Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Post game--Series Is Over

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL he wasn't even there when the collapse started, try again.
    "Series" what does it mean?
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Makes sense.

I mean the Cavs have Jefferson, Love, Korver, Love, Frye, and Smith.

We have Teague and Miles? Once the magic wore off in the first half, CJ Miles returned to being streaky, Lance realized his non-shooting form, and Teague was inexplicably buried on the bench.

The lineup of Lance and Ellis should never be on the court simultaneously in the same backcourt!
    It's just aggravating to me because if you want to emulate Golden State/Cleveland, like Larry clearly wants to do, then drafting Booker was almost a no-brainer.
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    Where does this rank among most deflating games of all time?
    It's early and I'm drained...

Off the top of my head:

1) Reggie's career finale vs Pistons
    1) Losing elimination Game in NBA Finals
    2) Brawl
    3) Pick any number of Knicks / Bulls 90's eliminations
    4) Smash mouth Pacers lose Game 7 ECF to Heat
    5) Last night

Again, I need coffee... And time to process.

But right now, this is my list.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    It's just aggravating to me because if you want to emulate Golden State/Cleveland, like Larry clearly wants to do, then drafting Booker was almost a no-brainer.
    What Bird preaches never matches up to what he actually does. For instance, the hiring of Nate McMillan despite wanting to score points and play uptempo.

I also remember him when we drafted Shawne Williams and James White saying he wanted his 2-4 player positions interchangeable, yet some time after, we signed Monta Ellis.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Yep. Had this happened with some of those past teams, it would have been devastating. With this team, it's mostly just embarassing.
    That's exactly how I feel. If we had this loss with our 13/14 team I would have been devastated but I just don't have any attachment to this team and I had no expectations of them from the start. I wouldn't care at all if Bird, Nate and every player on the team except for Paul were to be gone to start next year.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Again this loss really really really ****ing sucked but I can go on with my life knowing it wasn't the worst
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Pacers need to follow the Cavs GM lead and get Paul George some shooters out there. Every time, he drives the whole defense collapses, yet Pacers don't have anyone out there to consistently make them pay. No, a streaky CJ Miles doesn't count.
    Kyle Korver would be helpful even at his age. Even if he only plays minimal minutes during the season. More reliable three shooter than CJ especially in the clutch.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

I don't think it was the worst because of the stakes. I mean, this win probably extends the series to 6 games, but realistically, we weren't winning it anyways after blowing our opportunity in Game 1.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    He needs to gather the team, and emphasize the plan, over and over again, until it is drilled into their heads.

He has to recognize those moments when we are wandering off the plan and refocus the team.

He has to realize that what this team really needs is his defensive ability and he is the only guy we have who can athletically hang with these guys. We need less points and assists from Paul and more deflection and steals. This happened with Danny Granger early in his career too. He got a taste of being a big time scorer and liked it a lot. So he stopped being the great all around player. I didn't notice Paul as an asset on defense in that second half at all and he's too good to not impact the game on that end.

He needs to understand that the team, and the crowd are gonna follow his lead. If he's confident and composed, they will be too. But if he is emotionally out of it, so is everyone else.

The saddest thing I saw last night was the Cavs at the FT line in a 1 possession game and the place was a library. The entire building was deflated. The fans had given up, I have never seen that before in a close, Pacers playoff game like that. We still had a chance at the time.

What I am talking about has nothing to do with his production, he is more important than that.

Again I'm not absolving anyone else at all. But when the company fails it is most likely the highest paid employees fault because he is paid more money to do a job, win basketball games.

Do I agree we might not get another talent like him? Absolutely.

Do I agree that he has been very very good over the last 2 months? Absolutely.

Do I think he can carry Reggie Miller's jockstrap? No.

Because Reggie understood all of this. And he gave us that for 18 years.
    It's Paul George's fault the fans didn't yell during a ft attempt.

This is how far into Stupidville one has to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I agree that the stats dont tell the whole story, they never do. And yes Paul let the refs get to him.
    Stop right there. There is no but, if Paul doesn't let the refs get to him we win this game, probably relatively easily. There is no but, there is no excuse for letting the refs get to him. That is inexcusable. This kind of crap is why I've never been as high on Paul as everyone else. He always loses the mental game. Yeah, he may put up 30+ points, but there are lots of players who can put up 30+ points. Being able to score does not make you a great player, and it doesn't mean you played a whole game well from start to finish.

We're one isn't always from reading how Paul George contributes to global warming with all the hot air he blows towards officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Stop right there. There is no but, if Paul doesn't let the refs get to him we win this game, probably relatively easily. There is no but, there is no excuse for letting the refs get to him. That is inexcusable. This kind of crap is why I've never been as high on Paul as everyone else. He always loses the mental game. Yeah, he may put up 30+ points, but there are lots of players who can put up 30+ points. Being able to score does not make you a great player, and it doesn't mean you played a whole game well from start to finish.
    Paul worries about the officials but if you think that's the biggest thing holding them back in this series you're a joke. Paul and his crying to the officials is about #15 on the list if problems but #2 on the thing PD *****es about.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Pacers are allowing Cleveland to shoot 51% overall and 44% from 3 but let's talk about how Paul wants a foul call.

GTFOH

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Here's a live look at the pacers and we're *****ing about the broken windshield.

Shade is completely right. This reeks of someone who knows theyre gonna get dumped so they nitpick their significant other to convince themselves they'll be better off.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Paul worries about the officials but if you think that's the biggest thing holding them back in this series you're a joke. Paul and his crying to the officials is about #15 on the list if problems but #2 on the thing PD *****es about.
    When did I say anything about the series as a whole? I'm only talking about Game 3 and Paul George the player. I've said nothing about Games 1 and 2.

It equally​ applies to game 3. Paul George is the ONLY reason the pacers were even in that game and he's the one getting the blame.

Cleveland comes out in the second half and jump traps Paul to get the ball out of his hands, his teammates can't score going 4 on 3 and Paul looking at the official to get a call is the reason why they lost.

Never change PD. Never change.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

PG whines to the refs a lot but the dude was getting mugged in the 4th, while LeBron probably had 9 fouls lol. Shouldn't have mattered but it's annoying when LeBron can drive to the post and get 2 Ft's guaranteed or an and 1

Again he's just a beast of a player to defend but when PG drives and 3 guys are coming down on him I'm pretty sure there was probably a foul there

But Indiana put themselves in that spot to be beaten by that **** and that's what happened
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Pacers are allowing Cleveland to shoot 51% overall and 44% from 3 but let's talk about how Paul wants a foul call.

GTFOH
    22 3-pters last night!!! All season long with the CAVS yet these dudes still leave Korver, Frye, and Co. Thats the series right there.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    22 3-pters last night!!! All season long with the CAVS yet these dudes still leave Korver, Frye, and Co. Thats the series right there.
    It's Paul's fault for JR, LeBron, korver, and love. (That's 17 3ptm)

If he didn't whine to the officials they would have missed those shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    That's exactly how I feel. If we had this loss with our 13/14 team I would have been devastated but I just don't have any attachment to this team and I had no expectations of them from the start. I wouldn't care at all if Bird, Nate and every player on the team except for Paul were to be gone to start next year.
    Preach.

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    He needs to gather the team, and emphasize the plan, over and over again, until it is drilled into their heads.

He has to recognize those moments when we are wandering off the plan and refocus the team.

He has to realize that what this team really needs is his defensive ability and he is the only guy we have who can athletically hang with these guys. We need less points and assists from Paul and more deflection and steals. This happened with Danny Granger early in his career too. He got a taste of being a big time scorer and liked it a lot. So he stopped being the great all around player. I didn't notice Paul as an asset on defense in that second half at all and he's too good to not impact the game on that end.

He needs to understand that the team, and the crowd are gonna follow his lead. If he's confident and composed, they will be too. But if he is emotionally out of it, so is everyone else.

The saddest thing I saw last night was the Cavs at the FT line in a 1 possession game and the place was a library. The entire building was deflated. The fans had given up, I have never seen that before in a close, Pacers playoff game like that. We still had a chance at the time.

What I am talking about has nothing to do with his production, he is more important than that.

Again I'm not absolving anyone else at all. But when the company fails it is most likely the highest paid employees fault because he is paid more money to do a job, win basketball games.

Do I agree we might not get another talent like him? Absolutely.

Do I agree that he has been very very good over the last 2 months? Absolutely.

Do I think he can carry Reggie Miller's jockstrap? No.

Because Reggie understood all of this. And he gave us that for 18 years.
    Reggie wasn't the vocal leader of any of those 90s teams. He allowed his play to do the talking. Why is it an issue that Paul is doing the same

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    As one of Monta's harshest critics I think you are being too harsh on him. He had two options. Guard LeBron going for a dunk or defend the three point shot. If he chose LeBron the two most likely results would be a pass to a wide open Korver, who would make the three, or Monta gets a foul called on him while LeBron gets an And-1 opportunity. On the flip side if he defended against the three the most likely outcome was LeBron dunking, only scoring 2 points instead of 3. Strategically I actually think he made the right decision. It might be the more embarrassing one, but it is the one with the highest probability of the most advantageous result.
    This makes sense if you have no dignity.

It's Paul George's fault the fans didn't yell during a ft attempt.

This is how far into Stupidville one has to travel.
    Cmon man. Think about what I'm saying. Of course he's not reponsible.

But he is paid to be the leader and has clearly tried to be more vocal in post game press conferences.

So he needs to accept the criticism and think about what a lot of fans think about his obsession with referees.

That's all I'm saying.

Again I'm not saying I want Paul gone or to be traded. I dont. I want him to learn his lesson because he will accomplish much more if he can do that.

BTW Lance was equally as bad and I'm surprised he hasn't caught more flak for his really bad stretch in the 3rd quarter. That was the Lance you guys talk about. He was due for a performance like that and I wasn't surprised. But I expect more from PG.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

It equally​ applies to game 3. Paul George is the ONLY reason the pacers were even in that game and he's the one getting the blame.
    We obviously watch two completely different games. In the first half I saw a lot of ball movement, and team play by the whole team which resulted in a lot of quality shots for everyone. Paul was not single handily winning the game, he was a benefactor of the team as a whole playing a high level of team basketball that completely disappeared in the second half. Instead of regrouping and getting his teammates to go back to what worked in the first half, Paul decides he has to iso, and play for fouls instead of playing for the best shot possible. If Paul plays for the best shot possible, instead of playing for the foul, he scores 50+ points last night, we win the game, and he would deserve every ounce of praise he would have received. Instead he played like a dumbass, and deserves every once of criticism he receives because it is the exact same criticism he has been receiving from me and others on this board for the past 5 freaking years. Yet he has not changed at all.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post: