Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What has killed us in both playoff series is our complete inability to defend and rebound. And that's entirely on the roster construction. Yes, Nate is a below average coach and he certainly killed us tonight and Frank killed us in that game 5 despite being a very good coach but neither of them built this roster. Our flaws lie in our roster and that's 100% on Bird. A fish rots from the head down.
    How many times has a Bird put together team missed the playoffs? Wish your company would fire anyone not in the top 5% of their job.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    How many times has a Bird put together team missed the playoffs? Wish your company would fire anyone not in the top 5% of their job.
    Except it has NEVER been about just making the playoffs. It is about winning the CHAMPIONSHIP. This will never happen as long we are a 7th or a 8th seed in the East. It has happened the last two years and each of those years we have been taken out in the first round (yes I know we aren't eliminated yet, but we will be swept). I would rather we missed the playoffs and had a chance at a top pick in the lottery. Instead we have to settle for a 4 game sweep in the playoffs.
    PACER FAN ON STRIKE!!!-The moment the Pacers fire Larry Bird I will cheer for them again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DrBadd01 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

If the point is just to make the playoffs then he should inform Paul George so he can leave. You don't get to aim so low when you have a player like PG. The teams that Bird has put together these last two years have been absolutely atrocious in terms of roster construction.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    McMillian should be fired after this game, and Paul should be traded (I'm not actually advocating for him to be traded) after that second half. You can't let the refs affect you if you ever want to win a championship. Mental midgets don't win championships.
    Dude the Grizzlies coach called out the refs. The NBA refs are the worst game officials in sports today. I am waiting for the day where much like what is happening right now at FOX NEWS, someone investigates the NBA from the top down and exposes all of this game fixing they've been doing over the years. The refs were letting Cleveland maul us in the 2nd half.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Larry has been terrific, but whiffed on this particular incarnation of the Pacers. The Teague, thad, Roy, moves were all fine in a vacuum (Hibbert especially, cut bait at the exact right time) but the whole is less than the sum of the parts. The issue has been the abscence of a guiding narrative beyond 'increase talent level'. That may be as a result of pressure adding quicky to PG given his contract, the difficulty attracting FAs in a small market, Larry losing his touch, or all three.
    "He's a strong physical presence out there on both ends of the court. He's a man. There's a reason he was an All-Star." -- Vogel on David West

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Willbo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Dude the Grizzlies coach called out the refs. The NBA refs are the worst game officials in sports today. I am waiting for the day where much like what is happening right now at FOX NEWS, someone investigates the NBA from the top down and exposes all of this game fixing they've been doing over the years. The refs were letting Cleveland maul us in the 2nd half.
    Oh I agree completely, the NBA refs are complete crap, I've said more than my fair share about how terrible the refs are. Everyone knows the refs are terrible, including Paul George, yet Paul George still lets the refs get to him even though he knows they won't be giving him the benefit of the doubt. That only makes his lack of mental toughness look even worse, not better. You go into the games knowing you will get a raw deal, and when you get a raw deal you let it take you out of the game.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Monta's defense on Lebron's drive...
    His *** should have got Tinsley'd for that. Instead Nate left him out for another five minutes at least.

****ing wuss. Cut his *** loose tonight. If you going to literally run away from a player instead of playing defense, you need to get the **** off this roster.

And where's the accountability Larry? A non puppet coach would have parked Monta's *** on the bench after that!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

If the point is just to make the playoffs then he should inform Paul George so he can leave. You don't get to aim so low when you have a player like PG. The teams that Bird has put together these last two years have been absolutely atrocious in terms of roster construction.
    I'm guessing PG likes having Larry as part of the Pacers. You know. The guy who drafted him and has been by his side the whole time. But ok. You win. Larry sucks because he drafted a superstar and then since our other pieces aren't good enough to win a title that he put together he's just a horrible GM. You win. I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    That has to be the biggest playoff meltdown.
    Doyle has an article up calling this the worst loss in franchise history

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    For historical purposes I can see that but honestly it didn't really bother me yeah it sucked to see them blow a huge lead but they weren't going to win this series anyways or a championship for that matter.

I think the 1998 Game 7 loss vs the Bulls was the worst for me.

Sports Logo

I'm guessing PG likes having Larry as part of the Pacers. You know. The guy who drafted him and has been by his side the whole time. But ok.
    PG likes having Larry around? Seriously? That's one of the main arguments that Bird critics use against him. Bird has alienated PG both by making stupid comments about him (claiming that he is the one making the decisions around here and not PG and that PG would have to play PF) and by firing his favourite coach (Frank) and a couple of his best friends on the team (Danny and Lance, although he did get Lance back). I don't think that PG likes having Larry around at all. He likes being in Indiana and he certainly likes several team on the team's staff but I don't think that Larry is among those.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    It was one game. It wasn't technically that important of a game. But it might be a franchise defining moment as has been said. It is the kind of game that demoralizes and demotivates a team. Something your star player may want to put behind him.

I would say if this was the deciding factor for Paul George, it might just be the worst loss in franchise history.

Diehard Pacers fan here & last night didn't bother me. Yea I was mad watching it unfold but once it was over I stopped thinking about it. Definitely didn't let it bother me today. Years ago I would have been pissed off for days, wouldn't wanna talk to anyone. But now that I'm getting older I don't let losses get to me like that. Because it doesn't affect my life. Much more to life than these guys who literally do not care. Fans care way more than the team. Once you all figure that out you'll be better off.

I was like that from about 5-6 years old to around 25 years old but really bad while I was in school, even elemtary school. People knew if the Colts or Pacers lost just by the way I acted. Let that **** get to me way too much. Pretty embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    Diehard Pacers fan here & last night didn't bother me. Yea I was mad watching it unfold but once it was over I stopped thinking about it. Definitely didn't let it bother me today. Years ago I would have been pissed off for days, wouldn't wanna talk to anyone. But now that I'm getting older I don't let losses get to me like that. Because it doesn't affect my life. Much more to life than these guys who literally do not care. Fans care way more than the team. Once you all figure that out you'll be better off.

I was like that from about 5-6 years old to around 25 years old but really bad while I was in school, even elemtary school. People knew if the Colts or Pacers lost just by the way I acted. Let that **** get to me way too much. Pretty embarrassing.
    I forget when I cared...or if I did care.

PG likes having Larry around? Seriously? That's one of the main arguments that Bird critics use against him. Bird has alienated PG both by making stupid comments about him (claiming that he is the one making the decisions around here and not PG and that PG would have to play PF) and by firing his favourite coach (Frank) and a couple of his best friends on the team (Danny and Lance, although he did get Lance back). I don't think that PG likes having Larry around at all. He likes being in Indiana and he certainly likes several team on the team's staff but I don't think that Larry is among those.
    I think it's important to note that it's an argument people use against him that isn't based on anything from PG or Larry, or insiders at all, to my knowledge.