Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

Sports Logo

Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol so the public finding out would be more detrimental to the lockerroom than the actual things that happened......

And nah I don't think any of that. I'm saying you have no clue how it impacted the lockerroom​ if it did at all.
    You're right. I don't. However, I would think human nature says they would get tired of Paul George running his mouth, and they have to answer for or defend it when the media is in their face about it. You're expecting them to ignore it or "toughen up", where if Paul George would just chill, they wouldn't have to worry about it at all and just focus on basketball.

Do you think Melo enjoyed answering questions about Phil Jackson's​ comments all the time? Some players do want to play the game and not have drama. For example, KP is taking an "extended vacation" this offseason and didn't even bother having an exit interview with the Knicks due the Knicks drama.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Sports Logo

Truth be told, Paul George constantly running his mouth was one of the main reasons why I would trade him if didn't get the DPE. Of late, his comments disgust me so much, that I would want to trade him regardless.
    Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 04-19-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

it has been kinda crazy how literally every single national media personality I've seen is all on the "PG wants out" train

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

it has been kinda crazy how literally every single national media personality I've seen is all on the "PG wants out" train
    Unnecessary distraction...

It is what it is now. Paul George leaving Indiana if they lose to the defending champs will become the dominant headline until the series is over.

Here's the irony...no one expects Indiana to win though, yet it's implied that they do need to win to keep Paul George.

EDIT: It's so funny how he mentions what the stories and headlines should be about which confirms what I was saying that players want to focus on basketball and not worry about drama.
    Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 04-19-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Unnecessary distraction...

It is what it is now. Paul George leaving Indiana if they lose to the defending champs will become the dominant headline until the series is over.

Here's the irony...no one expects Indiana to win though, yet it's implied that they do need to win to keep Paul George.
    Perhaps people should stop listening to what everyone in the media is saying and following the narrative and figure out themselves what is the higher possibility. If winning really is important why would PG go to Lakers ?

People need to ignore the drama and gossip and think for themselves.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Truth be told, Paul George constantly running his mouth was one of the main reasons why I would trade him if didn't get the DPE. Of late, his comments disgust me so much, that I would want to trade him regardless.
    Aaaaaand there it is on a different note.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

Sports Logo

at they very least I think PG could use some public speaking coaching. need to get Clark Kellogg to make a special appearance and coach him up.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Perhaps people should stop listening to what everyone in the media is saying and following the narrative and figure out themselves what is the higher possibility. If winning really is important why would PG go to Lakers ?

People need to ignore the drama and gossip and think for themselves.
    That's an unrealistic expectation when Paul George keeps adding to the fire. You can't tell people "There's nothing to see" when Paul George keeps making comments like he does.

That's like telling someone not to look for the burning building although they keep hearing the sirens go by. Turn off the sirens.

If PG played games 1-70 like he did 71-82 when he was like "oh ****, the season is only 4 more weeks? I better turn it on if we want to make the playoffs & I wanna make all NBA." If he goes hard the first 5 months of the season we're hitting the road for Game 3 & 4 instead of hosting LeBron James.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

That's an unrealistic expectation when Paul George keeps adding to the fire. You can't tell people "There's nothing to see" when Paul George keeps making comments like he does.

That's like telling someone not to look for the burning building although they keep hearing the sirens go by. Turn off the sirens.
    the ONLY thing PG has said at all about that situation is that he wants to play for a winning team. That is it.
    #LanceEffect

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    the ONLY thing PG has said at all about that situation is that he wants to play for a winning team. That is it.
    No, he insulted everyone by saying Myles needed to work on his rebounding, Lance needed to be able to keep his emotions in check when losing, and that as best player he should get the ball back for the last shot. These are so far beyond the pale that I almost couldn't type them - surely the worst things any NBA player has ever spread about his teammates in NBA history, and proof of how his teammates hate him.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    No, he insulted everyone by saying Myles needed to work on his rebounding, Lance needed to be able to keep his emotions in check when losing, and that as best player he should get the ball back for the last shot. These are so far beyond the pale that I almost couldn't type them - surely the worst things any NBA player has ever spread about his teammates in NBA history, and proof of how his teammates hate him.
    ****. I dind't think about those. Yeah I think the Lakers are the only logical landing spot now.
    #LanceEffect

19. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

Didn't you know everyone deserves a participation award. They don't need to improve!

Paul George is saying what everyone else is thinking. How many times has this board said Turner needs to shoot or rebound better, or how many times people have discussed the benefits of having a calm Lance.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Don't forget about overstating the importance of Lance's arrival earlier. His comments around the trade deadline. His constant comments about the winning teams he played on. His comments about getting more touches. I'm trying to remember the rest of his comments this season, but there was a lot of them that rubbed me the wrong way.

Whether it was intentional or not, he's painting an ugly picture for himself. Before the season started, I didn't give much thought to him leaving Indiana. After you hear so many quotes from him, Paul George doesn't give you the impression he wants to stay. Another podcaster asked the perfect question...why does it seem like that when Paul George speaks, he's always throwing someone underneath the bus?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Didn't you know everyone deserves a participation award. They don't need to improve!

Paul George is saying what everyone else is thinking. How many times has this board said Turner needs to shoot or rebound better, or how many times people have discussed the benefits of having a calm Lance.
    There's some truth in what he's saying, but he has to say it better where it feels like he still support his teammates and have their back.

Someone said it best in another thread...his teammates know he's not a natural born leader. How many times do you keep letting him make those type of comments before it starts to rub people the wrong way?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

He seems sincere. I would say roll with it. Go ahead and sit down with him and ask what he wants to do. But just like the hot girl in high school, you want to believe. You will believe.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

sav

PG is saying all of the RIGHT things. If we had this kind of leader on the team 4 years ago the Pacers might have won a title.

So what if he's not a natural born leader, leadership can be learned and he's definitely come a long way. Now he's being the face of the franchise, on the court and as far as keeping teammates accountable.

The value that brings is highly important. Proud of him tbh, and I don't think the rest of the team has any problem with what he's saying. If they do, they can hit the road.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    PG is saying all of the RIGHT things. If we had this kind of leader on the team 4 years ago the Pacers might have won a title.

So what if he's not a natural born leader, leadership can be learned and he's definitely come a long way. Now he's being the face of the franchise, on the court and as far as keeping teammates accountable.

The value that brings is highly important. Proud of him tbh, and I don't think the rest of the team has any problem with what he's saying. If they do, they can hit the road.
    We did, Bird just traded him away at the trade deadline.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    We did, Bird just traded him away at the trade deadline.
    Lance is the new leader.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Lance is the fire but he is not the leader. That is where Paul is showing up, like the way he is doing it or not.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    If PG played games 1-70 like he did 71-82 when he was like "oh ****, the season is only 4 more weeks? I better turn it on if we want to make the playoffs & I wanna make all NBA." If he goes hard the first 5 months of the season we're hitting the road for Game 3 & 4 instead of hosting LeBron James.
    YAY!!! We're back to the whole "he averaged one point less than the prior and best season ever so he didn't care!"

If Lance is the new leader, we're in trouble. He's the spark, not the leader.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

sav

YAY!!! We're back to the whole "he averaged one point less than the prior and best season ever so he didn't care!"
    I mean...I don't think there's any question that PG played the last month or two of the regular season with a much greater intensity than the rest of the season.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Yeah but that's not what he's saying.

Everyone raved about PG last year and suddenly he wasn't "going hard" when scoring less than one point under his last year's average.

I've read enough ******** over this season about PG mailing it in, or not playing with effort, or another stupid way of phrasing it (or the BnG approach and saying he regressed) to know that they're not simply saying he's playing with more intensity now.

I mean, the guy says if PG played this way the whole season they'd have home court advantage. He played that way since March and their record from March 1 to the end of the season? 11-11.
    Last edited by Since86; 04-20-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Yeah but that's not what he's saying.

Everyone raved about PG last year and suddenly he wasn't "going hard" when scoring less than one point under his last year's average.

I've read enough ******** over this season about PG mailing it in, or not playing with effort, or another stupid way of phrasing it (or the BnG approach and saying he regressed) to know that they're not simply saying he's playing with more intensity now.

I mean, the guy says if PG played this way the whole season they'd have home court advantage. He played that way since March and their record from March 1 to the end of the season? 11-11.
    The problem is, I'm not sure Paul's intensity level that he brought late in the season and always in the playoffs is sustainable for an entire 82 game season.

Look at the year when the Pacers boasted about getting homecourt advantage in the offseason to top the Heat, played out of this world defense until January, and then by February, the wheels started falling off as everyone looked gassed.

There's a reason why team's are now frequently giving players off days because the season is so damn long.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

sav