Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 380

Thread: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

  1. #26
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,050

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Quote Originally Posted by LG33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For whom? Ian Mahinmi isn't walking through that door.
    Don't care at this point, give AL a cake or 2 and let's do this.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  3. #27

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cavs got lucky
    I want to believe you're trolling but you actually believe this don't you?

  4. #28

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    It's hard to beat a team with 3 all Stars when you only have 1. Just my opinion but the Pacers are just weak physically. They play very poor defense. Myles better hit some damn weights this summer.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rimrattler For This Useful Post:


  6. #29
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    3,607

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Teague was not the issue. What game were you watching?
    I agree, he played as well as he has all season, but he won't be back next season. He will be too expensive and Bird has said he wants to go to "positionless" basketball. I think we will see a bigger back court than Teague and Ellis.

  7. #30
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,793
    Mood

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    This game wasnt that bad. At least we came back. We were 13-28 on the road this season and we lost by 1 and 6 to the defending champs on their turf. If you expected more thats on you. If anything, these two games were encouraging.
    Lifelong pacers fan

  8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  9. #31
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,050

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Crazy but Al offensive ability could have helped I don't think Thompson can guard him.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  10. #32
    Member jrwannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,924

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Hope Nate saw how well playing big did. But I doubt it.

  11. #33
    Administrator Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,504

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Teague won't be back.
    Who do we get that's better?

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  13. #34
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    29
    Posts
    39,867

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    If I was Paul george I would be sarcastically calling Nate "sarge" every time i saw him for the next 2 days.



  14. #35
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,831

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who do we get that's better?

    Is it too late to bring George Hill back?

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  16. #36
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,576

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    I'm kinda surprised that a few of those late calls went against the Pacers, or that they were called at all. The 'entertainment' angle would've been to either let them play or go the Pacers' way and give the Pacers a better chance to close the gap. For one thing, they legitimately could've gone the other way to the Pacers, for another, they make the game go to the wire and even possibly extend the series (if the Pacers could've taken advantage), and make for a more compelling storyline heading to Indy 1-1.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  18. #37
    Rebirth. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    3,231

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This game wasnt that bad. At least we came back. We were 13-28 on the road this season and we lost by 1 and 6 to the defending champs on their turf. If you expected more thats on you. If anything, these two games were encouraging.
    First game, I'm with you.

    This game? No way, it's not encouraging to watch us lose because of a straight up bad strategy. And we were too damn slow and stubborn to do something about it? Naw, that's giving any chance of victory away.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  20. #38
    #LanceEffect TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,505

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who do we get that's better?
    We probably won't... That's the point

  21. #39
    Lurker of the Year Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fountain Square
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,782

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, he played as well as he has all season, but he won't be back next season. He will be too expensive and Bird has said he wants to go to "positionless" basketball. I think we will see a bigger back court than Teague and Ellis.
    Who do you think we're getting that is better at PG?

    With Bird rights considered, trying to replace Teague in free agency makes no sense. There just isn't a better realistic option. He's done a good job considering, we need to surround him with more big wings for sure. It's not like most teams don't have a 6-2 point guard or two on the roster.
    Last edited by Infinite MAN_force; 04-17-2017 at 09:49 PM.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  22. #40
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,050

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Al has playoffs experience and unlike Myles is not afraid of the moment, that is my solution.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  23. #41
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,050

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who do we get that's better?
    Beverly man Beverly, I got space in the wagon.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  25. #42
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,793
    Mood

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First game, I'm with you.

    This game? No way, it's not encouraging to watch us lose because of a straight up bad strategy. And we were too damn slow and stubborn to do something about it? Naw, that's giving any chance of victory away.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Bad strategy? Or they're a lot better than us.
    Lifelong pacers fan

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:


  27. #43

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Love that Lance saved the Pacers' season, hate that Lance saved Nate's job.

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  29. #44
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,831

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    I would keep Teague. Trade first rounder(s) whatever to move Jefferson and Ellis' contracts and try to make a run at Gordon Hayward if it's actually realistic. Go all-in with PG while we have him because tonight wasn't a good one for the 'Build around Myles Turner instead bandwagon'.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  31. #45

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    LOL. This is crazy negative thinking. A shot away and a short push away with the horrible coaching decisions defensively occurring throughout both games and you say "we can't win a game". Not to mention those games both on the road between two teams who have awful road records comparably to their home records

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:


  33. #46
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it too late to bring George Hill back?
    George fits much better next to Lance, but that's not happening. The Pacers should NEVER have brought in a pass first point guard like Teague with so many poor shooting guards. It was never going to work.

    The issue with the Pacers is primarily in the front office. Secondly, the coach has no idea what he's doing. He's competing hard with JOb and Zeke as the two worst Pacer coaches in the last 25 years.

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  35. #47

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Love that Lance saved the Pacers' season, hate that Lance saved Nate's job.
    I disagree with the latter. Nate is an extension of Larry. Sure Larry can fire the dude but who would the Pacers get to replace him?

    I don't see a coach wanting to come here well one that matters anyways.

  36. #48
    Rebirth. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    3,231

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bad strategy? Or they're a lot better than us.
    Come on man.

    Of course they have better players, but some of the play calling on defense was batshit crazy.

    Seriously? That led to the penultimate run that put the game out of reach. Not to mention the legion of other calls this game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  37. #49

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone here has their narratives and their scapegoats so I expect the usual responses around here. That said, nobody wants to criticize the golden boy, you aren't doing **** in this series until you get something out of Myles Turner. Period.
    MONTA ****ing sucks man!
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  38. #50
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,831

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    George fits much better next to Lance, but that's not happening. The Pacers should NEVER have brought in a pass first point guard like Teague with so many poor shooting guards. It was never going to work.

    The issue with the Pacers is primarily in the front office. Secondly, the coach has no idea what he's doing. He's competing hard with JOb and Zeke as the two worst Pacer coaches in the last 25 years.
    I think Teague is fine. The problem is you have Ellis next to him--making good $$$, which is just an awful pairing.

  39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •