench and expire.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Build around a core of Teague/Myles/Thad/GRIII/Pacers 1st round pick and whatever assets that we can get from trading PG13. Whether Lance is part of that equation for the long term is up in the air....while letting AlJeff and Monta come off the bench and expire.
    If I'm trading Paul, I'm going to try and make them take Monta too. I'll take back less assets but it will free up more cap space to use on free agents and trades.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog! Pacersalltheway10's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do you think if Paul gets traded at the draft, Hayward would be more enticed to come back home where he would be the go to guy on his favorite team growing up?
    It's OG or bust

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    Do you think if Paul gets traded at the draft, Hayward would be more enticed to come back home where he would be the go to guy on his favorite team growing up?
    If anything, that would make it less likely Hayward comes here. In other words it would go from a 0.98% chance of him coming here to 0.34 % chance.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    If anything, that would make it less likely Hayward comes here. In other words it would go from a 0.98% chance of him coming here to 0.34 % chance.
    Yeah, I can't see Hayward wanting to be here if there's no Paul George. Point blank, Indiana becomes a VERY solid team with him at the SG or SF spot, and one more year of running the core of Teague/PG/Thad/Turner. Sometimes, teams just get better by playing multiple years together. If I'm looking at the right "on paper" team (lol), I don't see how this team wouldn't be a Top 4 team in the East.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Find out who PG wants. Trade anyone you have to in order to make it happen.

Name-calling signature removed

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Yeah, I can't see Hayward wanting to be here if there's no Paul George. Point blank, Indiana becomes a VERY solid team with him at the SG or SF spot, and one more year of running the core of Teague/PG/Thad/Turner. Sometimes, teams just get better by playing multiple years together. If I'm looking at the right "on paper" team (lol), I don't see how this team wouldn't be a Top 4 team in the East.
    You want to know what the Jazz are? They are what I wish the Pacers are. They ACTUALLY play defense and they have a better Coach. On top of that...they are taking a fairly solid LAC Team to the brink.

If Hayward would want to leave that to come to Indy while getting the MAX from Utah.....I would actually question why he would want to do that in the first place.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Everyone should pray the Lakers keep their pick this year. Aside from them I really don't think there's a deal out there for PG and we might well run the risk of losing him for nothing. Not that I mind, if he wants to leave then let him. But we are really in a tough spot of recuperating value.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gremz For This Useful Post:

sav

Really hope Teague stays, it's nice to have a point guard of his skill set, rather than have one that just initiates the offense. At the shooting guard spot, Monta should not start a single game next season, when Lance is healthy. We should either draft or sign bench depth at the two spot. At the three, it all depends on PG. I hope he stays, but if he leaves then that leaves a glaring hole. Although he can jump through the roof, Glenn Robinson III is not the answer as our starting small forward. So we might need to draft or sign some help at the three, depending on Paul. At power forward, I would like to see a starter with better rebounding and size. Thad played well for us and I like his athleticism, but he just doesn't rebound well enough for my liking. I think we're set with Myles as our starting center. He should develop into a really solid player.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adamscb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by adamscb View Post
    Really hope Teague stays, it's nice to have a point guard of his skill set, rather than have one that just initiates the offense. At the shooting guard spot, Monta should not start a single game next season, when Lance is healthy. We should either draft or sign bench depth at the two spot. At the three, it all depends on PG. I hope he stays, but if he leaves then that leaves a glaring hole. Although he can jump through the roof, Glenn Robinson III is not the answer as our starting small forward. So we might need to draft or sign some help at the three, depending on Paul. At power forward, I would like to see a starter with better rebounding and size. Thad played well for us and I like his athleticism, but he just doesn't rebound well enough for my liking. I think we're set with Myles as our starting center. He should develop into a really solid player.
    I like Thad but he doesn't fit next to Myles. I think we should try to trade him for either a better rebounding big or a 3 & D wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremz View Post
    Everyone should pray the Lakers keep their pick this year. Aside from them I really don't think there's a deal out there for PG and we might well run the risk of losing him for nothing. Not that I mind, if he wants to leave then let him. But we are really in a tough spot of recuperating value.
    IF we do trade Paul, there are only 3 teams we should consider. If he is not with one of the California teams, I think he will leave whoever he is with and join LeBron. I think it was after the double overtime game at the end of the season, LeBron talked to Paul after the game and pulled his jersey over his mouth so no one could read his lips. I think LeBron was recruiting Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    I think LeBron was recruiting Paul.
    Ugh.

All in for Hayward and Plumlee. Fill the rest of the roster out with good shoooters

You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Trade Paul for D'Angelo Russell and Julius Randle. Use the 1st round pick to facilitate a salary dump for Portland, picking up Crabbe, dude is a sniper. You have a 6 year window with a lineup of

Russell, Crabbe, Robinson, Randle, and Turner

Since it seems like PG is gone, trade him for the #1 pick. Draft Fultz, don't want to draft Ball and have his dad be a distraction.

If Boston has the pick, take back Crowder, Bradley.

If Lakers have the pick, take back Ingram and Randle. I like Russell but Fultz looks more promising.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    Since it seems like PG is gone, trade him for the #1 pick. Draft Fultz, don't want to draft Ball and have his dad be a distraction.

If Boston has the pick, take back Crowder, Bradley.

If Lakers have the pick, take back Ingram and Randle. I like Russell but Fultz looks more promising.
    Not even Magic is foolish enough to trade Ingram, Randle, AND the #1 pick for PG.

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Not even Magic is foolish enough to trade Ingram, Randle, AND the #1 pick for PG.

Really, the best deal is Boston's. I hear from their fans on Twitter that they're willing to give up Marcus Smart and Kelly Olynyk for PG, but we'll have to throw in a 1st to make it fair.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iogyhufi For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Trade PG 13 to Celtics for #1 pick + Jae Crowder + Demetrius Jackson
    Trade Thaddeus Young (essentially 1 year + 1 year player option left) to Hawks for Boston 2nd rounder (31st) and future 2nd rounder.
    Why for Hawks? Hawks will lose Milsap and need a PF. Pacers pick up some extra picks and shed even more salary.
    Sign Gordon Hayward to max contract
    Draft Markelle Fultz with the #1 overall pick
    Draft Harry Giles with the 18th pick (Does have 2 ACL surgeries, but he's fast & agile - should eventually be a really good defensive player that can rebound and score. This is a gamble, but one that could pay off big time)
    Draft Josh Hart with the 31st pick (3&D guy that has size and strength. Shot 41% from 3. Also won Defensive Player of the Year award)
    Trade 47th pick
    Sign Terrence Jones (He can avg 12 & 6 - while not great, he can step out to shoot the 3 and will come super cheap)
    Do NOT pick up Lavoy Allen's option (never liked him as a player)

Maybe find a way to dump Ellis is possible. Monta will be harder to move since he's around $11M in 2017, and 2018 is a player option that he'll pick up. Jefferson might be easier, but he's essentially on a 1 year deal - got 1 more year at $9.5M and a $4M buyout in 2018. If not, then just ride them both out for another year - then buyout Jefferson and trade Monta as an expiring contract.

Starting lineup:
    Fultz/D Jackson/Young
    Stephenson/GRIII/Ellis/Hart
    Hayward/Crowder/Niang
    T Jones/Christmas/Giles
    Turner/Seraphim/Jefferson

Keep Hart & Young in the D-League unless someone gets hurt.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 04-30-2017 at 05:40 PM.
    First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog! Pacersalltheway10's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Trade PG 13 to Celtics for #1 pick + Jae Crowder + Demetrius Jackson
    Trade Thaddeus Young (essentially 1 year + 1 year player option left) to Hawks for Boston 2nd rounder (31st) and future 2nd rounder.
    Why for Hawks? Hawks will lose Milsap and need a PF. Pacers pick up some extra picks and shed even more salary.
    Sign Gordon Hayward to max contract
    Draft Markelle Fults with the #1 overall pick
    Draft Harry Giles with the 18th pick (Does have 2 ACL surgeries, but he's fast & agile and should be able to a bit of everything. This is a gamble, but one that could pay off big time)
    Draft Josh Hart with the 31st pick (3&D guy that has size and strength. Shot 41% from 3. Also won Defensive Player of the Year award)
    Trade 47th pick
    Sign Terrence Jones (He can avg 12 & 6 - while not great, he can step out to shoot the 3 and will come super cheap)
    Do NOT pick up Lavoy Allen's option (never liked him as a player)

Maybe find a way to dump Ellis is possible. Monta will be harder to move since he's around $11M in 2017, and 2018 is a player option that he'll pick up. Jefferson might be easier, but he's essentially on a 1 year deal - got 1 more year at $9.5M and a $4M buyout in 2018. If not, then just ride them both out for another year - then buyout Jefferson and trade Monta as an expiring contract.

Starting lineup:
    Fultz/D Jackson/Young
    Stephenson/GRIII/Ellis/Hart
    Hayward/Crowder/Niang
    T Jones/Christmas/Giles
    Turner/Seraphim/Jefferson

Keep Hart & Young in the D-League unless someone gets hurt.
    If a team cuts Ellis before the end of next season, his contract is automatically off the books for 2018. No traditional player option for him.
    It's OG or bust

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Boston has a better shot at Hayward than Utah
    I agree with this. Utah is on the way down. That roster looks like trash, imo.

However, once PG13 is traded to Boston, so too does the idea of Hayward signing there. That does open up the chance for the Pacers. Hayward will want to come to Indiana if the Pacers get Fultz (w/ Crowder or Brown) and have Turner on the roster. Then you have Lance, GRIII + 18th pick.

That looks way better than Utah with Gobert and GHill. Let's be honest, Exum is not very good and could very well be a bust. Lyles has been pretty meh. Johnson and Diaw are incredibly old. Favors never took that next step and he is what he is at this point. I'd take Indiana over Utah, again, if the Pacers get the #1 pick.
    First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    If a team cuts Ellis before the end of next season, his contract is automatically off the books for 2018. No traditional player option for him.
    The Pacers cut Stuckey and he had a player option for 2017. I don't see a small market team paying 2 players to go away.

Rather have Rozier than Demetrius Jackson. Rozier could be our starting pg but all I want is Lonzo Ball for PG. I don't even care to get anything else back. Paul George for Lonzo Ball. Clear hella cap space & get a franchise player in return. I don't care about his dad...his dad if you really listen to him is joking when he says the things he says. He's not serious. He's actually funny. Lonzo is not bothered by his dad, if anything it'll put us on the map. Lonzo Ball will be the best player in this draft. Of course it would not be a 1 for 1 trade so whatever else we get is a bonus.

Paul George for Lonzo Ball, Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier, Jonas Jarebko
    Paul George for Lonzo Ball, Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson.

Both trades give us a franchise player in return who can play the 1 (best passer I've seen coming out of college in a long time.) a true backup point guard in both deals & if we go with LA we could let Thad walk/deal him & resign Randle to have our starting PF of the future. Him & Myles would be sick. You could resign Teague or let him walk.

Jeff Teague
    Lonzo Ball
    Lance Stephenson
    Julius Randle
    Myles Turner

Figure out a way to land 2 of the following: Justin Jackson, Dwayne Bacon, Terrance Ferguson, OG Anuoby.