Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 499

Thread: Post game--Series Is Over

  1. #101
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,849

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just do what I do. Set low expectations and you can never really be let down when they lose.
    Did you say you didn't actually watch the game? If you had, you'd be in a funk right now.
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  3. #102

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    They've beat us four games in a row. All close games? Any chance at all we can flip the script and do the impossible? So tired of witnessing Indiana teams be on the wrong side of history. Would be amazing but that's why a true fan will feel as devastated if we do get eliminated as tonight, but still holds out for a miracle. Waiting for that Colts 2006 Pacers moment if it ever happens lol

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:


  5. #103
    Blow it up BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,200

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    If we just had Magnum Rolle available things might have turned out differently.

  6. #104

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Refs made sure in 3rd Q that Cleveland would get back into game. Cleveland was allowed to mug us. Lol at the Frye missed 3 foul. NBA is a disgrace. Fans that pay money deserve better
    We've seen it for years. Any chance we can actually overcome that and win it all? Seems unlikely, minus a miracle. The Colts were the last Indiana team to win it all and that's been over a decade and that was pretty much a miracle how it happened.

    All we need is a literal miracle...haha

  7. #105
    Blow it up BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,200

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    It will be nice to get a real coach at some point. I think that is something to look forward to. There isn't any way Nate is coaching this team next year. I'm sure someone will want to follow this act. Reminds me of the time Frank Vogel followed JOb.

  8. #106

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you say you didn't actually watch the game? If you had, you'd be in a funk right now.
    I wish I didn't watch it.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:


  10. #107
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,849

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There isn't any way Nate is coaching this team next year.
    I don't have your confidence in this matter.
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference


  11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  12. #108
    #Biggie4NPOY Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23,244

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over



  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  14. #109

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we just had Magnum Rolle available things might have turned out differently.
    I want to joke and be funny, but deep down inside of me, some crazed delusioned fan thinks if we had Hanbrough things may be different lol. But even if magical make believe land he had been a HOFer for us like Reggie, any chance he would overcome the stripes? Seems unlikely

    Which is why tonight feels so devastating. We could lose a HOFer like George for never being able to get past LeBron, which is almost impossible anyways..But doesn't it seem the refs make the unlikely almost damn near impossible? Or wouldn't there just be more wildcard NBA championships in general? A world where Barkley, Reggie, and Marino in football all have rings. Throw in Ewing and Stockton and Malone for good measure.

  15. #110
    Peace Dog D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sonic Temple
    Posts
    8,944

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am going to get roasted for asking this, but I will anyways:

    Did anyone else feel like Paul George let the refs get in his head. Paul did not get a lot (a **** ton to be honest) of the calls, but I felt like he was out of his game a bit in the third and was just looking for contact.

    When the TNT guys said the HC got the tech and not Paul I was hoping Paul would go off on a official and get a tech just to get it out of his system.

    Not even close to the reason we lost, but an observation I made right after that technical foul was called
    Although I felt the officiating allowed Cleveland to get away with a lot guarding Paul, maybe moreso off the ball than on - and I get his frustration - I definitely think they took him out of it mentally. Of course, the same could be said for the entire team in the second half.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  16. #111

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would say this mattered but nobody in their right mind thought we were winning this matchup.

    Maybe we could've beaten the Celtics.
    This is true. The pacers were never going to beat the cavs in a series. And unless you actually win the series, it's all pretty irrelevant.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:


  18. #112
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,512
    Mood

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Hes with some decent company on that list
    Lifelong pacers fan

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:


  20. #113
    Member jrwannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,832

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we just had Magnum Rolle available things might have turned out differently.
    Next Years retread on the Mad Ants

  21. #114

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    at least we aren't down 2 games to the 8 seed
    Yes because being anybody but LeBron was actually going to win the East...

  22. #115

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've seen it for years. Any chance we can actually overcome that and win it all? Seems unlikely, minus a miracle. The Colts were the last Indiana team to win it all and that's been over a decade and that was pretty much a miracle how it happened.

    All we need is a literal miracle...haha

    The Fever won it all in 2012 yeah I know WNBA

  23. #116
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,632

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    I'm still hoping I fell asleep on the couch at halftime, and this has all just been a bad dream.

  24. #117
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,512
    Mood

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Whats pathetic is we still have played the cavs a lot harder than any of those atlanta hawks teams ever did, even the 61 win team. They just got beat by double figures every game.
    Lifelong pacers fan

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:


  26. #118

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, but thats BS.

    A playoff game always matters. Perhaps this team was going to struggle against the champs, but I would take 2-1 over 3-0 any day of the week.

    I agree the chances of beating the Cavs were slim. However, that doesnt excuse the second half tonight (and FWIW I think this team has put up a big fight in the first two games. Hell, if that shot goes down in game game this game is to give the series lead)

    Either way just an embarrassing second half. Pathetic. Simply pathetic

    Yes as far as a moral victory but those mean nothing. You can take a team to the brink but if you don't get past them then what good are you? You are judged by actual wins and losses in sports.

    Style points don't matter except to fans who look back fondly over better days like the 90s Pacers teams but at the time I bet most of us were frustrated they couldn't get past Jordan/Bulls.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  28. #119

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whats pathetic is we still have played the cavs a lot harder than any of those atlanta hawks teams ever did, even the 61 win team. They just got beat by double figures every game.


    Jeff Teague was on those teams maybe its him

  29. #120
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,543

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whats pathetic is we still have played the cavs a lot harder than any of those atlanta hawks teams ever did, even the 61 win team. They just got beat by double figures every game.
    Honestly, it feels like Indiana is one of the few teams not getting blown out in the playoffs.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  30. #121

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly, it feels like Indiana is one of the few teams not getting blown out in the playoffs.
    But if you don't win one game it doesn't really mean much. That being said while a sweep is always embarrassing it might be best for the Pacers in the long term.

  31. #122
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    21,070

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    The only thing I wanted out of this series was to not get embarrassed. I did not get what I wanted.

  32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LG33 For This Useful Post:


  33. #123

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Paul George was honorable in the post game presser.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  35. #124
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,123

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Nate McMillian making his case for the worst Pacers coach ever. This dude didn't call a time out at all in the 3rd qtr. He let Cleveland find and sustain their run. Every game in this series he has gotten progressively worse with his in game decision making. I'm not sure he can coach a worse game than this, but he will try in game 4.

    22 - 3pters, never gonna learn


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  37. #125
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    10,186

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We could lose a HOFer like George
    Stop right there. It is laughable after tonight's performance to call George a HOF level player. You got off for 21 points in a quarter, then turns into mental midget the next because the refs aren't calling things in your favor. That is not a HOF level player. That is a Rudy Gay level player. He has absolutely no mental toughness. The Pacers don't lose tonight if they have a HOF level player on this team.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •