Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 615

Thread: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

  1. #551
    Member MUpaceSIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    971

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Wow... I'll be surprised if the Pacers lose by anything less than 20 in game 4.

  2. #552
    #Biggie4NPOY Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,819

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    trade everybody for picks but Lance and let Hinkie build around him

  3. #553
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,507

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Cavs went small Nate when big, bravo Nate !!!
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  4. #554
    Member MUpaceSIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    971

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    trade everybody for picks but Lance and let Hinkie build around him
    Would you trade Turner if you were offered a top 3 pick?

  5. #555
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,443

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by DrBadd01 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saw this coming as soon as Bird fired Vogel last year. Bird wouldn't know how to be a good GM if it was standing right in front of him.
    You and me both, mate. Bird had screwed up before that as well but firing Frank and hiring Nate in his stead was inexcusable.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  7. #556
    Indy not China BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    22,338

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If PG leaves and Myles becomes our "franchise player," we're in a shitload of trouble.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow. Lavoy Allen might be a better option at C. Myles is playing like a backup C on the edge of getting cut. He looks weak and bad out there. No confidence. No talent. Just nothing.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  9. #557
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    21,908

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Myles Turner with 6 and 4 is pretty inexcusable.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    He's 21. The number of 21 year olds who consistently produce in the playoffs are few and far between. Vets win in the playoffs. Why do you think Lebron wanted Love instead of Wiggins? Why do you think the Cavs are stacked with vets?

    Of course Turner is going to struggle in a playoff series against the champs. The playoffs are all about experience and savvy veteran play.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 04-20-2017 at 09:38 PM.

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  11. #558
    13/31 Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    50,883

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG has 4 fewer points and 3 fewer assists than LBJ. I'd say the rest of the team lost this one.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    You could say that for pretty much the entire series.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

    1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  13. #559
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    31
    Posts
    30,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you trade Turner if you were offered a top 3 pick?
    Yeah.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  15. #560
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,034

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you trade Turner if you were offered a top 3 pick?
    I would, dude is scared when it counts


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  17. #561
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,283
    Mood

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Where are the miles haters?!?!? That was under 20 seconds! So 'clutch'!
    2017 NBA Champions

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:


  19. #562
    #Biggie4NPOY Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,819

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you trade Turner if you were offered a top 3 pick?
    in a heartbeat

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  21. #563
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,507

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Glad CJ made a shot when it didn't matter
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  22. #564
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    31
    Posts
    30,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    I don't mean to be melodramatic but this might have been a franchise altering collapse.

  23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  24. #565
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,827

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    If I'm Paul George unless all I want in my career is the money I laugh my *** off at any offer this organization makes

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:


  26. #566
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,450

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    I'm actually embarrassed to be a Pacer fan
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  27. #567
    Indy not China BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    22,338

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you trade Turner if you were offered a top 3 pick?
    Of course and we wouldn't get that. We'd get a pick in the teens for him.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  29. #568
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    21,047

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    CJ Miles should've been on the court more. He's actually willing to shoot the ball.

  30. #569
    Member MUpaceSIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    971

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    in a heartbeat
    I'm a huge Turner fan, but in this draft I'd take that risk if we're blowing it up.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to MUpaceSIC For This Useful Post:


  32. #570
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,443

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah- because Larry is to blame for blowing a 30 point lead to the defending champs by holding the ball until 5 seconds are left on the shot clock the whole second half...
    No. Larry isn't to blame for this collapse. But Larry is definitely to blame for an awful coaching fire, an awful coaching hire and for putting together a roster that doesn't fit together.
    Last edited by Nuntius; 04-20-2017 at 09:43 PM. Reason: I initially wrote play instead of blame. No idea why.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  34. #571
    Indy not China BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    22,338

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't mean to be melodramatic but this might have been a franchise altering collapse.
    I think you're onto something. This franchise is in disarray. All it takes is Paul George leaving and there is nothing but backups out there.

  35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  36. #572
    Member MUpaceSIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    971

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course and we wouldn't get that. We'd get a pick in the teens for him.
    That's where you're wrong. I GUARANTEE we'd get a top 3 pick. He's 21, and has a very high ceiling still.

  37. #573

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Most definitely, .He is too slow footed and weak. You can get the same numbers plus more rebounding from a garbage guy who just scores on put backs.
    Last edited by rimrattler; 04-20-2017 at 09:45 PM.

  38. #574
    Indy not China BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    22,338

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by LG33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    CJ Miles should've been on the court more. He's actually willing to shoot the ball.
    27% from 3 in the series. How would that change things. People are willing to shoot.

  39. #575
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,507

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't mean to be melodramatic but this might have been a franchise altering collapse.
    We can only hope
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •