Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Post game--Series Is Over

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both of you right on Paul. He was playing and trying to hold it together, but both he and Lance went hero ball on several possessions in a row in that 3rd quarter.

I agree though, Nate killed this teams chances with his rotations and line ups. This dude don't have the ability to recognize when a strategy isn't working before its too late.
    Lance and Paul were playing the same way in the first half as well, the only difference is that the shots were falling at a blistering rate.

Paul's shooting was actually a tad sub par, but he was getting FTA be cause the Cavs put the team in the bonus so early in the 2nd qtr.

Once those hero shots stopped falling, the Pacers didn't have a backup plan

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Just a couple of notes

pacers have not been swept in a playoff series since 1992 when they lost 0-3. That is amazing really.

Just a question more of a general question, something I have never really understood. If a coach gets blamed for his team blowing a 26 point lead then why doesn't the coach get any credit for getting a 26 point lead in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    For people wondering why PG gets criticized so much......watch that 3rd quarter (which is when we lost the game last night), and take notice of PG and his lack of focus for about a 5 minute stretch, which Paul also admitted in the post game presser.

Completely unfocused, *****ing and complaining to the refs, up 20+, and a complete lack of effort. It infected the rest of the team and completely took our focus away as a team and crowd. It also tarnished what was otherwise a brilliant performance.

But he put up stats so the stat guys will say it has no effect, I'm sure.

But when you are a leader of men, you have to lead by example and learn to focus your energy on stopping the other team. The officials were horrific last night, but let Nate and the crowd deal with them and just play ball.

They WILL fallow your lead, whIchever direction you choose.
    It was very obvious in the third so much so that I was asking myself where is PG. It was like he was just out there and letting everyone else take care of things.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I have never really understood. If a BILLIONAIRE gets blamed for his FAMILY blowing $26 BILLION lead then why doesn't the BILLIONAIRE get any credit for getting a $26 BILLION in the first place.
    Because the points don't matter if you don't win.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Also the CJ Miles addition to the starting unit was trash, he can't hit **** and his defense is lazy.

There was a point in time I thought bringing him back was important but he has been so much trash I wouldn't mind if he doesn't come back.

The fit should have started.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

LOL blaming Paul. You guys are idiots. Give me an infraction or whatever but this **** is just nutty.

Paul gets the blame because he couldn't single handily take on the defending champions.

Paul is playing out of his freaking mind right now and we still have dumbasses who want more and in some cases while defending Monta Ellis.

What a ****ing joke.

Indiana pacers don't deserve Paul, and Pacer fans sure as hell don't.
    Last edited by Since86; 04-21-2017 at 09:00 AM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Whoo...What a year.. Guardshock's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was pretty tore up last night. I know that as a fan, I literally have no say as to what happens in the game. I just know, that I probably won't watch game 4. (My poor wife, I went to bed so mad last night) (Sports affect my mood way too much). I knew we were gonna lose yesterday. This was the absolute worst matchup for us. They're the defending champs for a reason..

For the record.. Cleveland has 30 million more spent on their roster this year. That is a max level player. Just think of what one nice max level power forward or shooting guard would do for this team..

Also, I am so utterly disappointed with Myles Turner. This series must be hard on him but he can't hit anything. (His rebound dunk was nice tho).
    Indiana State University Alum. Hardcore Pacers fan. Racecar Driver in need of sponsorship.

www.jjhughesracing.com

I think somebody mentioned last night that this is a potentially franchise altering loss.

If you Paul George do you agree to an extension this summer with Nate as your coach, and with guys like Monta, Al Jeff on this team? A team that has no direction, so style of play, terrible defensive players, bench level talent all around you. With Larry Bird at the helm? This type of playoff loss with the series on line will leave a very bitter taste in Paul's mouth for a long time.

If you are Jeff Teague do you resign with the team knowing Lance is going to get some of your touches?

If they get swept - the fans will be calling for real change. I don't think Simon has the guts to do it from his level. And Bird is too stubborn to make a coaching change after one season.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

I still wouldn't be surprised to see the Pacers take Game 4. But there's zero chance we win Game 5 in Cleveland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    Seriously. I feel like I just got asked out by my crush to the prom only to find out it was a joke and I was tricked by everyone.
    This is why I never get my hopes up too high with my sports teams anymore. As soon as the lead was cut to 9 I had resigned myself to the likelihood of us losing.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    That may be the game that seals Paul's exit from the Pacers.
    I still think there's a chance he stays, assuming Larry makes some serious offseason moves. Boston's getting crushed by the #8 seed, so I'm not sure the prospect of going there is all that appealing if PG's serious about wanting to win first and foremost.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Bird isn't going anywhere until he decides to. Although I believe it may be sooner than later because of the PG situation

If PG expresses his desire to leave (hopefully quietly) he will try to get the best Indiana can for him or if we are lucky enough to secure him on another deal, he may be gone after either of those scenarios, but who knows. Simon isn't firing him and to an extent it's good the owner is loyal because he's also loyal to keeping the Pacers in Indiana

But our owner's one fault is he's happy to be here. Get the playoffs and the 2 extra sellout (mostly) games

But I tend to give Simon some love because he never sold the team even during the post brawl years

Nate probably needs to go and Indiana needs to do whatever they can once the season is over Sunday afternoon to convince the best asset they've ever had to stay, which may mean going over the tax
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Paul goes for 36/15/9.

PD: PAUL IS A MENTAL MIDGET!! HE SCORES 42 AND THEY WIN! MONTA ELLIS IS UNFAIRLY TARGETED FOR ALLOWING A WIDE OPEN DUNK!
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

If you want you superstar to stay then put your money where your mouth is

If you fail and he leaves then at least you tried
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

The third quarter was strange. Pacers came out a little flat, the Cavs got it down to I think 14 or it might have been 13, but the Pacers seemed to be OK when they got it back to 20 with about 4:37 minutes to go in the third. During this whole time about 8 minutes I was not worried.

But then the Cavs went on a huge run to end the third quarter that had me very worried. Looking at the play-by-play. Pacers offensive possessions:

Offensive foul PG
    Turnover on Lance
    PG missed three point shot
    Teague finger roll missed - Seraphin missed two offensive reb putbacks
    PG missed three point shot - actually blocked by Thompson. PG got it back and missed another - resulted in a shot clock violation
    Seraphin missed two free throws.
    Lance missed jump shot
    CJ missed three
    Seraphin makes 1 of 2 FT
    Lance makes 1 of 2 FT
    Lance missed three
    End of third - Pacers lead 91-84

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

I can't believe they blew a 26 point lead. What happened? I only watched the 4th qtr

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    If you want you superstar to stay then put your money where your mouth is

If you fail and he leaves then at least you tried
    This. We have the superstar we need to be a contender. Now it's up to Bird and Simon to show us if they're really serious about bringing a title to Indy. Even freaking Cleveland loosened the purse strings to get a title.

LeBron won't reign over the East forever, and PG could very well be the best player in the conference once LeBron's done.

Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    I can't believe they blew a 26 point lead. What happened? I only watched the 4th qtr
    - The Pacers went into "prevent mode."
    - Cleveland hit everything.
    - NBA refs.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    LOL blaming Paul. You guys are idiots. Give me an infraction or whatever but this **** is just nutty.

Paul gets the blame because he couldn't single handily take on the defending champions.

Paul is playing out of his freaking mind right now and we still have dumbasses who want more and in some cases while defending Monta Ellis.

What a ****ing joke.

Indiana pacers don't deserve Paul, and Pacer fans sure as hell don't.
    I blame Paul for his actions, not the loss. And I'm just trying to help you guys understand it, since you repeatedly can't seem to. The game is about a hell of a lot more than the box score and in today's nba that is more true than ever.

LeBron and PG had the same stats last night for the most part. Looking at the box score you would think they both played similar.

But anyone who watched the game could tell the difference, and it was a big big difference.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:

Paul goes for 36/15/9.

PD: PAUL IS A MENTAL MIDGET!! HE SCORES 42 AND THEY WIN! MONTA ELLIS IS UNFAIRLY TARGETED FOR ALLOWING A WIDE OPEN DUNK!

A WIDE OPEN DUNK COUNTS AS 26 POINTS
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Paul goes for 36/15/9.

Baffling. Paul has been close to playing even with the greatest player in the game, and it still isn't enough.

Its not even just the numbers either. Its the confidence. Anyone that wants to bash his leadership is seeing things they want to see. Just because he's the best player doesn't mean he has to be Knute Rockne. His game is leading the way, and if anyone else was remotely close to being a real difference maker, the outcome of these games could be a little different.

I firmly believe Paul will leave to a team that has a better roster. And I dont blame him. He's improved to the point that he is undoubtedly a top 8 player in this game. May be even better than that in the playoffs. He's doing his part. Any refute to the contrary is simply hating at this point imo

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    I blame Paul for his actions, not the loss. And I'm just trying to help you guys understand it, since you repeatedly can't seem to. The game is about a hell of a lot more than the box score and in today's nba that is more true than ever.

LeBron and PG had the same stats last night for the most part. Looking at the box score you would think they both played similar.

But anyone who watched the game could tell the difference, and it was a big big difference.
    Lebron is also a top 3-5 player EVER. Grading on that scale is a pretty steep curve IMO

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The third quarter was strange. Pacers came out a little flat, the Cavs got it down to I think 14 or it might have been 13, but the Pacers seemed to be OK when they got it back to 20 with about 4:37 minutes to go in the third. During this whole time about 8 minutes I was not worried.

But then the Cavs went on a huge run to end the third quarter that had me very worried. Looking at the play-by-play. Pacers offensive possessions:

Offensive foul PG
    Turnover on Lance
    PG missed three point shot
    Teague finger roll missed - Seraphin missed two offensive reb putbacks
    PG missed three point shot - actually blocked by Thompson. PG got it back and missed another - resulted in a shot clock violation
    Seraphin missed two free throws.
    Lance missed jump shot
    CJ missed three
    Seraphin makes 1 of 2 FT
    Lance makes 1 of 2 FT
    Lance missed three
    End of third - Pacers lead 91-84

Highlighting this for emphasis.

But the dunk did it all ..........

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Lebron is also a top 3-5 player EVER. Grading on that scale is a pretty steep curve IMO
    Yeah. Even if we get swept, think about how much better Cleveland's roster is than ours, and all the calls they're getting that we're not. And we've been in every game in this series (and should have won last night).

Anybody who thought we actually had a chance to win this series was being very naive.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Baffling. Paul has been close to playing even with the greatest player in the game, and it still isn't enough.

Its not even just the numbers either. Its the confidence. Anyone that wants to bash his leadership is seeing things they want to see. Just because he's the best player doesn't mean he has to be Knute Rockne. His game is leading the way, and if anyone else was remotely close to being a real difference maker, the outcome of these games could be a little different.

I firmly believe Paul will leave to a team that has a better roster. And I dont blame him. He's improved to the point that he is undoubtedly a top 8 player in this game. May be even better than that in the playoffs. He's doing his part. Any refute to the contrary is simply hating at this point imo
    Honestly, I think some the criticism is stemming from some people's preparation for PG to leave. It's a defense mechanism.

I have zero issue with PG's play in this series. He's been phenomenal.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post: