Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

  1. #1

    Default The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    Let me tell you this first off: I did not expect the Pacers to win. I've seen too many bad things this year to get excited over anything, and frankly I am surprised.

    But let me tell you this also. I have never been more proud of this team than I am right now. We have disproved the critics, we have confounded the league, and we will be playing Detroit. All I can say is hell yeah. Hell ****ing yeah.

    I have not seen us play this well since we were 7-2. We just did everything great. I mean, we looked CLEAN and smooth. Offense was great, terrific shooting. Terrific ball movement.

    But what won this game? Defense. We have FINALLY found it again. Just great defense. Terrific TEAM defense, great covering, double teaming, closing off lanes. Individual defense was also great. And once we started hitting shots in the second, defense was the best it has been all season.

    Individually, EVERYONE played great. Not a single person did bad.

    Jermaine- FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY started passing the ball. He did a fantastic job finding the open teammate rather than forcing it and getting bad shots. And whenever he did shoot the ball, they were great shots.

    Jamaal- Had absolutely no trouble running the offense. More importantly, he did not try and shoot the outside shot. The dribble penetration was great, and he looks much better. He will continue to progress during the Detroit series.

    Dale- What can I say, he is a beast. Great defense on Walker, and he even hit his outside shots, which was pretty hilarious.

    Reggie- Nothing spectacular, but just efficient. Hit a couple timely shots.

    Stephen- He was due for this game. Finally started hitting his shots, and no one, I repeat no one can stop him when he gets going.

    Fred- Good for him! Finally got his shots going in. Poor guy, that hand had to be bothering him so much. But the key was that he was very confident, and that showed as he hit his shots. And that proved great on the defensive end, where he kept Ricky under check. Good for him, I hope that he will continue that, and he will continue to be my favorite Pacer. Hopefully he will get healthy fast, we WILL need him during the next series.

    James- This guy is good. That one shot where he came off a screen and shot the fading jumpshot, I was like, is that Reggie? We have to resign him, even at the cost of losing Dale. We MUST re-sign him.

    Foster- I believe he should start, though I have no problems with Dale. The guy is just so amazing at finding the ball. Not to mention he was hitting his shots, which surprised me. He has a terrific form for his shot, and I wish he would work on it. Because he really can shoot if he practiced.

    Croshere- Nothing special, but solid. He should play more during the Detroit series, I think that he is finally getting healthier.

    AJ- Once again, we have one of the best backup PGs in the league. He is very solid, and did a good job getting out of the ball pressure. Timely shots, and I'm glad we signed him long term.

    Pollard- God this guy is funny.


    Right down the line, everyone performed.


    All I can say is, if we play like we did TONIGHT, we will give Detroit all they can handle. I hope we can keep our cool when we play them. It worries me.

    Reggie still lives on.

    But forget that for now, GO PACERS!!!!
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  2. #2
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    Wow Suaveness - that's the longest post I think I've ever read from you. Usually you only use that smiley with the middle finger sticking up!

    But seriously, I agree with you. I admit I didn't expect us to win - especially after the way we played the other night. I'm very proud of the team. But again, it's all been gravy to me.

    Lots and lots of stars tonight.

    THE RESURECTION!!!!!!!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    Jeez, how did you type this so fast Suave?

  4. #4
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    Agree that we were great tonight, but until we do it two games in a row I won't say we've turned the corner.

    If we steal game one, though, I promise I'll bump this thread.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  5. #5
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,008

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    I don't agree with Foster starting over Dale... especially against Detroit. I also don't agree with signing JJ at the expense of Dale Davis- I say we sign them both and make no distinction in importance between them. Either/or is simple not an option (tho it isn't my money).

    But overall I agree with what you said.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  6. #6
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stephen- He was due for this game. Finally started hitting his shots, and no one, I repeat no one can stop him when he gets going.
    Actually, this is my worry for the Pistons series. We need him to be effective, and Prince is a very hard matchup for him. With Ron, Jax can slide to the 2 and be guarded by Rip. Here, he's got Prince.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  7. #7
    Member NorCal_Pacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,919

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    Pacers live on. Yeah baby. Yeah.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

  8. #8
    Member Mushmouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    39
    Posts
    545

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    Come on, Foster needs to start. He looks healthy and he'll allow Dale to come out w/ the second wave, which gives us a serious physical body off the bench. I like it, and I like it ALOT.

  9. #9

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, this is my worry for the Pistons series. We need him to be effective, and Prince is a very hard matchup for him. With Ron, Jax can slide to the 2 and be guarded by Rip. Here, he's got Prince.
    ABA, I've written longer, I guess you just never read them

    And I've never shown the finger.....until now! :finger:


    Hux- I just am a fast typer---SuperFastTyperMan. (or some could say I started before the game was over )

    Anthem- I agree, we must do it again. But this is how we need to play. As for Stephen, I disagree. From the Pistons games I have seen this year, he for some reason has no problem against Tayshaun. I don't know why, but he seems to drive well against him.

    Bball- I guess it is just an opinion thing. I always liked when Jeff was starting.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  10. #10
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    Quote Originally Posted by Mushmouth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on, Foster needs to start. He looks healthy and he'll allow Dale to come out w/ the second wave, which gives us a serious physical body off the bench. I like it, and I like it ALOT.
    Against Ben? No. Foster has historically not been effective against Detroit.

    Against most guys in the league, he's fine. But with the two Wallaces, it's different.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  11. #11
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    Dale will absolutely should and will start vs Detroit. He's much more suited for putting a body on the Wallaces than Jeff.

  12. #12

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    I do think that Jeff should start in general, but yes, I agree Dale should start against Detroit. I am curious to see how that will work.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    You can argue Dale vs Jeff and come up with different answers vs a bunch of teams. Jeff has always been one of the very best in the league defending Walker but he can't stand up against Detroit like DD can.

    OTOH, I see him as a better defender against Dice.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,654

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    Things that I thought were important tonight were the defense that Jax played on Pierce and the defense that we were able to play on Ricky Davis (by Reggie). Boston needed Davis to come into the game and be the third scorer, and he just couldn't get openings.

    I'm very excited about our reacquaintance with perimeter shooting accuracy. With Jax, AJ, JJ and Freddie, this is something that absolutely must continue in the Detroit series for us to have a chance.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    Not to temper everyone's enthusiasm but don't forget that Boston quit about halfway through the 3rd quarter.

    Now they didn't stop trying but they quit running their offense, started going totally to ISO's, started trying to make the spectacular rather than the solid play, etc.

    The Pacers DID play a good game but not as good as the scoreboard says.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  16. #16
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to temper everyone's enthusiasm but don't forget that Boston quit about halfway through the 3rd quarter.

    Now they didn't stop trying but they quit running their offense, started going totally to ISO's, started trying to make the spectacular rather than the solid play, etc.

    The Pacers DID play a good game but not as good as the scoreboard says.
    It certainly won't be anything like this in Detroit.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It certainly won't be anything like this in Detroit.
    No - this series was sort of a skirmish. I expect the next to be a War. The Pacers may not win - heck, they may get swept. But I think they'll be in every game and Detroit will need to work pretty hard to get it done.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  18. #18

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    This is actually brich, not brichard...I am just too lazy to log my brother out.

    I thought the Pacer's looked as good as I have seen them play in a very long time tonight. The first half was ugly, but it was mainly because our shots just weren't falling. We kept our head's, and we played strong defense throughout.

    Our bench was huge tonight. They played outstanding on both sides of the ball.

    Another huge thing tonight was unselfishness. We had great offensive movement, and we actually passed. EVERYBODY got in rhythm tonight.

    I think some key guys regained their confidence tonight, and I think that we will be huge going into Detroit.

  19. #19
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Against Ben? No. Foster has historically not been effective against Detroit.

    Against most guys in the league, he's fine. But with the two Wallaces, it's different.
    I'm with Anthem on this. Remember the series last year? I think Foster played limited minutes there and with good reason. Besides we have DD to start and Pollard as the other "heavy duty"-center, while Jeff can come in when a more mobile player is needed and/or wanted.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  20. #20
    Member Mr.ThunderMakeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can argue Dale vs Jeff and come up with different answers vs a bunch of teams. Jeff has always been one of the very best in the league defending Walker but he can't stand up against Detroit like DD can.

    OTOH, I see him as a better defender against Dice.
    I love Foster's play, Ive steadily been turning into a big Foster fan. However him and Davis are two different types of player. I really think Foster should have started against Boston, but there is no doubt in my mind that DD will be much better against Detroit.

    This is what I like about our center situation. Alhtough we lack a star center, or one who can score, I dont see another team that has as good of a balance as we have at the position. We have have athelitic Foster for the running teams, the monster Dale Davis for the tough/physical teams, Pollard to look goofy and provide comic relief, and be foul fodder (good for hack-a-shaq), and dont forget the potential of Harrison, who I think could develop into a very good player.

  21. #21
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: The Pacers are finally playing as good as they were pre-brawl

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No - this series was sort of a skirmish. I expect the next to be a War. The Pacers may not win - heck, they may get swept. But I think they'll be in every game and Detroit will need to work pretty hard to get it done.
    I aggree! Except that I think we will at the very, very least get one game.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •