Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast
Results 576 to 600 of 615

Thread: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

  1. #576
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    21,049

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Where can I watch Paul George go out and get fined by the NBA?

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LG33 For This Useful Post:


  3. #577
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,514

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    I just don't understand what happened? Yeah, LeBron was great, but you can't blow a 26 point lead at home like that.

  4. #578
    2017-18 Starting PG? BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    22,769

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's where you're wrong. I GUARANTEE we'd get a top 3 pick. He's 21, and has a very high ceiling still.
    Man, I hope you are right. There is NO WAY he's worth a top 3 pick in the draft.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  6. #579

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by LG33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where can I watch Paul George go out and get fined by the NBA?
    NBATV
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:


  8. #580
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,720

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    This is why I wanted Boston in round 1

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:


  10. #581
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    33,201

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just don't understand what happened? Yeah, LeBron was great, but you can't blow a 26 point lead at home like that.
    They went small, Nate didn't adjust.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  12. #582
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    31
    Posts
    30,652

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NBATV
    Bucks/Raps is on NBATV

  13. #583
    2017-18 Starting PG? BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    22,769

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just don't understand what happened? Yeah, LeBron was great, but you can't blow a 26 point lead at home like that.
    They have much, much better players and that became painfully obvious. We are talking the GOAT and his all-star level players versus Paul George and backups.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  15. #584
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,820

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where are the miles haters?!?!? That was under 20 seconds! So 'clutch'!
    He doesn't make them when they matter. The game was over.
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around Paul and Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard


  16. #585
    Member Drewtone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, CA
    Age
    48
    Posts
    635
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm actually embarrassed to be a Pacer fan
    Dude the only thing saving us right now is the Raptors getting roasted by the Bucks.
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

    Bob Netolicky

  17. #586
    2017-18 Starting PG? BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    22,769

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He doesn't make them when they matter. The game was over.
    More than anything, he doesn't do anything else on the floor. Hardly any assists all year. He's not rebounding. He's spotting up and hitting 27% from 3.

  18. #587
    Member CoolHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    404
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have much, much better players and that became painfully obvious. We are talking the GOAT and his all-star level players versus Paul George and backups.
    That used to be counteracted by good coaching for us...

  19. #588
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,448

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is why I wanted Boston in round 1
    I'm pretty sure that everyone wanted anyone but the Cavs. Unfortunately, beggars can't be chosers.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  21. #589
    Member jrwannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,776

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Why isn't Nate trying different bigs? Turner is not working this series. Can Allen and Christmas be that much worse?

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrwannabe For This Useful Post:


  23. #590
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    10,145

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    McMillian should be fired after this game, and Paul should be traded (I'm not actually advocating for him to be traded) after that second half. You can't let the refs affect you if you ever want to win a championship. Mental midgets don't win championships.

  24. #591
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    33,201

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have much, much better players and that became painfully obvious. We are talking the GOAT and his all-star level players versus Paul George and backups.
    2 of their stars didn't play on the 2nd half.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  26. #592
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,448

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That used to be counteracted by good coaching for us...
    That was back when we actually had a good coach. Unfortunately, we also had a bad GM (or president of basketball operations as we call him) who got his feelings hurt by that good coach and decided to fire him.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  28. #593
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,317

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have much, much better players and that became painfully obvious. We are talking the GOAT and his all-star level players versus Paul George and backups.
    Actually, Irving and Love didn't play a single minute in the 4th quarter.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  29. #594

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was back when we actually had a good coach. Unfortunately, we also had a bad GM (or president of basketball operations as we call him) who got his feelings hurt by that good coach and decided to fire him.
    You are truly unreal right now. We just blew a 30 point lead...the coach is to blame obviously but to tie that to Bird and say "hey Bird should have known Nate would slow the game down completely and kill all our momentum in a huge game when he hired him" is the dumbest **** I've ever heard. Vogel killed us last year in the playoffs clearly too. Get over your Vogel crush man.

  30. #595
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    2,340

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are truly unreal right now. We just blew a 30 point lead...the coach is to blame obviously but to tie that to Bird and say "hey Bird should have known Nate would slow the game down completely and kill all our momentum in a huge game when he hired him" is the dumbest **** I've ever heard. Vogel killed us last year in the playoffs clearly too. Get over your Vogel crush man.
    Vogel was at least a good enough coach that they wouldn't have blown the lead. Nate is nothing more than a yes man for Larry; He isn't even a decent coach.
    PACER FAN ON STRIKE!!!-The moment the Pacers fire Larry Bird I will cheer for them again.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrBadd01 For This Useful Post:


  32. #596
    Member jrwannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,776

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, Irving and Love didn't play a single minute in the 4th quarter.
    Yeah. They had a coach that stuck to players, playing good at the time. Nate had a group playing well and started subbing out players.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to jrwannabe For This Useful Post:


  34. #597

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by DrBadd01 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vogel was at least a good enough coach that they wouldn't have blown the lead. Nate is nothing more than a yes man for Larry; He isn't even a decent coach.
    Larry was a better coach than both of them.

  35. #598
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    2,340

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry was a better coach than both of them.
    Except Larry Bird "ain't walking through that door." When he did coach he largely a figurehead anyways letting Carlisle and Harter do the coaching for him. He gets WAY too much credit.
    PACER FAN ON STRIKE!!!-The moment the Pacers fire Larry Bird I will cheer for them again.

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrBadd01 For This Useful Post:


  37. #599
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,448

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are truly unreal right now. We just blew a 30 point lead...the coach is to blame obviously but to tie that to Bird and say "hey Bird should have known Nate would slow the game down completely and kill all our momentum in a huge game when he hired him" is the dumbest **** I've ever heard. Vogel killed us last year in the playoffs clearly too. Get over your Vogel crush man.
    What has killed us in both playoff series is our complete inability to defend and rebound. And that's entirely on the roster construction. Yes, Nate is a below average coach and he certainly killed us tonight and Frank killed us in that game 5 despite being a very good coach but neither of them built this roster. Our flaws lie in our roster and that's 100% on Bird. A fish rots from the head down.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  39. #600
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    2,340

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/20/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #3: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What has killed us in both playoff series is our complete inability to defend and rebound. And that's entirely on the roster construction. Yes, Nate is a below average coach and he certainly killed us tonight and Frank killed us in that game 5 despite being a very good coach but neither of them built this roster. Our flaws lie in our roster and that's 100% on Bird. A fish rots from the head down.
    Very well put.
    PACER FAN ON STRIKE!!!-The moment the Pacers fire Larry Bird I will cheer for them again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •