Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Post game--Series Is Over

Default Re: Post game--Series Is Over

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know the refs were really silent on the Pacers side, but the Pacers dug this hole themselves, a 26 point lead should be enough cushion to counteract negative external forces, but Pacers just stopped playing basketball.
    Any time I see the refs criticized in this game I immediately think to this same point as well.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No question Pacers were soft in the 2nd half.

Were playing the 'milk the clock' offense instead of looking for plays. Teague was buried on the bench for Ellis, and everyone was looking for someone else to take shots besides PG.

Bad defense.

No hustle plays.

I mean this might be the softest play I've seen in Pacers history by Ellis. He may as well have rolled out the red carpet, got on his knees to bow to the king, and kissed LeBron's rings on his way for the uncontested dunk--failing to pick him up near the 3 point line...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Speaking of Thad, I want to see him on LeBron more. He did a pretty good job defensively when he was guarding LeBron, and it seems like LeBron tends to struggle a little when guarded by PFs.

If we can keep from having to double LeBron often, we should be able to stay at home on Cleveland's shooters. Unless Irving goes off, in which case there's not much we can do anyway.
    The problem with that is it takes Thad off of Love, and he's really the only guy we have that defends Love well.

Number of pacers fgm in 3rd qtr:5
    Number of PG assists in 3rd qtr:4

Cleveland made it a point to stop PG and his teammates decided to play in the dirt to draw pictures.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Other than he used the word "we" and you presented he used some variation of the word "I" you're spot on.......
    ******** watch it again.

Dan Dakic took his comments as blaming his teammates for not stepping up and sounding entitled.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    ******** watch it again.

Dan Dakic took his comments as blaming his teammates for not stepping up and sounding entitled.
    Dan Dakich is awful.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Dan Dakich LOLOLOL

Direct quotes from PG in his press conference:
    "We came out relaxed"
    "We didn't pressure up on the ball."
    "We didn't make anything tough."
    "We got beat like that in game 1 and game 2. At some point we got to nip that in the bud."

Tell me more about blaming teammates. Tell me more about how 36/15/9 ISNT stepping up. Tell more about being entitled.

I'm not the one who needs to watch it again.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Dan Dakich is awful.
    Dan Dakich cost his team a win because he was a baby and decided he wasn't going to send his team out to play overtime.

Dan Dakich bragged about trying to fight DJ White in the lockerroom.

Dan Dakich is an idiot.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Dan Dakich cost his team a win because he was a baby and decided he wasn't going to send his team out to play overtime.

Dan Dakich bragged about trying to fight DJ White in the lockerroom.

Dan Dakich is an idiot.
    Not to mention, he's been Ryan Grigson's biggest cheerleader over the past 3 seasons despite clear evidence of poor performance.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Number of pacers fgm in 3rd qtr:5
    Number of PG assists in 3rd qtr:4

Cleveland made it a point to stop PG and his teammates decided to play in the dirt to draw pictures.
    You do realize that the only reason we aren't talking about the other players or even the coach is because everyone agrees that the other players played like crap and the coach should be fired. We don't have people saying "Pacer fans don't deserve Monta Ellis" or "Anyone criticizing Monta is foolish" because everyone agrees that Monta played like crap. There are just some of us here who aren't afraid to criticize Paul when Paul deserves criticism, and are able to look past his stat line to realize he deserves just as much blame as his teammates do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    You do realize that the only reason we aren't talking about the other players or even the coach is because everyone agrees that the other players played like crap and the coach should be fired. We don't have people saying "Pacer fans don't deserve Monta Ellis" or "Anyone criticizing Monta is foolish" because everyone agrees that Monta played like crap. There are just some of us here who aren't afraid to criticize Paul when Paul deserves criticism, and are able to look past his stat line to realize he deserves just as much blame as his teammates do.
    They deserve as much and yet we're not talking about them and only about Paul.........

Makes sense.

No, we don't have anyone saying that about Monta. We had you in two different threads defending Monta though while supposedly having just as much blame as pg.

That also makes sense.

Edit: maybe just one, this one. Thought you had a post one the second to last page of the game thread defending Monta and I see it was just a trade PG but not really because he's a mental midget post. No other comments about the other players, just Paul. But he gets equal blame while the others get equal but non-existant.
    Last edited by Since86; 04-21-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    Next season I just want Paul, Lance, Myles, and a big that can rebound and defend. Really not attached to anyone else.
    I want whatever Lakers and Celtics are offering, maybe trade Myles as well but is ok to keep him for now.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Does PG deserve some? Sure. Does he deserve you yahoos rambling on about how he's the reason why the game was lost, which is what you said post #275? HELL NO

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    . Paul was not single handily winning the game, he was a benefactor of the team as a whole playing a high level of team basketball that completely disappeared in the second half. Instead of regrouping and getting his teammates to go back to what worked in the first half, Paul decides he has to iso, and play for fouls instead of playing for the best shot possible. If Paul plays for the best shot possible, instead of playing for the foul, he scores 50+ points last night, we win the game, and he would deserve every ounce of praise he would have received. Instead he played like a dumbass, and deserves every once of criticism he receives because it is the exact same criticism he has been receiving from me and others on this board for the past 5 freaking years. Yet he has not changed at all.

Pacers didn't win because Paul didn't play team basketball and didn't score 50.

Blame is equally shared, but I'll just voice what Paul should have done and that's it. It's your fault if you don't realize I'm blaming everyone and not just Paul......
    Last edited by Since86; 04-21-2017 at 03:48 PM.

No question Pacers were soft in the 2nd half.

Were playing the 'milk the clock' offense instead of looking for plays. Teague was buried on the bench for Ellis, and everyone was looking for someone else to take shots besides PG.

Bad defense.

No hustle plays.

I mean this might be the softest play I've seen in Pacers history by Ellis. He may as well have rolled out the red carpet, got on his knees to bow to the king, and kissed LeBron's rings on his way for the uncontested dunk--failing to pick him up near the 3 point line...

Ellis was trying to get to Korver in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Ellis was trying to get to Korver in the corner.
    He was trying to avoid being on a poster lol

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Just a couple of notes

pacers have not been swept in a playoff series since 1992 when they lost 0-3. That is amazing really.

Just a question more of a general question, something I have never really understood. If a coach gets blamed for his team blowing a 26 point lead then why doesn't the coach get any credit for getting a 26 point lead in the first place.
    Lance commented on this after the game

Said something like Pacers make adjustments between games, but then never make adjustments mid game

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Trying to guard the three point line and not stop a guy from a dunk is about as dumb as it gets.

Sure a 3 is worth more than a 2 but a dunk right there has a success rate of 100.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

The Al Jefferson contract is just horrific at this point. 10 million for 2 more years and can't even get off the bench. Yikes.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This. We have the superstar we need to be a contender. Now it's up to Bird and Simon to show us if they're really serious about bringing a title to Indy. Even freaking Cleveland loosened the purse strings to get a title.

LeBron won't reign over the East forever, and PG could very well be the best player in the conference once LeBron's done.
    The idea that any other player in the East other than Lebron is better than Paul is ****ing absurd. Derozan went ZERO FOR ****ING EIGHT last night. Giannis has been good in Milwaukee.

The three best players in the East are Lebron, PG and Jimmy in that order.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    The Al Jefferson contract is just horrific at this point. 10 million for 2 more years and can't even get off the bench. Yikes.
    Well, it's $10 million for next year. They year after that only $4 million is guaranteed. It's still a terrible contract though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    3 year deal. 3rd year is team option so next season is his 2nd & final season with Pacers. We could deal him @ the deadline or even this summer. Probably a team out there that would take him

Still, Big Al should've been given a chance to play in this series. That dude was a beast in the playoffs last year against Miami. You've all seen him, if he gets it going you can go him every other time down the court. He'll get buckets. I know he hurt his ankle but his ankle is fine now.

What's going to happen is Nate will play him in Game 4 on Sunday when we're down 20 & he'll have like 6 straight pts.

Not to mention, he's been Ryan Grigson's biggest cheerleader over the past 3 seasons despite clear evidence of poor performance.
    Yes I agree Dakich is an idiot and a annoying person.

But to suggest he doesn't know what he's talking about, especially considering Paul clearly criticized his teammates after the other two games, as far as basketball is concerned is either underestimating him, or severely overstating your own knowledge. That's the problem nowadays, if you don't like someone they are an idiot. People only want to be around people who agree with their worst opinions. They don't enjoy a challenge.

Here is the part in question.

Question: Do you think there is anything more you could've done to stop the bleeding in that 3rd quarter?

Paul George : "Yeah, I thought early on in the 3rd, I saw it getting out of control. I watched it getting out of hand. BUT again, ithe comes down to trust. I trust the guys out on that floor. I just thought, I kind of watched it unravel. I should've stepped in sooner, and maybe demanded the ball a little bit sooner, to get us flowing, to get us moving...."

Kind of sounds like someone who feels he didn't have enough help.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    Still, Big Al should've been given a chance to play in this series. That dude was a beast in the playoffs last year against Miami. You've all seen him, if he gets it going you can go him every other time down the court. He'll get buckets. I know he hurt his ankle but his ankle is fine now.

What's going to happen is Nate will play him in Game 4 on Sunday when we're down 20 & he'll have like 6 straight pts.

I think Al would come in handy because he's a BIG BODY. Tristan can't just move him out of the way like he can Myles at times. Also Al when he gets going requires a double team and would draw the defense and be able to kick it out for 3 to a shooter off some post action. Al's big body would also help with rebounding.

By the way, Al made $10 mil this season. Next season is his final contract year before the team option. He's due $9.8 next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    Yes I agree Dakich is an idiot and a annoying person.

But to suggest he doesn't know what he's talking about, especially considering Paul clearly criticized his teammates after the other two games, as far as basketball is concerned is either underestimating him, or severely overstating your own knowledge. That's the problem nowadays, if you don't like someone they are an idiot. People only want to be around people who agree with their worst opinions. They don't enjoy a challenge.